Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAce_Nine_Suited
Stranger
Starting grow height question/problem...
    #488744 - 10/17/10 09:49 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ok hopefully this is an easy one to figure out.

I have grown in the past, no problems whatsoever.  Good strains, from seeds bought over the internet.

Recently decided to grow again, ordered some more nice fem seeds off the net, tried my old, simple methods.

Using a empty bathroom.  Suspending some cfl's from the start over top of some 1 gallon planters with the seeds sprouted in them (after being germ'd in a paper towel).

HERE is the new problem though.

The height, they just will not grow it seems up. I am 3 weeks in, I have a few plants that are literally 3-4 sets of leaves into development, but only 3-4 inches.  Like they are growing, but dwarfs.  No height, and it seems like at this rate, it will horribly effect the yield, and might take 6 months to grow a plant.

What could be the cause of plants refusing to stretch?

I am using 100 watt CFL's right now.  MGMC soil for planting (i know it isnt ideal to start, but it works, and ive used it in the past).  Minimal to no water to avoid oversaturation.  There is no head in the bathroom since I am using CFLs.  The fan is on in there, and i even used a little regular fan for like a bedroom on a pole to circulate the air. 

What the heck could be keeping these things from growing properly?  Same exact way I have grown in the past, but this time, I run into this mess of a problem.

Pls Help experts!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Starting grow height question/problem... [Re: Ace_Nine_Suited]
    #488758 - 10/17/10 10:44 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Is it an autoflowering strain?  Usually the problem with cfls is the stretch. 

I vegged under a couple of these:

this is my first grow at day 27. 

that's under a 400w MH too. 

Here they are on day 49 of flower (day 106 overall)

I am not sure what the slow growth, to start out with, was due to.  I was able to have a nice harvest anyway.  So there's hope!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #488780 - 10/17/10 11:29 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It almost sounds like an issue of genetics. some strains take their time in veg.
What strain or strains are you working with?

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#488793 - 10/17/10 12:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ace_Nine_Suited said:
Ok hopefully this is an easy one to figure out.

I have grown in the past, no problems whatsoever.  Good strains, from seeds bought over the internet.

Recently decided to grow again, ordered some more nice fem seeds off the net, tried my old, simple methods.

Using a empty bathroom.  Suspending some cfl's from the start over top of some 1 gallon planters with the seeds sprouted in them (after being germ'd in a paper towel).

HERE is the new problem though.

The height, they just will not grow it seems up. I am 3 weeks in, I have a few plants that are literally 3-4 sets of leaves into development, but only 3-4 inches.  Like they are growing, but dwarfs.  No height, and it seems like at this rate, it will horribly effect the yield, and might take 6 months to grow a plant.

What could be the cause of plants refusing to stretch?

I am using 100 watt CFL's right now.  MGMC soil for planting (i know it isnt ideal to start, but it works, and ive used it in the past).  Minimal to no water to avoid oversaturation.  There is no head in the bathroom since I am using CFLs.  The fan is on in there, and i even used a little regular fan for like a bedroom on a pole to circulate the air. 

What the heck could be keeping these things from growing properly?  Same exact way I have grown in the past, but this time, I run into this mess of a problem.

Pls Help experts!!!!

I agree that this sounds like a genetics issue.  Sounds like similar problems I have heard about Nirvana's autoflowering seeds.

Can you name the varieties of seeds and the breeders?  Also, what are your air and soil temperatures?

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineAce_Nine_Suited
Stranger
Re: Starting grow height question/problem... [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #488798 - 10/17/10 12:11 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Green House Seeks Co.

Lemon Skunk

The Church

Not sure on soil temp.  But the room temp is literally mid 70s all day/night.

The seeds are feminized.  I did buy them for somewhere in the $50 range per 10 seeds.  So maybe this place, these seeds are less than uber quality?  Maybe got a little bit of punishment for not springing for higher quality, $80-120 per 10 seeds?

Let me know what you guys think.  Appreciate all the input thus far!

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#488812 - 10/17/10 12:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Green House Seeks Co.

Lemon Skunk

The Church

Not sure on soil temp.  But the room temp is literally mid 70s all day/night.

The seeds are feminized.  I did buy them for somewhere in the $50 range per 10 seeds.  So maybe this place, these seeds are less than uber quality?  Maybe got a little bit of punishment for not springing for higher quality, $80-120 per 10 seeds?

Let me know what you guys think.  Appreciate all the input thus far!

I'm currently growing White Widow and Kings Kush also from Green House Seeds, and I had a problem with them growing too quickly. I also just germinated some Pineapple Chunk from Barneys Farm which cracked it's shell about 2 days ago, and its already about 3-4 inches. I'm guessing like everyone else said that you got a bad genetic batch. That's quite strange though. And those ones Furrow posted are just crazy to be that tall at day 27!

Furrow how much did those harvest? If you can remember.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineAce_Nine_Suited
Stranger
Re: Starting grow height question/problem... [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #488813 - 10/17/10 12:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I am dealing with the exact situation in those pics.  The plants literally look like dwarfs.  Growing multiple layers of leaves, but only on a few inches at most of height. 

Like I said the conditions I am currently growing under are no different than prior grows I have had with great success.  So the seeds being the only variable, has to be the seeds right.  Genetics like you guys are saying, shame.  Guess I need to order a new set of seeds if I wanna be safe and not waste more grow time on these duds.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #488858 - 10/17/10 01:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Easy now just because the genetics are growing slowly doesn't mean that they're no good.
First example that comes to mind is purple erkle which from my understanding takes what seems like forever to veg, but is loved by most that smoke it.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Starting grow height question/problem... [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #488927 - 10/17/10 05:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

9 ounces i think it was.  here's a link to the grow log. 

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/140569/fpart/1

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds