Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesativatease
Stranger
New to this - germination ?'s
    #733999 - 05/31/14 09:59 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Hi everyone,

I've been on the shroomery for awhile (diff name tho) and had success at home with the mushrooms, so I came over here and thought I'd give this a shot.  I know you probably hate questions like this from dumbasses such as myself who know next to nothing, but in researching about growing weed I am just simply overwhelmed with information and can't find a good starting point.

I'll be starting with seeds, growing indoors.  Indica strains.  Wanting to go the pots & soil route.  You know, keep it simple at first.  Can someone point me to a resource that has step-by-step seed germination information?  I've read differing opinions about moist paper towels versus just planting the seed in a dixie cup full of soil, I just don't know where to start.  Do they need light at this point of their growth?  I am clueless, as you see!

How many plants are manageable for a beginner?  I'm not trying to go for "quantity" but I'd like come away from this experience with more than an oz, you know....how many seeds would you recommend germinating?  I have a big enough space (empty spare bedroom) but I don't want to overwhelm myself either.  Thanks for any input!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: New to this - germination ?'s [Re: sativatease]
    #734081 - 06/01/14 05:25 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Welcome to the green side. Uh I'd say be prepared to read through a lot of info like the main cultivation info via the top of the page.  Besides that I'd say you want to rely on search or maybe get one of the guide books available. All the good ones are in digital form... most digital stuff gets pirated.

paper towel method works. Uh maybe germ 7 if they are regular seeds /shrug

You mostly just need to do what you did with mushrooms, only with cannabis there's a lot more shopping/spending money.

Goodluck!

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: New to this - germination ?'s [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #734082 - 06/01/14 06:28 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Moist (not soaked) paper towel in a ziplock, placed in darkness in the warmest room in your house if possible. 2-3 days later you should have a nice taproot.

--------------------
:firecum:

Offlinesativatease
Stranger
Re: New to this - germination ?'s [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #734098 - 06/01/14 11:05 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

thanks guys - I've been reading a lot about this for the last few days, and there is just so much information!  i've decided before trying to get fancy and building a bubbler or trying the scrog, let me just see if i can get some plants to grow in some pots......
I had just heard conflicting viewpoints about germinating the seeds (I have feminized seeds, if that makes any difference) One guy told me that doing it in the wet paper towel made the root system suck and that I should just plant it in the cup.  But I wasn't sure, so....

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: New to this - germination ?'s [Re: sativatease]
    #734101 - 06/01/14 11:44 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

That's BS

--------------------
:firecum:

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: New to this - germination ?'s [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #734118 - 06/01/14 01:50 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

There shouldn't be any problem with paper towel and rooting, I don't think. and yea Whatever you germinate in just make sure its not too moist.

It's not a hard plant to grow btw. If you can grow anything, you can grow pot, but most people get into it as a hobby and try to fine tune their skills and perfectly suit the plants needs and a bunch of other stuff that isn't necessarily needed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck