Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
For y'all who've never grown, reading this might help( it will)
    #686626 - 09/28/13 08:43 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Cannabis is a very ressilliant plant. It grows crazy in the wild hence the name weed. I read these forums almost daily. I run across many, many, many posts from non grower with 0 experience or now ledge with a post along these lines :" Hi I am new to growing and have never grown before. I got a seed in a bag from my dealer, after a week or two contemplating I decided to plant it. I took a cup/pot/bowl/insert ur own here. I used some (key word) "DIRT" and planted in that. I gave it Mirikle Gruow(copyright issues) and I keep it in my window sill. My question is can I finish my plant there, or do I need a light, I read about CFLs and I was thinkin I could use a CFL I have it's 100watt well that's what it says. If I hang it will that give me a harvest? I am hoping for a pound."
Now this is crazy, and I know from experience that anyone you would want info from will put u in the gardening inept category. When I was new to here, I was curious about what anyone had done with CFLs I knew that the bud size and density would be small. I had never grown inside and didn't mention any of my outdoor work. So immediately I was coined by the community as a noob, he don't know shit etc, so refrain from those dumb posts. 2nd to grow okay and be consistent most learn by a sort of Apprentice. For instance before I ever planted a crop of my own I spent 5 seasons staying at my buddies from April to Mid/end October. Tilling amending, planting, feeding tending, before harvest gaurding, harvesting, trimming , making concentrates all for him, I did get fairly compensated, but more importantly I saved what I learned in my brain, I did this for 4 seasons, had to move the. One more season at my HS buddies dads grow. Both of them and most everyother gardener I knew had one specific book Jorge Cervantes MARIJUANA HORTICULTURE "The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Growers Bible" It's almost 500 pages of pertinent info. I got one and read it front to back many times. Then I finally grew my own crop. I used my book and called my buddy up north and my other buds Pops. Through the season with these constant outlets I had a successful crop, small, but successfull. Every year I'd try something a little different, until I got what I felt was prime for my garden and my means. So if you are new, and want to grow, you should spend time with growers watch and absorb everything they do, ask them questions. Get that book. However if you think you can get that book and be successfull keep dreaming, also unless your going indoor micro(which is far from beginner) you will need planty of space, and if you need to hide it, just grow when your on your own because you'll be posting rediculous stuff here irritating members who do this right and won't get what you think you need.THE INTERNET CAN TEAVH U MUCH, BUT NOT HOW TO GROW MEDS!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesigneg

Re: For y'all who've never grown, reading this might help( it will) [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #686637 - 09/28/13 10:01 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

The internet and overgrow.com website helped me learn to grow, with practice of course... all the techniques and information on different ways of growing. The internet helps, but so does common sense :shrug:

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: For y'all who've never grown, reading this might help( it will) [Re: Sam.Cee916]
    #686672 - 09/29/13 12:51 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: For y'all who've never grown, reading this might help( it will) [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #686676 - 09/29/13 01:18 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: For y'all who've never grown, reading this might help( it will) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #686725 - 09/29/13 10:05 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Yea, I'm gonna have to call some bullshit on that last assertion. I place the credit solely with this site and THCFarmer.com for my skill and knowledge as a grower. I spent a year reading everything I could, asking questions, learning everything I could before I got any plants underneath me. I apprenticed with a friend (sort of. He was growing, I wasn't. He showeed me how he does everything, and I helped him get a little better) for a summer, read for another year, THEN finally grew some of my own plants. To this day, I have never seen higher quality meds than what came out of my first harvest ever. Maybe eim a bit biased in that, but these were TOP quality. And I learned all of it (well, 90%. Jorge's book was pretty helpful as an instant knowledge resource) on the internet.

--------------------
My best run so far

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: For y'all who've never grown, reading this might help( it will) [Re: Tank333]
    #686727 - 09/29/13 10:14 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Finally read it.  Sam, that's bullshit.  I learned to grow by reading Jorge, and reading off of overgrow.  I didn't know anyone else who grew when I started.  If you are a smart person, who has the ability to teach themselves, you can definitely grow great bud from the get go.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: For y'all who've never grown, reading this might help( it will) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #686750 - 09/29/13 12:17 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
I place the credit solely with this site

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
If you are a smart person, who has the ability to teach themselves, you can definitely grow great bud from the get go.

QFT
This site really is all anyone would need to find the information needed, but Jorge's advice is pretty great also. :yesnod:
Search, read, ask, grow, repeat.

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

OfflineSam.Cee916
Amateur Tiger Expert
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: For y'all who've never grown, reading this might help( it will) [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #686888 - 09/30/13 12:35 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I call BS if you say u learned to grow from a book. That's crazy.  I guess enjoy them scraggly doobs! I know though, my join date is newer so I'm inept, can't grow. What's that u lit??? Labrador?

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #686889 - 09/30/13 12:37 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Scraggly :loldongs:

Bitch please, put up or shut up.

--------------------

-niteowl

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #686891 - 09/30/13 12:39 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

And that was a few weeks before harvest as well.  Ill get the new grow going, and keep ya updated.  Then you can talk shit.

--------------------

-niteowl

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #686892 - 09/30/13 12:40 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Some fresh harvest as well.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#686898 - 09/30/13 03:30 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ust grow when your on your own because you'll be posting rediculous stuff here irritating members who do this right and won't get what you think you need.

This is assuming everyone is like you...
let me be the first to say this will never true.

Quote:

THE INTERNET CAN TEAVH U MUCH, BUT NOT HOW TO GROW MEDS!

:loldongs:
Apparently the internet can't teach you spelling, grammar and how to string words together.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals