Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Indoor Setup [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #232812 - 05/27/09 11:01 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah. I used 3 of the $25 ones in my closet. I'll post pics later. I'm going to start redoing my closet today :thumbup:. Anyway, I put odor gels near the exhaust fan (not in the grow area, but where the air was expelled. I kept the spray around in case unwanted "guests" showed up.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: Indoor Setup [Re: ethnoguy]
    #232992 - 05/27/09 05:07 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

So I think I'm gonna invest in a HPS light. A found a nice one online that would be perfect for 4 mature plants with maybe some seedlings.

http://www.growlightexpress.com/grow-light-systems-2/sun-system-2-hps-400-watt-7.html The ballast and reflector are one unit.

Either of these would be good
http://www.growlightexpress.com/hps-mh-bulbs-7/high-pressure-sodium-29/hortilux-super-hps-400-watt-89.html
http://www.growlightexpress.com/hps-mh-bulbs-7/high-pressure-sodium-29/ushio-400-watt-hps-hilux-ahs-opti-red-lamp-593.html

Does anyone have any comments on any of these products?

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #233025 - 05/27/09 05:37 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

That would definitely depend on your strain. I have 1 white widow flowering right now, 5 weeks in, and there is absolutly no smell coming off of my plant. The only thing i have the kills odor in the room is an ionic humidifier and i doubt that's what is killing the smell, just the strain, but my buddy is growing some blue kush, and that makes his whole house reek with a carbon scrubber and several oust large misters. It even smells outside of his house late into flowering. So your genetics play a major role on how much you need to invest in odor control.

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

#233334 - 05/28/09 07:12 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MonsignorBerric said:
So I think I'm gonna invest in a HPS light. A found a nice one online that would be perfect for 4 mature plants with maybe some seedlings.

http://www.growlightexpress.com/grow-light-systems-2/sun-system-2-hps-400-watt-7.html The ballast and reflector are one unit.

Either of these would be good
http://www.growlightexpress.com/hps-mh-bulbs-7/high-pressure-sodium-29/hortilux-super-hps-400-watt-89.html
http://www.growlightexpress.com/hps-mh-bulbs-7/high-pressure-sodium-29/ushio-400-watt-hps-hilux-ahs-opti-red-lamp-593.html

Does anyone have any comments on any of these products?

I would recommend the Hortilux bulb over the other one. I like them. Others will say that they are all pretty close, but IDK about that from experience.

That is a suitable light system. My concern with built in ballasts is noise. Most of those type systems are cheaper because the ballasts are magnetic. If you aren't such a tight budget, consider HTG Supply's Lumatek w/ Xtrasun (Hydrofarm) reflector. Well worth the cash, and its a full system. Lumatek ballasts are MH/HPS switchable.

I think it really doesn't get any better than Lumatek for ballasts and Hydrofarm for reflectors (well there is Hortilux). Anyway, putting my money where my mouth is, I just bought a Hydrofarm AC Radiant reflector, 400W Lumatek ballast, and cord set. Expensive, but it will more than pay for itself in electricity consumption, useable wattage, and yield.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

#233731 - 05/28/09 09:16 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think I'm just gonna be cheap and get 2 150w cfls, 1 red spectrum, 1 blue http://www.expresslightbulbs.com/compact-fluorescent-cfl-grow-light-bulbs-p-2.html

--------------------
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

#233870 - 05/29/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Here is my old CFL hood

Is that what you are thinking about, or a batwing reflector?

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

#233899 - 05/29/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thats exactly what I was going to get, I think HPS might be a little too expensive for me right now tho.

--------------------

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #233904 - 05/29/09 11:59 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Youd be suprised how cheap a 100w hps light from the hardware store can be. If you have a home depot around you they sell them for $70usd and you can order it online if they're not local. I promise you that light is better for flowering and a 100w hps has a way higher lumen output than a 150w cfl. Just a thought for you. I have a MH version of these lights for my mature clones and it works great.

Offlineethnoguy
E to the G
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor Setup [Re: Integra21]
    #234250 - 05/30/09 03:14 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

You could get a 250W HID from HTG Supply for the price of that Hydrofarm reflector and bulb. I think I spent around $130 + shipping for the CFL gear.

EG

--------------------

My Grow Closet

My Personal Cacti Pics

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order