Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGreenthumb12
Stranger

Looking for more experienced opinions on first time grow room
    #805330 - 02/04/16 09:59 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hey there I am new to growery and have been finding it quite useful even though I have not had very much experience with an indoor set up. I have read a few different posts with a variety of different sizes in grow room but none that I could completely compare to the one I have been trying to set up. So my question(s) to anyone with more experience and knowledge is that do you think a 7X2X5 grow room in a basement would be acceptable? It has a cement floor but I was considering building a Wooden layer I could work on. I hooked up a small bathroom fan to a on/off switch with a ventilation set up going out the window but I have not made an access for clean air to come into the room yet. Plus from what I have seen on growery I am not sure if the bathroom fan I got will be sufficient enough for the air flow out anyway.? I plan on using a 1000 watt HPS and MH set up but still need a reflector for the ballast I have so I am willing to take any opinions that suggest I use different lighting too. Thanks any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Bear with me here I am learning

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

Re: Looking for more experienced opinions on first time grow room [Re: Greenthumb12]
    #805332 - 02/05/16 12:23 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Id just go 100% hps, and vent will be biggest issue.
First you need to clean the air going out unless its going somewhere you don't give a hang if someone smells it, and you need a bigger fan for that also a carbon filter or ozonator
It's def gonna get hot in there.
Keep reading, and welcome
Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineGrit
Re: Looking for more experienced opinions on first time grow room [Re: Greenthumb12]
    #805341 - 02/05/16 07:16 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

My buddy has room set up in his pole barn and the cement floor gets terribly cold in the winter, he just lays down a sheet of dense styrofoam to keep the containers from sitting on the cold cement. You're definitely going to need to vent your light in that small of a room, make sure you get a hood that can be vented. Use one of those high velocity cfm fans to exhaust the heat. You can use HPS for veg and flower, but I prefer MH for veg, you'll get more stretch out of the plant if you use MH to veg, which I personally like because I have unlimited head room.

Maybe one of the more experienced guys here can explain the spectrum difference between MH and HPS better than I can.
MH is usually 65k - 72k and has the blue spectrum which is more beneficial for vegetative growth (my opinion)
HPS is around 27k and has the red spectrum which is more beneficial for flower development.

OfflineGreenthumb12
Stranger

Re: Looking for more experienced opinions on first time grow room [Re: Grit]
    #805352 - 02/05/16 11:17 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Okay So I will replace the smaller bathroom fan with the a high velocity cfm fan and a get a hood that can vented for my reflector. Do I need clean air flow to the hood of the reflector? or will having an exhaust fan simulate wind in the room be okay? The room that the grow room is in itself does not have the best airflow (yet) and I will probably use HPS and MH just because it seems more beneficial for the plant growth and I have a few of each bulb already. I am also not too concerned about the smell yet the ventilation is pretty discreet and everyone is pretty lax in CA about herb but I will definitely  consider getting a carbon filter or an ozonator? (Have never heard of that before) if it stinks the area too much.

Thanks a lot for the help I am really enjoying the forum so far

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

#805373 - 02/05/16 04:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

No, just cool air to cool reflector, and if smell isn't too big an issue then you are a lucky one. Anyway you need airflow in room additionally.

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineGrit
    #805392 - 02/06/16 06:03 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Well just a heads up on the smell, it might very well be lax on the growing in California and your neighbors might be cool about it, but...there are always thieves to worry about. You get some punk ass walking past your property and catch a whiff of goodness, they might just come back when your not home and steal your shit. I would seriously consider using a carbon filter. 

Here is a nice reflector, fan and filter setup -
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=701175
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=736705
http://www.rvfgardensupply.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=904520

And get good hangers for your reflector, last thing you want is your light to fall on your babies because you took shortcuts and rigged up a way to hang the light.

OfflineGreenthumb12
Stranger

Re: Looking for more experienced opinions on first time grow room [Re: Grit]
    #805473 - 02/07/16 12:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah thats a good point i will definitely get one then thanks for the link this is a great site they have a lot of stuff I have never heard of thats pretty high tech

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder