Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. 2.0 The 2014 Version!
    #690424 - 10/24/13 12:44 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Hey.  What is your preferred nutrient solution and why?  Been outta' the grow game since 2008 and noticed a lot of changes in the way of advancements in grow equipment and there are A LOT more nutrient brands to choose from now so I seek your opinions on which ones are the best these days based on your experience and opinions.  The last brand of nutrients I was using was called Advanced Nutrients.

Edited by hamloaf (01/25/14 09:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: hamloaf]
    #690425 - 10/24/13 12:47 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I really like Botanicaire.  Reasonably priced and works wonderfully, also hard to burn with. 

But I use a myriad of supplements as well.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #690447 - 10/24/13 03:05 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I first started with techniflora's recipe for success, but I'm now looking into making my own nutrient mixes from base salts. It costs pennies on the dollar compared to buying the commercialized bottles of the same thing. It takes a bit of study, but I've spent about four days reading this long ass thread on mixing your own salts, and I think I've got a sort-of almost grasp of it so far.... lol. Plus, there are nutrient calculators I can use to make my own formula. I plug in the NPK values I want, and the specific salts I have, and it spits out a recipe to make a simple A & B part formula. As soon as I get a new laptop (I've been stuck with only my phone for about two months) I'll be able to play around with THAT, and get a real good grasp of it.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: hamloaf] * 1
    #690526 - 10/25/13 05:42 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I use Advanced Nutrients and have great results.

Grab yourself a good ph/ppm meter for your grow and you'll kick ass with most nutrient lines out there.  :thaaannks:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #690528 - 10/25/13 06:52 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Went to the local hydro store yesterday to do exactly that (pick up a PH tester).  For 20$ I got this small PH kit of PH up and down, PH test drops, a test vial and a dropper by General Hydroponics. 

Going to the hydro store yesterday and seeing all the brands of nutrients on the shelf was overwhelming a little bit and is what inspired this question.

I'm partial to organic nutrients so I like what Hawksapprecntice suggested.  Two brands of nutrient solutions that are being considered are Telafloura and Roots brand nutrients.

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: hamloaf]
    #690530 - 10/25/13 07:50 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

i like botanicare. ive only used it on one grow but i dont see myself switching to anything else soon.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #690534 - 10/25/13 08:48 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I've switched to Canna when I went 100% coco, best move yet. I was with Advanced but they're were always problems with the plants, especially around the P-K boost-- flushing was always a bitch. I have a non-recirculating tank and the nutrients would form solids and have a bunch of crap after a few days of sitting. I emailed them for support but they wouldn't really address an issue over email, just phone (which I didn't have at the time, but they still refused to help via email.) I think thats because they don't want to put anything in writing that may be negative about their product. 12 PH.D's to develop the formula, but what they don't tell you is that 11 of those are in marketing--full line is 17 bottles give or take a few depending on what they have to pull off the shelf from time to time.

Its hard to find at most stores but Canna is the simplest nutrient line I've seen, A+B and zym, PK one week, Boost(flavor, speed) in flower but optional, rhizo when your rooting, also optional but recommended. Thats it. I'll mix it up pretty much full strength the whole time during flower, with a few random days of plain water, but its only at around 800ppm's and the plants love it. Flushing got much easier also. The leaf tips might show signs of a little bit of burn after a few weeks but never a real problem after a day or so of plain water.

Silica is single-handedly the best additive I've tried, I recommend everyone add it to their regime. Strengthens the plant cells and protects against insects and environment. It will help keep your buds from sagging over when they get top heavy. 

Pretty much everyone here has started with the pH adjust kit from GH. They work but eventually become a pain in the ass. I've only had to use the pH+ when I overshot the pH-, but rarely, and I would usually just add more water instead. Advanced makes a good/strong pH-, especially compared to GH's liquid and powder.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: phychotron]
    #690558 - 10/25/13 01:25 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Don't use roots, it throws your pH all over the place.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #690565 - 10/25/13 02:05 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

and their soil will give you a shit ton of fungus gnats...

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: phychotron]
    #690566 - 10/25/13 02:55 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

It's a shitty company altogether.  They're based in my state, and I've seen/heard a lot of shady things with them.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #690581 - 10/25/13 04:34 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Agreed, I told a guy at a hydro store I wanted to foliar feed nitrogen to help boost the plants in early veg, he handed me the pure N 16-0-0 but it didn't say anything about foliar, guy at the store said it should work, its nitrogen. So I emailed them and they said its not recommended because its too hot.

Which reminds me...

A much better foliar spray that I use now is the Humboldt Nutrients Verde @ 16-1-2, which is a more rounded product that has Magnesium Iron and Zinc, which are commonly deficient. Some things may not deficient in soil but hard for the plant to transport upward, I think Mg is one of those, maybe even the other two.

I only foliar spray when they're just starting to get into the coco from the cloner and they don't have any nutrients in the medium, and occasionally in veg to green up the leaves a bit. Maybe once or twice I might add it to the nutrient tank in veg.

So my master formula right now is
Canna's 2-part Coco plus additives planted in pure coco, Gro-Tek's Pro-silicate, Humboldt Nutrients' Verde, Advanced Nutrients pH down. Drip fed via Blumats, two per 5 gallon pot. Superthive in the aerocloner for IBA. I'm pretty satisfied with this combination, its pretty rock solid, and not over complicated. I can't think of anything else the plants might need, except more light.

--------------------

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#690689 - 10/25/13 07:34 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Botanicaire is good.. its what i used on my 1st grow... if u look my my grow log u will see what i got with it..

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: Mrshroom]
    #690695 - 10/25/13 11:48 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

two per 5 gallon pot. Superthive in the aerocloner for IBA. I'm pretty satisfied with this combination, its pretty rock solid, and not over complicated. I can't think of anything else the plants might need, except more light.

How about more space for those poor girls!! Lol :wink:

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: Tank333]
    #690697 - 10/26/13 06:39 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

They are kinda packed in there, but I try and keep them from being too smashed up together.

I was thinking of doing 3 or 4 blumats to even out the watering.

--------------------

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

#690996 - 10/28/13 09:34 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Right now I'm rockin' the Fertilome brand Fish Emulsion (5-1-1) for veg.  It's doing the trick.  Like what I'm hearing about this Botanicare brand nutes.  That's crazy about Roots.  Got a buddy who's rockin the Roots.  He got the little "Players Package" and he's in love with em'. That brand Canna you're talking about sounds familiar.  They are outta Humboldt county, aren't they?  Back in 08' as I quit growing there was this new brand of nutrient coming out of Homboldt that I remember thinking I wanted to try and at the time remember thinking was in the same league as Advanced Nutrients but can't remember the name of it.  Remember wanting to switch to it though because they we're made in my native land of America.

Good lookin' grow, btw, I'll tell you hhhwhat.  :hank:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #690998 - 10/28/13 09:40 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I'm a fan of all the General Hydroponics line ups.  If I had to choose a single favorite it'd be FloraNova line.

--------------------
:getstoned:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Preferred Nutrient Solution of The Growery Community 2013. [Re: Stoneth] * 1
    #691008 - 10/29/13 02:41 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Way to be so 6 years ago stoney :wink:

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #691018 - 10/29/13 10:20 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Right now I'm rockin' the Fertilome brand Fish Emulsion (5-1-1) for veg.  It's doing the trick.  Like what I'm hearing about this Botanicare brand nutes.  That's crazy about Roots.  Got a buddy who's rockin the Roots.  He got the little "Players Package" and he's in love with em'. That brand Canna you're talking about sounds familiar.  They are outta Humboldt county, aren't they?  Back in 08' as I quit growing there was this new brand of nutrient coming out of Homboldt that I remember thinking I wanted to try and at the time remember thinking was in the same league as Advanced Nutrients but can't remember the name of it.  Remember wanting to switch to it though because they we're made in my native land of America.

Good lookin' grow, btw, I'll tell you hhhwhat.  :hank:

Canna is a Dutch company thats been around since the early 90's. They came along and basically revolutionized the use of coco coir in hydroponics. They came out with their last product, Boost, in 2008; it might have been talked about for awhile.

I think they're are 2 Humboldt brands out there now. Humboldt nutrients, which seems pretty good so far and another that I've heard from a few people that it sucked.

Any nutrient line should work if you use it long enough and figure out its magic formula.

--------------------

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

#691183 - 10/30/13 05:04 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Just got the Botanicare "Pure Blend Prow Grow" (3-2-4) about 2 hours ago.  Is there any kind of special precautions that should be taken when switching from one nutrient source to another or may I just feed them this new stuff right away?

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

#692200 - 11/06/13 03:56 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Just wanted to drop by and say thank you for all of your suggestions.  Decided to go with Botanicare and I am a Botanicare convert now. 

Been using this nute for a week now.  No precautions were taken when switching from on nutrient source to the next either.  In the first feeding I hit them with half the strength suggested by the feeding chart on the bottle and noticed immediate greening so I feed them full strength the next day.  Growth has accelerated.  The plants went from growing about a half inch a day to growing 3/4 to 1 inch per day, and the purple-ing in the plants stems and main veins caused by my previous nutrient's unbalanced diet (low phosphorus to nitrogen ratio) has cleared up and the new growth is all green.  This Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow smells better than any other vegetative nutrient that I'v ever smelled too, and it's easy to use.

Edited by hamloaf (11/06/13 04:02 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder