Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineshiithead
a good boy, but a better girl

Are drug tests sensitive to CBD/CBN? Mary's Medicinals
    #773129 - 03/21/15 08:05 PM (9 years, 10 days ago)

Just got a new job that tests for drugs. Can those things show up on tests??

I am very interested in Mary's Medicinals brand of trans-dermal patches.

Can anyone speak on these regarding drug tests or if they are legit??

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
--------------------
My Testimony of Jesus Christ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Are drug tests sensitive to CBD/CBN? Mary's Medicinals [Re: shiithead]
    #773130 - 03/21/15 08:08 PM (9 years, 10 days ago)

cant help shiit head .

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #773145 - 03/21/15 09:48 PM (9 years, 10 days ago)

ive seen them in the dispensaries but never tried them. check the THC content before you buy it. look at the package yourself cause some budtenders are stupid and will tell you the wrong thing... i know some are labeled CBD/CBN but there still might be a little THC in them. if there isnt, then you're fine since THC drug tests look for the metabolite of THC, not CBD/CBN.

Offlineshiithead

Re: Are drug tests sensitive to CBD/CBN? Mary's Medicinals [Re: CrushNazT]
    #773146 - 03/21/15 10:11 PM (9 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
some budtenders are stupid and will tell you the wrong thing... i know some are labeled CBD/CBN but there still might be a little THC in them. if there isnt, then you're fine since THC drug tests look for the metabolite of THC, not CBD/CBN.

Yea I figured as much. I just need something with 0 thc. Pissing hot for thc is not an option for me.

--------------------

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
--------------------

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #773166 - 03/22/15 07:42 AM (9 years, 9 days ago)

simple answer is then dont use anything if you need to piss clean. easier said than done, i know. ive done my time on probation.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: Are drug tests sensitive to CBD/CBN? Mary's Medicinals [Re: CrushNazT]
    #773168 - 03/22/15 08:15 AM (9 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
simple answer is then dont use anything if you need to piss clean.

^this

The complex answer took me a solid 4 seconds of googling so pay attention. I don't want my hardearned research going to waste.

Quote:

Because THC is widely recognized as being responsible for marijuana's psychoactivity and euphoria, a routine urine drug screen for marijuana use consists of an immunoassay with antibodies that are made to detect it, and its main metabolite, 11-nor-delta9-caboxy-THC (THC-COOH). SAMHSA has set the cutoff level for a positive urine screen in the immunoassay at 50 ng/mL. When the immunoassay screen is positive at the > 50 ng/mL level, a confirmatory GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry) test is performed to verify the positive urine screen. The confirmatory GC/MS has a cutoff level of 15 ng/mL and is specific only to the 11-nor-THCCOOH metabolite.

Fortunately, the urine drug screen for THC-COOH is known to have very little cross-reactivity to other cannabinoids that are not psychoactive, such as CBD (cannabidiol), CBG (cannabigerol), CBN (cannabinol), and others. This is good news for “normal” consumers of CBD/hemp oil.

That said, individuals using unusually large doses of a cannabinoid-rich hemp oil product (above 1000-2000 mg of hemp oil daily) could theoretically test positive during the initial urinary screen. Although very rare, the urine screen in these cases would likely represent a “false positive” due to other non-THC metabolites or compounds, which may cross-react with the immunoassay. When this is the case, the confirmatory GC/MS test would be negative, since CBD and other cannabinoids will not be detected by the more accurate (and specific) GC/MS screen.

Keep in mind that most of the high-quality, reliable CBD-rich hemp oil products contain much less THC than marijuana. For example, hemp contains anywhere from 1/10th to 1/300th of the THC concentration found in marijuana. An individual consuming 1000-2000 mg per day of hemp oil would thus consume approximately 3-6 mg of THC. This exceedingly high dose may result in detection of positive urine screen in up to 11% to 23% of assays.

On the other hand, there is some data demonstrating that at daily doses of 0.5mg of THC from 3-5 servings of most commercial CBD-rich hemp oil products, the positive urine screen rate is < 0.2%. Again, most servings of typical high-quality, high-purity CBD-based hemp oil products contain well below 0.1mg of THC and therefore have over 400-600 times less THC than marijuana products.

What does all this mean? Put simply, a consumer who uses a high-quality, scientifically vetted hemp-based product at the standard serving size is highly unlikely to test positive for THC and/or THC-COOH. However, it’s important to be cognizant that extremely high doses may result in a positive urine screen (that would be subsequently shown to be false via GC/MS). Ultimately, consumers need to be fully informed of the specific regulations posed by their employers and adjust their consumption of cannabinoid products accordingly.

Note: Most research suggests that for infrequent or 'non-daily' users of cannabis, a typical high-dose marijuana cigarette (containing about 40mg to 50mg of THC) would result in a positive THC metabolite screen for up to two days at this cutoff level. However, for routine and regular users of cannabis, this same screen could be positive for weeks, but this depends on many factors including, but not limited to:

how much and how often cannabis is used
the metabolism of individual being tested
the route of administration
other factors such as medications used, liver or kidney disease, etc.
This article is based on SAMHSA standards. Other organizations' drug testing standards may vary, so keep in mind that the findings presented in this article may differ under alternative standards. If you have any concern about testing positive for THC when using CBD-containing hemp oil, please seek advice from your health care professional.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Offlineshiithead

Re: Are drug tests sensitive to CBD/CBN? Mary's Medicinals [Re: SleepAid]
    #773174 - 03/22/15 08:52 AM (9 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
Quote:

CrushNazT said:
simple answer is then dont use anything if you need to piss clean.

^this

The complex answer took me a solid 4 seconds of googling so pay attention. I don't want my hardearned research going to waste.

Quote:

Because THC is widely recognized as being responsible for marijuana's psychoactivity and euphoria, a routine urine drug screen for marijuana use consists of an immunoassay with antibodies that are made to detect it, and its main metabolite, 11-nor-delta9-caboxy-THC (THC-COOH). SAMHSA has set the cutoff level for a positive urine screen in the immunoassay at 50 ng/mL. When the immunoassay screen is positive at the > 50 ng/mL level, a confirmatory GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry) test is performed to verify the positive urine screen. The confirmatory GC/MS has a cutoff level of 15 ng/mL and is specific only to the 11-nor-THCCOOH metabolite.

Fortunately, the urine drug screen for THC-COOH is known to have very little cross-reactivity to other cannabinoids that are not psychoactive, such as CBD (cannabidiol), CBG (cannabigerol), CBN (cannabinol), and others. This is good news for “normal” consumers of CBD/hemp oil.

That said, individuals using unusually large doses of a cannabinoid-rich hemp oil product (above 1000-2000 mg of hemp oil daily) could theoretically test positive during the initial urinary screen. Although very rare, the urine screen in these cases would likely represent a “false positive” due to other non-THC metabolites or compounds, which may cross-react with the immunoassay. When this is the case, the confirmatory GC/MS test would be negative, since CBD and other cannabinoids will not be detected by the more accurate (and specific) GC/MS screen.

Keep in mind that most of the high-quality, reliable CBD-rich hemp oil products contain much less THC than marijuana. For example, hemp contains anywhere from 1/10th to 1/300th of the THC concentration found in marijuana. An individual consuming 1000-2000 mg per day of hemp oil would thus consume approximately 3-6 mg of THC. This exceedingly high dose may result in detection of positive urine screen in up to 11% to 23% of assays.

On the other hand, there is some data demonstrating that at daily doses of 0.5mg of THC from 3-5 servings of most commercial CBD-rich hemp oil products, the positive urine screen rate is < 0.2%. Again, most servings of typical high-quality, high-purity CBD-based hemp oil products contain well below 0.1mg of THC and therefore have over 400-600 times less THC than marijuana products.

What does all this mean? Put simply, a consumer who uses a high-quality, scientifically vetted hemp-based product at the standard serving size is highly unlikely to test positive for THC and/or THC-COOH. However, it’s important to be cognizant that extremely high doses may result in a positive urine screen (that would be subsequently shown to be false via GC/MS). Ultimately, consumers need to be fully informed of the specific regulations posed by their employers and adjust their consumption of cannabinoid products accordingly.

Note: Most research suggests that for infrequent or 'non-daily' users of cannabis, a typical high-dose marijuana cigarette (containing about 40mg to 50mg of THC) would result in a positive THC metabolite screen for up to two days at this cutoff level. However, for routine and regular users of cannabis, this same screen could be positive for weeks, but this depends on many factors including, but not limited to:

how much and how often cannabis is used
the metabolism of individual being tested
the route of administration
other factors such as medications used, liver or kidney disease, etc.
This article is based on SAMHSA standards. Other organizations' drug testing standards may vary, so keep in mind that the findings presented in this article may differ under alternative standards. If you have any concern about testing positive for THC when using CBD-containing hemp oil, please seek advice from your health care professional.

Thank you for this. Do you know if most cbd products show how much thc is in them?

--------------------

--------------------

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#773270 - 03/22/15 07:12 PM (9 years, 9 days ago)

As I mentioned in the previously quoted text:

Quote:

CBD-based hemp oil products contain well below 0.1mg of THC and therefore have over 400-600 times less THC than marijuana products

So it would be safe to assume that any CBD specific products are not required to list such a thing even if they do contain this negligible amount, and it would be even safer to assume it does regardless of what the packaging says.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Offlineshiithead

Re: Are drug tests sensitive to CBD/CBN? Mary's Medicinals [Re: SleepAid]
    #773275 - 03/22/15 08:11 PM (9 years, 9 days ago)

I contacted mary's medicinals and they have 10% thc in their cbd and cbn patches xD I was hoping more on the <.5% side of it... Oh well...

--------------------

--------------------

Offlinesonolsan
Stranger
Male

#850838 - 10/11/21 08:38 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

It depends on the dose you took before. I have never taken a drug test, but I have often used rick simpson oil, which has just as strong an effect as mary jane's. I like the way I feel after these oils. It puts me in a state where I feel much more comfortable because I feel more free. And I like that freedom because I can do all the things I was afraid to do in the past and talk about something I was embarrassed to say. That's why it's very effective for me.

Edited by sonolsan (10/11/21 03:29 PM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: Are drug tests sensitive to CBD/CBN? Mary's Medicinals [Re: sonolsan]
    #850841 - 10/11/21 09:04 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

I got clean piss and snuck it into the test via strapped to inner thigh for body temp like a spy and got my job :shrug:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

OfflineSmoknordic
Stranger
Re: Are drug tests sensitive to CBD/CBN? Mary's Medicinals [Re: P-O]
    #858095 - 08/16/22 07:25 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

I have recently read some articles that said that CBD oil could give a positive result on a drug test. On the other hand, thinking logically, it can happen cause CBD is a component of the Cannabis plant, which is weed. Technically, it is said that small amounts of THC, which is present in the material that CBD is extracted from, can show a positive result in a drug test. The delta 8 products contain the main amount of THC. Personally, I can recommend the delta 8 gummies brand because they produce feelings of serenity and act like pain relief.

Edited by Smoknordic (08/19/22 06:46 AM)

OfflineFleabag Friend
OTD Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

Re: Are drug tests sensitive to CBD/CBN? Mary's Medicinals [Re: Smoknordic]
    #858108 - 08/16/22 10:21 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

:feelsoldman:

--------------------
Bassui wrote the following letter to one of his disciples who was about to die:
"The essence of your mind is not born, so it will never die. It is not an existence, which is perishable. It is not an emptiness, which is a mere void. It has neither color nor form. It enjoys no pleasures and suffers no pains.
"I know you are very ill. Like a good Zen student, you are facing that sickness squarely. You may not know exactly who is suffering, but question yourself: What is the essence of this mind? Think only of this. You will need no more. Covet nothing. Your end which is endless is as a snowflake dissolving in the pure air."

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Are drug tests sensitive to CBD/CBN? Mary's Medicinals [Re: Fleabag Friend]
    #858112 - 08/16/22 12:11 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Fleabag Friend said:
:feelsoldman:

:foshizzle:

Quote:

Smoknordic said:
I have recently read some articles that said that CBD oil could give a positive result on a drug test.

That is true, but only because a lot of "CBD" oil is not just CBD, and can contain trace amounts of other cannabinoids like THC. Some companies can pair up the standard EMIT drug tests with another test that looks at the ratio of CBD to THC metabolites, in order to determine if the positive Cannabis results on the EMIT test were caused by using a THC-dominant (psychoactive) product vs a CBD-dominant (non-psychoactive) product, and make an informed decision about whether the test results exclude you from employment.

There's also the problem of regulation. CBD products have very little regulation, and its not uncommon for a batch of CBD oil to have higher THC content than the label indicates. So even with CBD "isolates" that claim to have undetectable amounts of THC, you can't really trust that claim. I have personally tested several CBD isolate products, and have tested positive on the standard store-bought piss tests afterwards with some of the products.

Hope this helps. :pipesmoke:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Offlinekeilecpod
Stranger
    #859166 - 09/20/22 07:49 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Since it takes approximately five half-lives to eliminate a drug from the human body, CBD likely stays in the system for about 85 hours or about 3.5 days. So, based on the half-life of the drug, it's likely that detectable levels may be present for several days after use. I bought some CBD cannabis from Oklahoma medical cannabis dispensaries, and after one week, I made a medical investigation. They haven't been able to detect any CBD in my body or the fact that I consumed som cannabis a week ago before the investigation.

Edited by keilecpod (09/23/22 04:50 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale