Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHime
Stranger

just curious opinions
    #722311 - 03/20/14 02:39 PM (10 years, 11 days ago)

hey guys, just curious don't feel like taking pics and uploading

I've 4 plants, I started harvesting about 2-3 weeks ago around the 10 week mark, which is what is finishing time for this strain. The earliest buds were a bit lacking, still nice but short lasting and not enough body affect for my needs. I let them wait another week or so, trimmed dried, much more rounded.

My concern is about bud degradation. these plants were put through hell stressed and almost killed immediately into flowering... managed to keep them around and producing with limited good leaves. The pistils mostly went light red to dark red very early while the buds were still growing... after some treatment they began to throw white pistils again and began gaining some size very slowly. I am almost 2 weeks past the 10 week mark and they are still throwing white pistils here and there and the buds appear to be growing still in those areas.

The tops of some of them are looking a little worn? perhaps degredation; happening so slowly that I can hardly tell- sometimes the tops look a little less crystally/pronounced after watering it seems? maybe not maybe neither hehe. I don't have a scope, don't plan to get one as I won't be here much longer and I won't be growing cannabis for a long time after this.

I like the crop as it is right now so harvesting the rest would be good but they seem to still be growing, I can't really tell at this time if they are really degrading at all, but just below the tops are new white pistils- some too close/connected to clip the "finished" and leave the "new growth"(without chopping directly through a bud) thinking about just leaving and observing/learning... maybe I will see some definite degredation, then I'll know hehe.

does late growth like this continue? maybe its because I stressed them to shit so early that they are still coming out of it and catching up? when would there be definite degredation?

thanks guys!

--------------------
Livin, learnin, takin it easy :willynilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: just curious opinions [Re: Hime]
    #722312 - 03/20/14 02:56 PM (10 years, 11 days ago)

Any way you cut it, this round looks like its game over in terms of maximum yield.  Probably not whatyou want to hear, but the sooner you harvest these, the sooner you can get the next batch going and prevent the stress problems you had this round.

Put another way, you're asking if this welterweight could become a middleweight with enough traininf, protein, etc.  Except its a heavyweight bout; cut that guy loose and find a proper fighter.

--------------------
All submissions are for informational purposes and entertainment only.

OfflineHime
Stranger

Re: just curious opinions [Re: ThriceKing]
    #722362 - 03/20/14 06:08 PM (10 years, 11 days ago)

haha thanks bro

not in a hurry to harvest the rest so may go on with the experimentation; to see if these newly growing white pistil areas will gain any further weight-hopefully not at much expense to the seemingly complete buds(on some of them the whole top of the bud looks complete and red haired but around the bottom of the same nug has new white pistils; I may be able to wedge some scissors in there to separate but would probably have to cut through the middle of a dense nug). actually seeing some of the tops shooting a random fresh white pistil here and there too

I've heard they begin degrading at a certain point, I'm two weeks past the 10 week mark, not sure if it will be something I will even be able to perceive without a scope... maybe the tops will start looking noticeably degraded?

won't be purchasing a scope because I won't be living here any more and won't be able to grow for a long time it seems.

no biggie on what happens either way so guess I'll just get some more first hand experience :smile:

Edited by Hime (03/20/14 06:14 PM)

OfflineThriceKing
Seasoned Green Thumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: just curious opinions [Re: Hime]
    #722367 - 03/20/14 07:14 PM (10 years, 11 days ago)

You definitely have the right attitude. Gentle experimentation FTW.

--------------------
All submissions are for informational purposes and entertainment only.

OfflineHime
Stranger

Re: just curious opinions [Re: ThriceKing]
    #722797 - 03/23/14 12:29 AM (10 years, 9 days ago)

:hug:

--------------------
Livin, learnin, takin it easy :willynilly:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals