Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Got about 7g's to use [Re: P-O]
    #683576 - 08/27/13 11:20 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

How do you know when it's done purging?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Got about 7g's to use [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #683580 - 08/27/13 11:30 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

when u heat it it will bubble (butane escaping.)  So u know its pure when u can heat it and it does nothing but melt.... most people dont purge it completely. takes too long.

I purge it till its hard as taffy :cool: .  My bho is SOOOOOO smooth.  yet 1-2 hoots and ur couch locked without a doubt

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: Got about 7g's to use [Re: P-O] * 1
    #683593 - 08/28/13 06:06 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I just dont want to have an end product with freakin BHO in it,

Yeah I fucking hate BHO in my BHO.
:smirk:

Quote:

Quote:

I usually let mine soak for 20-60mins (shaking every 5 mins).  (some people let it soak for days tho

Okay.. I hear the longer it sits the lower the quality you have, but hearing this from you makes me think otherwise... SO I am going to let mine sit for like 30-45 minutes before I strain it.

It depends on what kind of oil you want.
If you want the "black oil" then by all means let it sit for a half hour, but if you want at least a deep amber oil, even a golden oil, do multiple (No more than 3) quick (20-45 seconds), ice-cold washes. Keep your washes separate, or at least keep your 3rd wash out of your first 2.

Quote:

ya its hard to do double boil with dish pan.... so u can sit it in the sun to quicken it.  or put it on top of a toaster over while its on .  or u can wet a towel and use one of those pancake cooker things and use that.  basically  any way u can heat it (slowly) without fire is gonna speed it up.... i perfer using a toaster oven.... turn it on for a hour... then let it cool ... repeat till its a wax

:nonono:
Sunlight can degrade cannabinoids. (Not the biggest issue though.)
Heating iso. alcohol over a source of very dry heat (A toaster oven), let alone the risk of a spark, will eventually turn out very bad.
I have no input on the wet towel on a pancake pan, other than I wouldn't do it.

IMO you should either fan evaporate directly out of an open window or exhaust fan, then finish off in a double-boiler setup while staying well-ventilated. (Very easy to do, just find a short, wide pot to boil water in, and get an 8"x8" pyrex pan to hold the iso. and oil.)
Or just double-boil it off from the get go, staying EXTREMELY well-ventilated because the iso. will evaporate very quickly and fill the room if you aren't prepared.

--------------------
Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (08/28/13 06:08 AM)

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Got about 7g's to use [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #683608 - 08/28/13 10:21 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

This is just starting to sound too complicated.

I literally don't have the time to be purging all at once if it is really time consuming but this sounds like the best way, im about to break down from the stress of time constraints already.  I WANT TO TRY IT THOUGH

Aren't plastic bottles extremely bad, like stripping it of BPA and everything?  I dont have a fancy diamond drill bit to drill a glass bottle either :frown:

Is it really going to take HOURS to get all the butane out?  I would definitely have to come back to it like the next day or some shit if thats the case.

If i am using a pyrex dish I dont have a warm bath to set the pan in to heat it up for evaporation.  Cant I directly heat it on top of the stove??????  Then keep directly heating it on the stove to purge it????????  How do I know when I am now purging and not evaporating anymore??

Now BHO seems the way to go but this is just flying over my head.

Resincoatedlungs - Now what you're saying is contradicting what Positive Outlook is saying.  Any reason why you dont agree with these methods?

Edited by PoloDown (08/28/13 11:00 AM)

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

Re: Got about 7g's to use [Re: PoloDown]
    #683612 - 08/28/13 10:42 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Just smoke the bud then! You gotta shit or get off the pot dude.

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Got about 7g's to use [Re: Mycophile]
    #683616 - 08/28/13 10:46 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mycophile said:
Just smoke the bud then! You gotta shit or get off the pot dude.

Read my original posts, dude.

I dont want to smoke it, I have my other shit for that.

Plus - PO knows I have already at least broken it all down with my hands since I broke the grinder i was using.... BTW PO I went bought a different one haha its way better.

Edited by PoloDown (08/28/13 11:01 AM)

InvisibleMycophile
 User Gallery

#683632 - 08/28/13 11:30 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PoloDown said:
Cant I directly heat it on top of the stove?????? 

Definitely don't do that, especially if you have a gas stove, open flame = disaster. I just heat a pot of water up then take it outside and put the dish on there, then keep some more water boiling inside to replace it with when it cools down.

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Got about 7g's to use [Re: Mycophile]
    #683634 - 08/28/13 11:45 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mycophile said:
Quote:

PoloDown said:
Cant I directly heat it on top of the stove?????? 

Definitely don't do that, especially if you have a gas stove, open flame = disaster. I just heat a pot of water up then take it outside and put the dish on there, then keep some more water boiling inside to replace it with when it cools down.

I dont have a gas stove, its just the regular one.

Like this

How effective is the pot of water under the dish?  My dish would be sitting on top of the pot, not down in it at all.  Its also in the 90's outside every day, does that help?  I originally planned on doing ALL of this inside, except for blasting BHO.

InvisibleP-O

#683637 - 08/28/13 12:10 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PoloDown said:
This is just starting to sound too complicated.

I literally don't have the time to be purging all at once if it is really time consuming but this sounds like the best way, im about to break down from the stress of time constraints already.  I WANT TO TRY IT THOUGH

Aren't plastic bottles extremely bad, like stripping it of BPA and everything?  I dont have a fancy diamond drill bit to drill a glass bottle either :frown:

Is it really going to take HOURS to get all the butane out?  I would definitely have to come back to it like the next day or some shit if thats the case.

If i am using a pyrex dish I dont have a warm bath to set the pan in to heat it up for evaporation.  Cant I directly heat it on top of the stove??????  Then keep directly heating it on the stove to purge it????????  How do I know when I am now purging and not evaporating anymore??

Now BHO seems the way to go but this is just flying over my head.

Resincoatedlungs - Now what you're saying is contradicting what Positive Outlook is saying.  Any reason why you dont agree with these methods?

butane evaps VERY quick... it evaps with a lil warm water bath (in like 30-60 mins)

u just sit the dish in warm water (bath tub )

Quote:

Heating iso. alcohol over a source of very dry heat (A toaster oven), let alone the risk of a spark, will eventually turn out very bad.
I have no input on the wet towel on a pancake pan, other than I wouldn't do it.

and heating ur glass dish ON THE TOP of the toaster-oven on med is safe (not a toaster).  no sparks.  its not directly being heated.... its heated on the top of the toaster oven. 

and u dont want to evap directly on a glass stove.  thats alot of heat.... it could combust.  thats why i use top of toaster oven (it gets warm... not red hot)

Edited by P-O (08/28/13 12:24 PM)

InvisibleP-O

#683638 - 08/28/13 12:15 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

It depends on what kind of oil you want.
If you want the "black oil" then by all means let it sit for a half hour, but if you want at least a deep amber oil, even a golden oil, do multiple (No more than 3) quick (20-45 seconds), ice-cold washes. Keep your washes separate, or at least keep your 3rd wash out of your first 2.

doing a quick 20 second wash is gonna get less plant material yes.... but if ur doing a small extraction then this is just gonna get u like 1/4 of the thc.... id rather it be darker and get 4x as much in the end especially if im only doing a small batch..... thats just me tho

if i want a golden oil.... ill do bho

Edited by P-O (08/28/13 12:23 PM)

InvisibleP-O

#683640 - 08/28/13 12:28 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Polo:

Everyone does BHO/ISO/HASH different ways..... it all comes out smokeable in the end.

As long as ur safe and do it in a ventilated area you will be fine.

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#683641 - 08/28/13 12:28 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I think I am just going to do BHO, guys.

How much does a torch and can of bho cost and how many cans for 30-32 grams?  My closest smoke shop is a bunch of terds waiting to rip you off.

Should I be going to home depot and buying a metal pipe and caps for it?  Or is it easier to just buy a drill bit there to drill through a glass bottle and use that?

I was going to go buy a real big VOSS water bottle, they are always glass.

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#683642 - 08/28/13 12:28 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PositiveOutlook said:
Polo:

Everyone does BHO/ISO/HASH different ways..... it all comes out smokeable in the end.

As long as ur safe and do it in a ventilated area you will be fine.

Also good to know..  I appreciate the insight and info!

InvisibleP-O

#683643 - 08/28/13 12:30 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

buy diamond drill bit.  they are like $8.... dont use PVC or stainless steel for a tube. use glass or food grade plastic (glass FTW)

make sure to put tape where ur drilling the hole (come out cleaner)

InvisibleP-O

#683644 - 08/28/13 12:32 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

buy 2 cans.  do them both back to back... let it all drip out....

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#683646 - 08/28/13 12:36 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

okay cool..  Ill have to wait until Friday to do all this, probly wont start until about 3-4pm.  Do you think I could be done by 8 or 830?

and is it bad if all my stuff doesnt fully fill the VOSS glass bottle? it may be a little big

InvisibleP-O

#683647 - 08/28/13 12:38 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

u can get most the butane out.... but there is no way it will be fully purged in a few hrs....

u can smoke it but its gonna be harsh

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#683649 - 08/28/13 12:41 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

i was hoping to have it pretty much done by then and then on saturday try and finish it up for an hour or two.

also hoping the voss bottle isnt too big

InvisibleP-O

#683910 - 08/31/13 09:58 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Post a pic of ur cap brah

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

#683914 - 08/31/13 12:20 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Here ya go.. Thanks to PO for helpin me all day yesteday haha.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale