Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

Botanicare Nutes Confusion
    #679898 - 07/31/13 09:31 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I am confused on how to use nutes in my DWC system.
I purchased botanicare nutes, the 3-2-4 vegitative formula, and the blooming formula.
The lady at the hydro store told me if i'm doing DWC, to use half the nutes to what it says on the back of the bottle.

I'm also confused about the back of the bottle.
It gives me here a chart-

Does this mean I'm supposed to veg my flower for 3 weeks, and then flower for 8? What? This is sort of contradictory to what I read on the forums.

According to this chart, first week, i use 15ml per gallon, second week is use 18ml per gallon, third week i use 20ml per gallon, but since i'm doing DWC, i cut that in hald and use 7.5ml, 9ml, and 10ml respectively per gallon?

Also, how often do i have to water? Should I just keep the water level up at all times? or once a week, or what?

The woman told me she cleans out the buckets once a week and restarts anyways.

Also, can I do this with tap water? I have no reverse osmosis.
Is the veg state really only three weeks? can't I keep it in veg for like 2-3 months so I get a really freakin big plant, then flower, (Which is what im trying to do here)

Finally, the light cycle. Over here for the veg is says i need 18 on, and for the flower, i need 12. It was to my understanding that i needed 14 and 12m respectively.

What have i missed here?

Any help would be appreciated,

EDIT:
I still have no idea what nute schedule i should use. any help please?

Edited by TheUnknownPoet (08/03/13 03:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Botanicare Nutes Confusion [Re: TheUnknownPoet]
    #679899 - 07/31/13 09:34 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

when you're growing hydro you really need a PPM/EC/TDS meter AND a pH meter.

and RO water is a must.

dont go by their feeding schedule. i would go with a quarter to half of what the feeding chart says. get a ppm meter, pH pen, RO water, and start learning how much your plant eats by reading the ppm.

as your water evaporates and gets absorbed by the roots, the level of water obviously goes down, and with that, the pH and PPM also get thrown off. so you really need those tools to keep an eye on everything.

Edited by CrushNazT (07/31/13 09:39 AM)

OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

Re: Botanicare Nutes Confusion [Re: CrushNazT]
    #679900 - 07/31/13 09:49 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CrushNazT said:
when you're growing hydro you really need a PPM/EC/TDS meter AND a pH meter.

and RO water is a must.

dont go by their feeding schedule. i would go with a quarter to half of what the feeding chart says. get a ppm meter, pH pen, RO water, and start learning how much your plant eats by reading the ppm.

as your water evaporates and gets absorbed by the roots, the level of water obviously goes down, and with that, the pH and PPM also get thrown off. so you really need those tools to keep an eye on everything.

Im currently germinating in a rockwell cube. I used PH 6.0 water thats been run through a filter and soaked the rockwool cube in there and then put the seed in and put it in a humidity thingie. Has yet to sprout (Did this yesterday)
I have PH testing strips.

Do you have a link or something to a guide that teaches me how to do all that? I ony have one seed and i dont want to risk killigng it...

I work in a lab, so i have access to lots of chemicals and equipment for ochem... Is it bad to use NaOH and Hydrochloric acid to regulate the PH of the water (Use it instead of PH up and PH down)
As for a PPM meter, i don't have one (It's a myco lab, lol)
How much does one cost, generally, and where can I find reverse osmosis water?

Edited by TheUnknownPoet (07/31/13 09:50 AM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #679902 - 07/31/13 10:10 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Well lets hold on here.  RO is NOT a must.  I used tap water for years in DWC.  But that will depend on the read out of your tap water, you can get that from the company who supplies it.

PPM and pH meters are available at your hydro store.  It's not as simple as just cutting the recommended in half. 

Have you purchased any books on this yet?  If not I would highly recommend it.

Vegging for months isn't a good idea, the plants stretch when you put them into flower, up to 3 times the size they started out at.  And yes, 18 hours on, 6 hours off is recommended.  You can also keep them on for 24 hours until you decide to flower.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleCrushNazT
Male

Loc: Colorado Flag
    #679903 - 07/31/13 10:15 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

i cant think of any links off the top of my head. i did my one and only hydro grow in DWC last year with 5 gallon buckets, and a lot of it was learning along the way. i spent a lot of money learning! lol (hence why i didnt know tapwater can be OK to use)

youtube has plenty of videos that can explain basic hydro solution maintence for DWC. i would just stick to using pH up and down instead of using other means to drop the pH. it's made for growing so thats why i trust it.

you can buy a RO machine at a hydro store for 200-250 dollars. or you can go to some local grocery store, wal mart, safeway, hyvee, somethin like that and get culligan water for 39 cents a gallon. i used to refill a 5 gallon jug every couple days until i bought a RO filter.

PPM meters cost 80-140 bucks. i have a bluelab truncheon thats pretty much the top of the line PPM/EC meter. it was 134 before tax.

OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

Re: Botanicare Nutes Confusion [Re: CrushNazT]
    #679958 - 07/31/13 03:17 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, I can't afford a PPM meter. I'll have to make do some other way. Is this an Option, or is the PPM meter a must?

How do i do the PPM calculation thingie?

Edited by TheUnknownPoet (07/31/13 03:52 PM)

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#680006 - 07/31/13 08:05 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheUnknownPoet said:
Yea, I can't afford a PPM meter. I'll have to make do some other way. Is this an Option, or is the PPM meter a must?

How do i do the PPM calculation thingie?

:waitwhatthehell:  How you do the thingie. I need to know to

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Botanicare Nutes Confusion [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #680022 - 07/31/13 10:03 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I highly recommend an EC meter over a ppm meter.
AS for ph pens I don't use them I use the GH drops, much cheaper and always on the mark.

It's my understanding that with botanicare one doesn't have to worry about burning their plants unless they majorly over do it.  So may be able to get away with a grow or two with out an EC meter.  But I strongly suggest getting one as soon as possible.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

Re: Botanicare Nutes Confusion [Re: Stoneth]
    #680031 - 08/01/13 12:28 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Is there a guide anywhere then on how I hould give nutes to my plant?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #680032 - 08/01/13 02:26 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTheUnknownPoet
Stranger

Re: Botanicare Nutes Confusion [Re: Magash]
    #680335 - 08/03/13 08:44 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I've cone across this http://www.growsetup.com/feeding-chart.php
I dont have calmag or superthrive.
Can i just use the nutes on their own?

PH should be kept 6.0 the entire time, correct?

Edited by TheUnknownPoet (08/03/13 08:44 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #680339 - 08/03/13 10:53 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

You don't need cal-mag or superthirve. Cal-mag is good if you have a deficiency and superthrive isn't needed period.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSmokeSomeHash
Littlest pee pee on da block
 User Gallery

Loc: murica Flag
Re: Botanicare Nutes Confusion [Re: TheUnknownPoet] * 1
    #680536 - 08/05/13 05:10 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheUnknownPoet said:
I've cone across this http://www.growsetup.com/feeding-chart.php
I dont have calmag or superthrive.
Can i just use the nutes on their own?

PH should be kept 6.0 the entire time, correct?

Youre over analyzing everything without even investing in the equipment first.

Just use what nutes you have available...follow the chart but do it less and gradually increase it, veg for however long you want whether its a day or a year.

Fill your bucket with fresh water...tap is fine, add a nute, stir, add next nute, stir, repeat til all are added, balance ph...youre done

Top off with fresh water daily. Change out completely every week or two. pH will fluctuate a bit but thats normal...thats why its a range and not a specific number.

I lol when noobs try to follow nute charts to the T. I understand youre worried and wanna succeed but dont make it more complex than needed.

Once you have a few grows and experience then you can get into more in depth schedules and what not but dont overwhelm yourself with too many "thingies".

And whose sayin RO is a must? :spank:

Dont make me put pics of my waterfarm peppers with outdoor hose water

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies