Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Grow Tents
    #398820 - 04/09/10 09:30 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think any affiliates are selling these.

Has anyone had personal experience with these style of grow tents?
http://www.htgsupply.com/products.asp?categoryID=19

They claim that off gassing is no longer a problem from these style of tents, but they are relatively new so there may be problems not everyone is aware of.

I'm considering buying 2 of these for an upcoming Cocoa Kush grow :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow Tents [Re: DungenessDank]
    #399157 - 04/10/10 02:28 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

RVF sells grow tents.  And they'll give you a discount when you say your from the growery.

What do you mean by off gassing.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: Grow Tents [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #399188 - 04/10/10 06:41 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I checked the list before I posted, and as far as I can tell, RVF is no longer a sponsor :justdontknow:

Certain materials inside some grow tents will give off toxic gasses when exposed to HID lighting and high heat. Mainly plastic based components of the tent, and the gas is especially toxic to cannabis.

I've read that the Mylar lined tents don't have this problem anymore, but I've been skeptical after reading about the problems people have had.

I'll probably end up purchasing something similar, just because of the convenience of not having to build my own box.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #399212 - 04/10/10 08:27 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I got my tent about 3 weeks ago. It's 6ft3 with a Mylar interior. That's 76x76"! $175.00

When I first set it up all I could smell for about a week and a half was the tent. The canvas is made of materials derived from oil. My whole apartment smelled like an oil refinery for a week. Every time I went in the spare room that smell would get stuck in my nostrils and I could smell it REALLY strong for about 30mins. When I came home it was the first thing that hit you. It was stronger smelling than the 7 medium size plants.

After about another week the smell had dissipated to barely noticeable. Now 3 weeks later, you don't even know it's there. You can stick your nose right up to the tent and barely get a whiff. Zip yourself inside, no smell.

I've had those 7 plants flowering right in front (within 2ft.) of the tent and never noticed any adverse effect on them. If you get one, just set it up like 2 weeks before you use it.

DO NOT BUY AN EXPENSIVE GROW TENT!!! If you can put an anchor hook in your ceiling get a cheap tent off eBay! PM me for the eBay seller carrying the tents. He has many sizes, the canvas is well built, great customer service, and you can get 2 for the price of one of the tents you're considering.

I just anchored my frame to the ceiling this morning. Here's a few pics. You can see the anchor in the ceiling and I have a scrap piece of nylon rope that was fed through the seam (no hole) and tied to the center of the frame (pic #2). Now instead of the frame bowing down when you hang the light, it bows UP!!! One of my more satisfying purchases.

(Looks like I still need to move the tent a few inches) Time to hang the light! :potleaf:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: Grow Tents [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #399215 - 04/10/10 08:33 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you man, good advice. I will definitely set it up to air out, because I know I do not want to have to smell that in my room :thumbup:

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#400057 - 04/12/10 11:16 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Im rocking a 4x4  for vegging and it's bu bu bu-bud-tastic.

6'' fan ports built in.
At least 10 vents that you can velcro closed.
Mounting for your HID, & FAn.
Fits ductwork.
Easy Clean.
Quiets fans.
Keeps temps down.

I like it.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Grow Tents [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #400388 - 04/12/10 09:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I bought one from a hydro store and another one off Amazon. I can tell you that most of the people who sell grow tents try to please there customer base. The one I have has never killed a plant. Off gassing grow tents were a problem when they first came out, since then there have been better improvements on the material. The new smell is not that bad on some of them. I would advise a grow tent if you don't have a room to devote.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grow Tents [Re: Dephect]
    #400393 - 04/12/10 09:55 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I have a whole room to work with, but I went with a tent because I'm worried about smell and security.

With the tent I can easily hook up a carbon filter and eliminate smell. The other problem was the window. I don't want to block the window off and have it look suspicious. With the tent I can leave the curtain down in the summer months and not worry about light leaks. Plus, I can have company over and they can use the bathroom without seeing immense light coming from the "spare" bedroom.

These tents have definite advantages. That much Mylar would be about the same price as the tent itself. :thumbup:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies