Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Opinions... [Re: SARAtonin] * 3
    #688937 - 10/12/13 03:24 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

thats a 1:4 ratio now...

Different mediums/nutes require different flushing techniques. With Canna in pure coco coir I can feed up to the last week, and if I stop feeding 2 weeks ahead the plants will stop growing. I'm at the point that I don't flush the pots with water, but just feed it plain water for a 7-10 days and the plant will turn out great.

It comes down to the CEC (cation exchange capacity) and a few other properties on how much the medium will hold onto nutrients, and exchange them with the plants/flush out. Its much higher in soil, lower to zero in hydro. Your plant needs ~week to deal with the nutrients its absorbed, provided new nutrients are not available to the plant.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by phychotron (10/12/13 03:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSARAtonin
Raving LUNAtic
Female

Loc: Vanilla Valley, CO Flag
Re: Opinions... [Re: phychotron]
    #688941 - 10/12/13 03:33 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

2 not 4, sorry if I'm confusing, I'm on a bit of acid at the moment and I guess shouldn't be using the internet if the numbers one threw four are too hard for me too discern. :rofl:

--------------------

InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Re: Opinions... [Re: SARAtonin] * 5
    #688972 - 10/12/13 06:02 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

WoW....I can't believe some of the shut i just read here!  And we're the screw ups?

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Opinions... [Re: SARAtonin] * 1
    #691042 - 10/29/13 03:32 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SARAtonin said:
2 not 4, sorry if I'm confusing, I'm on a bit of acid at the moment and I guess shouldn't be using the internet if the numbers one threw four are too hard for me too discern. :rofl:

I don't think it was acid, I think you said something wrong and then backtracked really awkwardly.

If you're growing in a medium with a low cation retention and exchange potential then even a 1-week flush would be sufficient. The plants consume the stored nutrients almost immediately from their interstitial fluids, you're basically just trying to flush the nutrient residues from the ionic retention points within the growth media.

And that my friends, is my first post in a Cult forum in way too many months.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Opinions... [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #691045 - 10/29/13 03:47 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

SARAtonin said:

I don't think it was acid, I think you said something wrong and then backtracked really awkwardly.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck