Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

House and Garden Coco
    #760592 - 12/06/14 08:19 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

So I have the full line of House and Garden and some coco. Starting a seedling, not a cutting.

I'd like her to get a solid start, since that always seems to be my biggest issue in coir (slow start). I'm always reluctant to feed a tiny seedling because I'm used to growing in FFOF which doesn't need food for quite some time.

I'm germinating the seed until I see root pop, and then moving it to a 2x2 rockwool cube (for stability, because coir doesn't really provide a decent standing base for a trying seedling) until it pokes out, and then into a cup of coir.

I've heard of people soaking their rockwool in a root accelerator, I have H&G Roots Excelurator, and their website recommends feeding it to seedlings and cuttings  http://www.house-garden.us/roots-excelurator on the product page.

When does a plant stop being a "seedling" - 3 nodes? When the cotes fall off?

I'm probably going to swap this over to FFOF and keep it as a mother anyway, but it'll be a few weeks before I get to the hydro store.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: House and Garden Coco [Re: A To The K]
    #760647 - 12/06/14 11:03 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I germinate then plant my popped seeds directly to a solo cup of coco that has been pre-fed with 400PPM Canna A&B. Ive never had a need for rockwool. Ive tried planting directly to coco with no nutes at all but the results weren't near as good...they took forever to develop.

For your question, I believe most consider a plant no longer a seedling once it develops its first set of true leaves.

--------------------
:firecum:

Offlinewebster10

Re: House and Garden Coco [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #760667 - 12/06/14 01:25 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

What do you guys do to prepare you coco? I have a cocotek brick that clones are going into. I obviously have to expand it and flush the shit out of it. But then do you get nute it with a low ppm solution? How much of the solution do you run through the coco to actually "charge" it?

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: House and Garden Coco [Re: webster10]
    #760672 - 12/06/14 01:39 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

When using bricks I expand and flush the shit out of them like you said, then I fill my planting containers, treat with mycorrhizae (Great White) and let them sit for a few days, then feed them 400PPM Canna A&B just until it starts to runoff. I usually wait a day or two before planting after that but not always. That may be too strong with other brands but Ive found 400PPM is perfect for starting clones and seedlings with Canna nutes.

--------------------

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

#761026 - 12/09/14 07:47 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bEelzeBosS said:
When using bricks I expand and flush the shit out of them like you said, then I fill my planting containers, treat with mycorrhizae (Great White) and let them sit for a few days, then feed them 400PPM Canna A&B just until it starts to runoff. I usually wait a day or two before planting after that but not always. That may be too strong with other brands but Ive found 400PPM is perfect for starting clones and seedlings with Canna nutes.

Don't forget to add Canna Rhizotonic along with the Canna A&B.  5.6 ml/gal each A&B, 15.6 ml/gal Rhizo.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: House and Garden Coco [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #761044 - 12/09/14 09:13 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

You'll need to add some Ca/Mg to the coco, that's how Gen Hydro recommends treating it.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: House and Garden Coco [Re: phychotron]
    #761090 - 12/09/14 01:26 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

^^Ive never done either but still have had great results with no deficiencies. I thought about using Cal Mag but the Canna nutes have plenty of both. Ive never even heard of Canna Rhizotonic.

--------------------

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #761119 - 12/09/14 06:23 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Even Canna tells you that you need to treat the coco first before using it. If its been treated, like the bag coco, it should be fine as there is a Ca/Mg interaction with the coco, and it also displaces other salts that have taken residency in those micro-pores the Ca-Mg uses.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: House and Garden Coco [Re: phychotron]
    #761129 - 12/09/14 07:34 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Im not saying you shouldn't, I just never have...and haven't had any problems.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck