Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinennn-yan
Shaman Norse Warrior

2nd Grow, no sprouts whats wrong,?????
    #686469 - 09/27/13 11:08 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

ok so back on 9/12/13 I soaked 9 premium vendor seeds in water for about 36hrs or until the taproot came out.
On 9/14/13 they were planted about 2 cm down in soil (60%verm/40% potting soil seed starter)the lightly covered.
they have been misted almost every day and been watered about ever 3 days or as needed. its an indoor grow with 24hr HPS lighting 600w about 4 feet away from the light, there is plenty of air circulation and the room is around 84F.

Its almost been 2 weeks since planted, should I be more patient? does this seem strange to take this long for seeds from cali connection and Mr. Nice?
should I be doing anything else or what am I doing wrong??
:shrug:

totally stumped...
thanks for reading

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: 2nd Grow, no sprouts whats wrong,????? [Re: nnn-yan]
    #686485 - 09/27/13 11:43 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

dont soak your seeds in water. get a paper towel, get it wet, fold your seeds in it, put it in a zip lock bag and check it every day. if viable theyll crack in hours to a few days.

stop misting and watering so often. if you can see its wet by looking at it, dont touch it! stick your finger in the soil and little and feel.

84 is pretty hot. especially for seedlings. if that 600w air cooled?

i germinated 2 seeds recently. wet a paper towel, put in a zip lock bag and put on top of my T5 setup. they cracked within 18 hours. planted in soil after the shell was completely off the seedling. watered the pots, and didnt have to touch it for about 5-7 days because the seedling isnt drinking much. its also sitting in a room at about 72-75 degrees, 2.5 feet under T5s. just relax on the watering and try to bring the temp down.

Edited by CrushNazT (09/27/13 11:47 AM)

Offlinennn-yan
Shaman Norse Warrior

Re: 2nd Grow, no sprouts whats wrong,????? [Re: CrushNazT]
    #686489 - 09/27/13 11:59 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

my HPS light runs hot, I don't know how to cool my room down,
suggestions?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #686491 - 09/27/13 12:16 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

exhaust fan, air cooled hood, and/or a/c
These are a few options.

--------------------
:getstoned:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #686510 - 09/27/13 04:54 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

You're downing the seeds dude.  You should't be watering them at this point.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #686540 - 09/27/13 08:57 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

2cm down is pretty far, when u put a seed in the soil it should only be covered in 1 seed's height of soil. my buddy just did his first seed run, put a bunch of seeds that popped in a paper towel and only took the best. I tried to warn him that some of the holes he was making was too deep, but he insisted they'd be fine... well quite a few of his never reached the surface.

You don't need a lot of light for seedlings, when they're just coming up they can be under a 26w CFL and be fine for the first week or so. Your temperature should be to where you don't need to water them for about a week+ at first--no drying of the medium because the plant won't take that much, but the hot/dry air might dry them out. Seedlings don't like heat waves.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinennn-yan
Shaman Norse Warrior

Re: 2nd Grow, no sprouts whats wrong,????? [Re: phychotron]
    #686921 - 09/30/13 11:17 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks guys. Sadly still no sprouts.
Might try the remaining seeds I have. With the tips you guys gave. Thanks.

So I did move the plants to a 6500k desk lamp. 78F. With a small fan blowing at them for air circulation. Is the fan a good or bad idea. ? Don't want mold. But need air circulation.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #686943 - 09/30/13 03:38 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

You don't need the fan right now, that will help dry out the soil and make you need to water it more often. It might not be a problem with most soil, but the stuff I use tends to dry out too quick when I have a fan on it. Wait until they're an inch or two.

So with the new seeds either use a wet paper towel in a ziplock until they start to pop or go directly into the soil, pointy side down, but no more than 1cm deep. Remember that you only need to have the seed covered with a seeds depth worth of soil. Keep them away from the extremes for a few days.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinennn-yan
Shaman Norse Warrior

Re: 2nd Grow, no sprouts whats wrong,????? [Re: phychotron]
    #687012 - 10/01/13 01:49 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Ok ill try my best! Thanks!:thumbup::bigweed:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#687015 - 10/01/13 02:11 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Did you break up that soil to see what those seeds did ? you might be able to replant if there not dead yet.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: 2nd Grow, no sprouts whats wrong,????? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #687053 - 10/01/13 11:48 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Wait it's bad to pre soak seeds for 24 hours or so before putting them in a paper towel?

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd Grow, no sprouts whats wrong,????? [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #687084 - 10/01/13 01:44 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

not really needed unless you have tough seeds. A lot of these little tips and tricks are not always needed, but because they're in a book people think they have to follow it if they want the absolute best--Solutions to problems you may not be experiencing. Good seeds should sprout in a paper towel no problem.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds