Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Any good guides on building a grow tent?
    #310419 - 11/05/09 05:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm going to be using Mylar and 2x3s.

Should I just use ply wood? for the walls?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: Any good guides on building a grow tent? [Re: pftek]
    #310427 - 11/05/09 05:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Do I need a vapor barrier? lining the walls on this inside? outside? anything else to help seal the smell?

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
    #310445 - 11/05/09 05:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If you use black/white instead of mylar and tuck tape to seal completely, should not need vapor barrier.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any good guides on building a grow tent? [Re: Azyle00]
    #310629 - 11/05/09 08:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Nothing is going to seal the smell of those plants in flower b/c you MUST have air exchange and movement to have healthy plants.
The only way to eliminate the smell is by filtering it.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any good guides on building a grow tent? (moved) [Re: pftek]
    #310636 - 11/05/09 08:14 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was moved from Marijuana Cultivation.

Reason:
Gonna move this from general cult to grow room design so that you can continue this as a discussion of your build from start to finish.

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: Any good guides on building a grow tent? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #311023 - 11/06/09 11:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Nothing is going to seal the smell of those plants in flower b/c you MUST have air exchange and movement to have healthy plants.
The only way to eliminate the smell is by filtering it.

yeah definitely going to do that. but i have no idea how to set up the filtering system.

how strong of a fan do i use? do I have it blow or suck (or do I use two one for each)? does the location of the fan matter? what about the exhaust?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #311246 - 11/06/09 02:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the cfm of your fan choice should correspond to the cubic footage of your grow space.
Using the fan for suction is  a more efficient use of its power, as opposed to using it to "push" air.
You only need one.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: Any good guides on building a grow tent? [Re: Azyle00]
    #311293 - 11/06/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Azyle00 said:
If you use black/white instead of mylar and tuck tape to seal completely, should not need vapor barrier.

Black and white meaning panda film? Any specific reasoning over mylar? is it the ml thickness or is this material better and containing everything inside?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #311645 - 11/07/09 06:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You need to stop thinking of mylar/panda as a containment system...it serves to reflect light and prevent light leaks.
Mylar is a BITCH to work with because if you look at it wrong, it tears.
Panda Film is black/white poly, but its brand name (kind of like Kleenex is brand name for tissues) so you can get it cheaper in the off-brand.
I also like flat white paint as a reflective material...with poly or paint, you get a highly reflective surface, and you don't have to worry about wrinkling it beyond recognition and getting hot spots/dead spots in your light reflectivity.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: Any good guides on building a grow tent? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #311767 - 11/07/09 12:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
You need to stop thinking of mylar/panda as a containment system...it serves to reflect light and prevent light leaks.
Mylar is a BITCH to work with because if you look at it wrong, it tears.
Panda Film is black/white poly, but its brand name (kind of like Kleenex is brand name for tissues) so you can get it cheaper in the off-brand.
I also like flat white paint as a reflective material...with poly or paint, you get a highly reflective surface, and you don't have to worry about wrinkling it beyond recognition and getting hot spots/dead spots in your light reflectivity.

excellent. I think I'll build a closet out of 2x3s and this flimsy type of plywood. Not sure what it is but it's cheap.

Thinking 4x5.5 and height of 6 feet or so. If I want to get a little crazy I might go 5 feet by 8 feet and 6 feet high or so. build it and then either paint it flat white or black/white poly. Is this film that much better than painting flat white?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds