Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Loc: Babylon
C99 Nutrient Issue
    #716822 - 02/21/14 09:32 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Fuck I hate filling this out, but it helps you guys help me so here we go.lol

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed
2. How old are your plants? About 4 months
3. How tall are your plants? About 3 feet
4. What size containers are they planted in? 3 gal.
5. What is your soil mix? FFOF
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use and how much you give per watering? Water when plant is light and top 2 inches of soil is dry, use tap water that's Ph'd.
7. What is the pH of your water?5.6-5.9
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? The Fox Farm Trio. TB is 2-8-4, GB is 6-8-4 I think, and I am blank on BB.
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No.
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") HPS 600w
11. How close are your lights to the plants? About 7-8 inches from the tallest bud site.
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? Fuck, uh, its 4x4x6.5
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 77F and around 30-40% RH
14. What is the pH of the soil? 6.4
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? None besides a gnat or two and they get trapped in the Sticky traps.
16. How much experience do you have growing? First big grow here. Be my first flowering plant that looks like its suppose to.lol.

My wife is saying to either flush or water with plain Ph'd water with about 2ml of Protekt, but to me it looks exactly like a K def. I am almost sure of it, but I am usually wrong and would rather ask you guys and listen to expert advice then stick my thumb up my ass and try to solve it myself.

What would you guys do and what do you think the issue is?

Here are a few leaf pics and plant pics for ya.

Thanks for any and all help guys.
Peace N Love!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: C99 Nutrient Issue [Re: TribalSeed]
    #716834 - 02/21/14 10:15 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Woah...those look fucking awful man.

Before I get into what you need to do.  How much in the way of nutrients are you giving them per gallon when you water?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: C99 Nutrient Issue [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #716857 - 02/22/14 12:46 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

The last time I fed the new addition to the lineup was superthrive, I put way too much I believe, I think it was about 5ml of that shit. She was doing ok until that. Between two waterings I will use 15ml of Grow Big, 15mL of Big Bloom, and 20mL of Tiger Bloom. I have felt like I was feeding too much, but it seemed everything was well with her until I added the superthrive. Oh, I also put 2mL of Protekt and 2mL of Bud Candy. The Bud candy is every other feeding.

Damn I feel like somebody just said my kids look like they have down syndrome....but I do see its constructive criticism, you always give me great advice man. Its just been a long road to get to this point. I'm sure you get where I'm coming from hawk. So man, start me back on the right track.

Also the temps were wrong before, my temps in both temps have been kinda high, around 82-85, the past few days. The reason being, my damn dog has been trying to sneak in our bedroom and shit under the bed.(fucked up huh)lol. But I have figured out a way to get my temps down. I am changing the filters to my air system to the house and putting up a baby gate on the door so I can leave the room open and allow it to breathe. Sorry for the omission.

Again hawk, no disrespect man, I know you are here to help me man, just disheartening doing something you love and not being able to get it right, ya know.

I feel I am probably feeding it too much, but it seriously seemed to love it until I added the huge dose of superthrive. Guess I shouldn't have fucked with something that wasn't broke. Gotta remember the KISS method.

Thank you so much for replying so quick hawk, you're the shit man. I will hold off flushing or anything until I hear back from ya ok man.

Peace N love hawk!

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #716859 - 02/22/14 12:53 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Are they really that yellow or is it just the lighting? Looks like they're craving some serious Nitrogen.

Could be a PH issue. What is the PH straight from the tap?

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: C99 Nutrient Issue [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #716863 - 02/22/14 01:28 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Straight from tap its around 7.5-8.0. around that usually comes out at 7.9. It is partly the light, you know the HPS lighting messes with the real look of it, but there are a few leaves around the bottom that are really yellow. Tomorrow night (for me,lol) I will take a pic of it and pull it out of the tent so you can see the actual color scheme going on with her.

When I PH the water I get it at 5.8 every time. I think once or twice I gave her a 6.0-6.2 PH watering.

Thanks for jumping in on this Dr. I obviously need all the help I can get.lol.

I will get that pic tomorrow for you guys. Me and the wife got a date day/night tomorrow for the first time in over a year.lol. Never have babysitters or anything so we are gonna live it up a bit. As soon as we get home from getting the kids we will snap a couple pics for you.

Peace N Love.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #716864 - 02/22/14 01:38 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, you need to flush the shit out of them.  pH at 6.5-6.8.  5.8 pH is for hydro.  YOu are pHing too low at this point.  Cut back that nutrient regimen, way too much nutrients.  Less is more dude. Cut out super thrive, it's not needed. 

I call em like I see em man.  They can bounce back, but this is going to affect overall yield etc. 

And sorry dude.  I'm a blunt person.  You should know that by now.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#716890 - 02/22/14 11:37 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Ok, you need to flush the shit out of them.  pH at 6.5-6.8.  5.8 pH is for hydro.  YOu are pHing too low at this point.  Cut back that nutrient regimen, way too much nutrients.  Less is more dude. Cut out super thrive, it's not needed. 

I call em like I see em man.  They can bounce back, but this is going to affect overall yield etc. 

And sorry dude.  I'm a blunt person.  You should know that by now.

That's one of the reasons I like you so much man. It takes a down to earth cool person to be blunt and honest.

I will do man, guess the wife was right. lol. I figured it would affect my yield, but this was a bagseed C99 so Its more of a getting experience plant and getting the feel for the flowering phase. Hope to get a bit off of her, but I would be happy with even just an oz with her.

Thanks hawk. And seriously, you're a cool dude and I like you in a totally not homo way.lol. You're smart and blunt, which means you can explain things in a way that a novice like me can understand.

:happyweed:

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #717038 - 02/22/14 07:19 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

No worries man.  Keep us updated on how they do.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
    #717077 - 02/23/14 09:52 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Yea, man.  You were dropping your PH too far down and have locked out a bunch of nutrients as a result.  Superthrive is good, but like anything else; too much of a good thing will make you feel icky.  Same thing goes for your plants. 

It doesn't matter anyway.  Once your plants are locking out nutrients due to incorrect PH any nutrient, additive, and or supplement introduced into the growing medium are just going to sit in the soil and burn your roots.  It's not the fault of the Superthrive.  Plants love Superthrive.

Another thing that I'v seen no mention of is the ppm's (or EC) of your water coming out of the tap.  Get yourself a ppm meter and test the ppm level of your tap water to be sure you're not beginning with water that has a high ppm of say for example, 450.  The PH can be correct all year long, but when the ppm level of the water is too high to begin with once you start adding a bunch of nutrients, additives, and supplements the ppm levels of the water will easily increase and spike up to well over acceptable ppm levels for cannabis growth burning your roots and or causing deformities as result. 

Pro Tips;  When growing in soilless or soil mediums Superthrive doesn't need to be added at every watering.  Superthrive is highly concentrated so look on the label and see if you have the 1 drop per cup, or the 1 drop per gallon formula and ONLY add 1 drop per cup or gallon of water.  Follow the instructions.  It's also a good idea to leech out a soilless growing medium every month or so as a measure of good general maintenance.  Don't add your additives and supplements at the same time as your base nutrient.  That'll burn your roots too.

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

Re: C99 Nutrient Issue [Re: hamloaf]
    #717645 - 02/25/14 08:02 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Ok guys, I am so sorry for not getting back on here in a timely manner. Had some family time and couldn't really get to the computer as much.

I got her flushed on Saturday night. She was perking up by sunday night. By "perking up" I mean the leaves had lost the curl and were stretching out the way they are suppose to. The color is a little greener now than in the pics, so she is recovering. I watered her again tonight with plain water (ph'd of course), She was getting dry and light which makes sense. She uses quite a bit more water than her sisters in the veg tent.

Here are the pics I promised. These were taken on Saturday night right before her flush.

When would you guys suggest using any nutes again? When I flushed I used FF Sledgehammer and then after that flushed with more Ph'd water.
Sorry again to not get right back to you guys the way you guys did for me when I posted this. Hope the pics are justice for her, she really is beautiful even if I burned her up. Tonight I checked on her and watered her and noticed her buds are starting to turn into cola type buds. Like they are growing in together. Pretty cool. Plus they are starting to throw out some resin on the top leaves of the bud.

--------------------

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
    #717687 - 02/26/14 05:29 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Her leaf blades are pretty far apart which means she's a sativa dominate C99 phenotype.  Sativas are far more touchy with nutrients than indicas.  I'd treat your C99 phenotype as such.  I'd also say be prepared for a longer than average fruiting time for your specific phenotype.

Gotta give her roots time to repair and re-establish before the plant's roots are even able to take up nutrients again.  Personally, I wouldn't feed her again for another 2 weeks, and when I did return to feed her only hit her with about 1/8 - 1/16 the amount of nutrient solution the directions on the bottle call for.

You really need a ppm meter so you can monitor the amount of dissolved solids in your water at any given time and know exactly how many ppms of solution your plants are ok with before the they lock out nutrients and cause the soil to go toxic.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: C99 Nutrient Issue [Re: hamloaf]
    #717737 - 02/26/14 10:50 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

I personally wouldn't wait a full two weeks.  Way too long.  Half a week to 5 days is what I would do.  At this point in flowering it is going to start trying to bulk up, and in doing so will be wanting more nutes.  Depriving it of those for 2 full weeks will force the plant to start cannibalizing itself to get them.

Start with 1/3 of what you were giving though.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTribalSeed
SoulJah

#717927 - 02/26/14 09:28 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I personally wouldn't wait a full two weeks.  Way too long.  Half a week to 5 days is what I would do.  At this point in flowering it is going to start trying to bulk up, and in doing so will be wanting more nutes.  Depriving it of those for 2 full weeks will force the plant to start cannibalizing itself to get them.

Start with 1/3 of what you were giving though.

So making sure I am right. 1/3 would be instead of 30ml we would be looking at around 10ml?
I am horrible at math, so bare with me.lol.

Keep the ph a little higher than what I had been and slowly introduce nutrients back in with about a 1/3 of what I was using. Have I got that right? Just want to make sure I help her adjust during this period since its when she is trying to pack on some weight.

Thanks for the help! Cant believe I burned her up like that, but she should be coming around soon.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #718028 - 02/27/14 10:51 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds right man.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom