Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

looking at some indoor setups thinkin bout layin down some serious scratch$$
    #725769 - 04/13/14 05:11 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I very may well be looking to expand my repertoire and do a little serious indoor

what is a good setup??

looking at the aeroflo 60 site with extension or an ebb and flow table or four

I would run organic liquid in the aero of course the plus being able to reuse media

the tables with soil of course and the drawback being messing with all that soil come turnaround

I got a nice sized area to fool with and money is no object

way I see it its an investment for 10 fold return

would run 4-6 lights so 1000w or 600w?

and I don't live too terribly far from Hydro Wholesale in Atlanta

--------------------
bit of last year's bounty

Edited by Mr. Wilson (04/13/14 05:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: looking at some indoor setups thinkin bout layin down some serious scratch$$ [Re: Mr. Wilson]
    #725770 - 04/13/14 06:16 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

If you think you're going to be running organic in an aeroponic system then you really haven't done enough research.

Soil in a flood and drain? Also yikes.

And if it's 6 lights, they need to be 1kw, if they're 600w, you need to go with minimum 10 for the same square footage.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

Re: looking at some indoor setups thinkin bout layin down some serious scratch$$ [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #725773 - 04/13/14 06:39 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

i thought I seen some nutrients that were organic and able to flow through the sprayer/spinner mechanism in the aeroflo

also an ebb and flow table consists of a large tray of pots and the solution is pretty much run to waste whether applied by hand or using a drip irrigation frame correct??

I know soil is more forgiving as far as problems go but the growth on those aeroponic setups when dialed in is spectacular

or maybe I got it all wrong??

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

Re: looking at some indoor setups thinkin bout layin down some serious scratch$$ [Re: Mr. Wilson]
    #725774 - 04/13/14 06:46 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I believe the Humboldt line would work??

and 6000 watts!!  da damn man that's some serious illumination but I guess that's what it takes

how about 4 1000 waters on a mover??

--------------------

Edited by Mr. Wilson (04/13/14 06:52 PM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #725777 - 04/13/14 06:56 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

An Ebb and Flow table is a hydro system that floods and drains.  And reuses the water. 

Here, buy this BOOK , read it, then think about growing.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

Re: looking at some indoor setups thinkin bout layin down some serious scratch$$ [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #725780 - 04/13/14 07:01 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

haha

got it and the ed Rosenthal indoor hulticulture, the greg green grow bible, and many others

so you reuse the solution in an ebb and flow ehh??

nobody uses them as a run to waste system??

and there is no organic nutrient program that will run through the Aeroflo without clogging??

I have no apprehension to using a run to waste system because I would just use it to water my vegetables and flowers

seems to me that the sediment from the cycles going back into the reservoir would cause a few problems not to mention an eventual accumulation of muck and other nasty shit

--------------------

Edited by Mr. Wilson (04/13/14 07:09 PM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #725789 - 04/13/14 08:11 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Well, no offense, but if you have all those books, it doesn't seem like you have actually read them. 

In and ebb and flo setup, you have a reservoir that you pump nutrients and water into the table from and then it returns.  You change that reservoir once a week, at a minimum. 

You CAN do organic, it's just a bigger pain in the ass.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

Re: looking at some indoor setups thinkin bout layin down some serious scratch$$ [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #725793 - 04/13/14 09:01 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

yeah I mainly focused on the outdoor, soil prep, and organic amendment sections

im an outdoor guy myself

so I guess a man just lets the solution cycle until the ppm's get low then mix in more solution to get em back up??

what I got out of the Soma book was that his nutrients are in the soil and he pretty much "just adds water"

what I was thinking was along those lines with an ebb and flow table with a set of nursery pots with an excellent organic soil mixture and pretty much just using plain filtered water OR using an aeroponic system with an organic nute schedule but you guys say it doesn't exist

I guess the main thing with me is being organic but I just don't really want to fool with all that soil every 3 months i.e. buying and disposing

I like the idea of using an organic schedule with rockwool and hydroton to achieve superior results

it just seems less wasteful and cheaper in the long run

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #725794 - 04/13/14 09:24 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

You are contradicting yourself dude.  Do you want to use soil?  Or rockwool and hydroton?  Make up your mind dude.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

#725798 - 04/13/14 09:50 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

haha

yeah your're right man

I want to have my cake and eat it too

I want the taste supremeness that is organic but with the ease and cleanliness of rockwool and hydroton in a easy to operate system

that aint asking too much is it:rolleyes:

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #725800 - 04/13/14 09:56 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Well organic has nothing to do with taste.  WHAT SO EVER.  Magash can attest to that.  He did blind taste tests.  Its all a bunch of baloney.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

#725801 - 04/13/14 09:58 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

I want an aeroflo system and a damn good organic fertilizer program

I will not budge on the organic thing

even if I just have to go with an ebb and flow table full of black nursery pots with a damn good organic soil prep using mostly plain water and just running to waste

I just don't want to have to fuck with all that soil every time I harvest

I mean damn I know I aint the only person that's thought of this

I want the best of both worlds I guess is what im saying

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

#725802 - 04/13/14 09:59 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

yeah I read the post and we just aint gonna bicker about it

it is and has been and will be argued till the end of time ya know

what would be/is your preferred type of system??

--------------------

Edited by Mr. Wilson (04/13/14 10:01 PM)

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

#725804 - 04/13/14 10:13 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

that floranova seems to get the job done tho looking at magash's work tho:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #725806 - 04/13/14 10:45 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Wilson said:
I want an aeroflo system and a damn good organic fertilizer program

I will not budge on the organic thing

Here's the thing with organic;

True natural organic soil is full of plant material... chemists call this organic which simply means it has a carbon and a hydrogen atom. That plant material has super long chain organic molecules (once again, carbon and hydrogen atoms in the molecule) such as 1,5 diaminopentane. In an organic soil media the microfauna (primarily bacteria and fungi) break those enormous chains down over the course of weeks into immediately consumable compounds such as ammonia, ammonium, and various nitrates and nitrites. In hydroponic cultivation you're skipping the multi-week breakdown process and simply feeding the plants immediately available nutrients. In organic gardening the plants eat the exact same shit, simply the method of delivery is different.

I repeat, In organic gardening the plants eat the exact same shit, simply the method of delivery is different.

Tl;dr - organic is bullshit and hydro nutrient salts are the exact same shit but faster.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: looking at some indoor setups thinkin bout layin down some serious scratch$$ [Re: Harry_Ba11sach] * 1
    #725808 - 04/13/14 11:20 PM (9 years, 11 months ago)

Which is what I said, you just did it more eloquently.  But, it in nature it does make a difference.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: looking at some indoor setups thinkin bout layin down some serious scratch$$ [Re: Hawksresurrection] * 1
    #725830 - 04/14/14 07:59 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

It should be noted, that applies exclusively to organic nutrients. In the grocery store, "organic" has a much broader implication including no pesticides or fungicides so I think that's still worth the extra money. For growing pot however, I think organic nutrients are superfluous.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

#725831 - 04/14/14 08:12 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

ballsack laid it down didn't he haha

yeah I got my holes dug in the woods and letting my prep "cook" which would be the lengthy breaking down process I suppose

so I gather the aeroflo system with an outstanding fert program would be the way to go

I would have to get ppm/tds meters and learn to use them and use them religiously

also get a RO filter because I know my city water is shit

I don't drink it and neither does my dog

the aeroflo 60 with extension is 10'x7'

I wonder what lighting setup would be best- I have personally seen the effectiveness of HPS so that's probably what I will go with

I have looked into LED and plasma but I have a few doubts about them

will also get the 128 site EZ Clone and a T5 suitable for it

may need a light controller and mover

im not going to fool with CO2 for now anyway

ive already got a DWC bucket for mama and know a guy that grows so I can get some cuts for the first run and hes always growing the hottest strains (doing moby dick right now) he grows in soil and lets em get BIG

I have experience in taking and rooting cuttings and am not scared in the slightest of the process

so I guess maybe I might be open to using a non organic program (damn yall):smile:  and what would be the best way to go on lighting??

I figured I would set the system next to a wall that's been painted and build a partition around it with a door-- paint or film the interior of course

im leaning toward a 3 1000watt system on a mover or maybe 4

I would use one of those that move left to right of course

I want my system set up long so I can get to stuff easily

I will have the option of setting up an identical system next to it making it wider in the future if everything goes well

way I see it its gonna cost bout 10 g's to make this one right

does that sound bout right??

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

#725832 - 04/14/14 08:16 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

the only thing Im really stuck on is NOT using some of those industrial strength 'cides

I want my setup the way I want because I think it would be easier to cool
                              <--mover-->
  in----fan----light----light-----fan----light----light----fan??--out

--------------------

Edited by Mr. Wilson (04/14/14 08:21 AM)

InvisibleMr. Wilson
purty-weiner-dog

#725834 - 04/14/14 08:34 AM (9 years, 11 months ago)

im going to have to make some adjustments though

I own my own house but will have to get the name switched

I tell ya fellas

im tired of depending on our government to make sure we all have jobs and shit so im gonna create my own:strokebeard:

two things that never go out of style is pot and pussy:laugh:

and I have a hard enuff time keeping pussy around sooo

--------------------

Edited by Mr. Wilson (04/14/14 08:36 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order