Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDirty
Stranger

The Best Home Grown
    #302925 - 10/24/09 09:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, so I'm new to this and I wanna grow my own plant. Only problem is I can't do it inside. I have plenty of land though. Any tips on how to get the best buds?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: The Best Home Grown [Re: Dirty]
    #302929 - 10/24/09 09:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

where do you live ?

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The Best Home Grown [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #302939 - 10/24/09 09:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah what he said.
Its well past the outdoor growing season in the U.S.
So if you live here, you gotta wait until next spring.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleTcrib
Stranger

Re: The Best Home Grown [Re: 81renaissance]
    #302941 - 10/24/09 09:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Get to work reading...Buy some books and DVDs n start learning everything you can so that when spring comes you can get on it.

OfflineDirty
Stranger

#303017 - 10/24/09 12:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I know it's past season, that's why I want the info so I can prep. I'm in the southeastern united states.

InvisibleTcrib
Stranger

#303031 - 10/24/09 12:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Feed some querstions and I'll feed answers.

OfflineDirty
Stranger

Re: The Best Home Grown [Re: Tcrib]
    #305742 - 10/28/09 07:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Should I just plant the seeds in the ground, or transplant them from those little pots? And how would you take care of them if I start them in the little pots?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #305884 - 10/28/09 11:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I would start them in pots outside and when they get a minimum of their second set of true leaves then transplant to the ground.
Also, I recommend digging a hole for outdoor grows and filling it with good homemade soil/compost. 
The quality of your bud will be directly related to the quality of your soil.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineJim
Stranger
 User Gallery

#313519 - 11/10/09 06:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dirty said:
Ok, so I'm new to this and I wanna grow my own plant. Only problem is I can't do it inside. I have plenty of land though. Any tips on how to get the best buds?

Hi, I'm new too and live in similar climate to you, but on other side of the planet. It took me 3 seasons of trying to get my first decent plant - Currently, I have a nice little Northern Lights Indica which is half way through flowering (4 months old). I'll try to give you advice so you get it correct the first time...

Stage 1 (last week of Autumn/Fall) - use 20-50 seeds planted in a 1 foot * 1 foot tray by 3 inches deep seedlings tray. Spread them out when planting 5mm deep in good, fine soil loosely packed, and watered lightly twice a day.
Stage 2 (1 or 2 weeks old) - careful of the roots, seperate all healthy plants (90% if you look after them) into individual small pots. Large Disposable drinking cups with holes work well!...Now put all plants in seperate locations around the property at least 10 yards apart and exposed to the spring sun. Identify the sex of plants for 3-4 weeks (killing the males). Keep watering the remaining plants.
Stage 3 (6 weeks old) - This is most important stage. You should have a few good sinsinalas to choose 1 great one from, maybe you want a few. You have to decide if you want a pot or the ground. Soil is most important so if your land's soil is healthy and black it might give the plant more freedom. I prefer pots because they are easier to move if needed but it has to be LARGE. 10 gallons??? or BIGGER!!! I use excellent organic soil with fertilizers, nutrients, and "potash" is good stuff to sprinkle over the top soild/ground.
Stage 4 (2 months to 5 months old) - Be patient and let the plant go wild. water once a week with diluted seafood solution, it should get nitrogen from sub-tropical rain depending where you are. If needed top up fertilisers (chicken manure is another good one).

Thats about where I'm at now. By the looks of it, I expect to yield 200g. I can't believe how small my plant is, like 90% indica! It's the best plant I've ever had! So healthy and strong!
I think the best advice I can give is about the soil... When doing the final transplant you can avoid shocking the plant by using as much of previous pots' soil as possible into the new hole with some extra organic soil on the outside of it, and on the outside of it is the healthy land ideally. Should be deeper the previous pot also.

Good luck.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate