Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Nutes Nutes Nutes Nutes
    #113903 - 08/24/08 07:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I'm running out of a bunch of my earth juice nutes right now, and I decided I'm getting a little sick of buffering the ph so heavily for every single feeding. it's getting a little out of hand.
Can anyone else recommend some nice organic nutrients that don't require a 24hr aeration period followed by heavy doses of PH up?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUns4ne
King of Twisted Irony
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Nutes Nutes Nutes Nutes [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #113952 - 08/24/08 08:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The appropriate ?'s at this point should be: Are you testing the purge from your containers or the input nute mix. And WTF, "heavy" doses of PH up?

--------------------
Fighting Terrorism One Seed At A Time
Big Bang, Arjan's Haze #3 Growlog
My First Grow(Complete)
Never let school get in the way of your education.-Mark Twain

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutes Nutes Nutes Nutes [Re: Uns4ne]
    #113970 - 08/24/08 08:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm testing both the input and the purge waters, but I don't see what that has to do with my question.
Earth Juice is naturally VERY acidic, and requires an aeration period of 24-48 hours prior to use (during which time the PH rises, but not significantly). Heavy doses of PH up means just that... I need to generally use a large quantity (what else does heavy dose mean?) of PH^ to get my nutrient solution to safe levels. of course, if I'm adding 150ppm of sodium bicarbonate to my mix that means less nutrients for my girls, and an eventual basification of the soil itself as the usable compounds are consumed, leaving additives (like PH^) behind in the soil.

--------------------

InvisibleUns4ne
King of Twisted Irony
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #113982 - 08/24/08 09:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Seeing as how you now exactly what your talking about. I would say ditch your nutrients. Why would I say this, If you have to work that hard to make your nutes useful then I think your supplier wants you to buy more shit than you need. Even if its an organic mix they should be able to adjust the PH in house(simple science). As far as the recommendation :shrug:, all I can say is that you're on the right track.

By the way, is Earth Juice a one or two part solution?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #113986 - 08/24/08 09:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, that was basically the conclusion I reached. I loved growing nice organic weed, but I see people having magnificent results with far easier feeding regimens, so I think it's time for a switch.

I used the full line of Earth Juice nutes, 5 different bottles
From www.earthjuice.com;

GROW: Nitrogen formulation for vigorous green growth. It may also be used as a Superior General Purpose Fertilizer that will provide vigorous growth and outstanding production of flowers, vegetables and fruit. It is the Best Choice for those who prefer to use a single formula. Approved by Organic Materials Review Institute for organic crop production.

BLOOM: A no nitrogen phosphorous formula that is used to promote buds, flowers, fruit and vegetables. Use at first sign of budding and throughout the production period. Also good for plants that do not require any nitrogen, such as cactus and legumes. Approved by Organic Materials Review Institute for organic crop production.

CATALYST: (XATALYST in Canada) A premium organic additive that encourages compact branching, stimulates optimal fruiting sites, and triggers early yields. Conditions soils and hydroponic solutions for better nutrient availability. Best to use in conjunction with other NPK fertilizers.

MICROBLAST: A proprietary liquid micronutrient formula to be used to prevent and correct micronutrient deficiencies. Naturally buffered for assured plant absorption. May be watered in or used as a foliage spray.

META-K: A natural potassium-based formulation for maturing, fruiting, and flowering plants that require more potassium. Increase use prior to and during flowering/fruiting to improve the plant's ability to support greater yields, build heat and drought tolerances, and to maximize nutrient assimilation.

--------------------

InvisibleUns4ne
King of Twisted Irony
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #113995 - 08/24/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, that's allot of B.S.

--------------------
My First Grow(Complete)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #113997 - 08/24/08 09:34 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Agreed, but on the upside, the clones I got were almost completely dead, and suffered from root rot, but by harvest time after 2 months of EJ nutes I harvested nugs that put medical growers to shame

--------------------

InvisibleUns4ne
King of Twisted Irony
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #114002 - 08/24/08 09:40 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I don't doubt that, unfortunately a ninja could use miracle grow to the same effect.

I'm to tired to think this one through, but if your truly interested in using an organic formulation I would look for a purveyor that sells P&K in one bottle and N in another. They might even sell some extras in another bottle or two, but they should be able to specify to a higher degree of certainty as to what the various adds accomplish. Or not :shrug:.

--------------------
My First Grow(Complete)

InvisibleUns4ne
King of Twisted Irony
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #114024 - 08/24/08 10:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

BTW, I don't pretend to know anything about nutes. It's just that I've been trying to figure out what I should use personally and the half ass sales blurbs I've been reading lately don't amount to shit. That why I've decided to go in alphabetical order starting with B.

--------------------
My First Grow(Complete)

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutes Nutes Nutes Nutes (moved) [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #114124 - 08/25/08 06:10 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This thread was moved from Soil Cultivation.

Reason:
The Soil Cultivation sub-forum is for discussing topics only pertaining specifically to soil.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutes Nutes Nutes Nutes (moved) [Re: Sirius]
    #114286 - 08/25/08 04:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Bio Buzz was a line my friend used that i believe was 100% organic.  He grew some damn tasty buds with it too.  If you're really set on true organics, why not buy some guano, castings, and blood/bone meals and make some teas?  It requires very little effort on your part, is relatively cheap (compared to bottled nutes), and will always be 100 % organic.  Keep in mind some companies that claim their nutes are organic are only semi organic.  Case in point, fox farms grow big.  It derives it's nitrogen from a non organic source, so while many of the ingredients are organic, it's not 100% organic.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Nutes Nutes Nutes Nutes (moved) [Re: coda]
    #114568 - 08/26/08 10:14 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know how set I am on 100% organic, I just don't want to be feeding my babys straight chemicals. Like picking a nice burger restaraunt over McDonalds... not really good for you, but WAy better.

Oh, and I can't really do the teas thing because my house is waaaay too small.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #114576 - 08/26/08 11:27 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

why does house size effect the choice of using teas?

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #114648 - 08/26/08 02:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

too much shit to store.... and I don't want to be cooking up a tea of worm poop on my stove every week.
I can store 2-3 bottles out of sight easily

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #114778 - 08/26/08 09:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

well, the bags generally aren't that big unless you order gallons of the stuff.  No cooking required either, just a nice soak in some relatively hot water is enough to dissolve the guano.  Cap the bottle and no smell.

It's up to you though, bottled nutes work just fine.  GH's flora nova series gets some damn good reviews, you might think of checking that out.

--------------------

InvisibleUns4ne
King of Twisted Irony
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #114781 - 08/26/08 10:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Another organic option is Botanicare's Pure Blend Pro Line. I just got the chance to read my bottle and organic is what it says.

--------------------
My First Grow(Complete)

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #114875 - 08/27/08 12:37 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I don't know how set I am on 100% organic, I just don't want to be feeding my babys straight chemicals.

I honestly don't think this makes very much sense. Nitrogen is nitrogen, no? Most chemical fertilizers are the element combined with oxygen in some way. Nutrients are chemicals, after all. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #115032 - 08/27/08 11:06 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

honestly Sirius I agree with you, but I've read SO many growers online who swear the organic is better for the plants. I can see it helping though, because there's more to fertilizer than just the NPK contents... the dozens of microelements and living bacterial cultures in the soil contribute to the overall well-being of the plant.

Plus, if it's organic my mom will smoke it with me

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #115041 - 08/27/08 11:13 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not dismissing growing organically, and I'm sure its quite possible that it is better, but I think this is attributed to the differences in concentrations and ratios between different elements, and, as you mentioned, different micro-nutrients and beneficial bacteria. I just don't agree with the sentiment that chemical fertilizers = bad because they are chemicals. Chemistry is chemistry. :wink:

So your mom's granola, eh? :hippie:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #115051 - 08/27/08 11:17 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
I just don't agree with the sentiment that chemical fertilizers = bad because they are chemicals. Chemistry is chemistry. :wink:

Amen brotha

and yeah, she used to smoke and trip a fair amount in college, but she quit when she was going for her Doctorate. for the last 45 years she's run her own company making around 200K a year, and with retirement around the corner she decided to start back up again. Plus I've been playing a bunch of bluegrass recently, so toking at shows is always considered acceptable.

I think her exact words were "fuck this, I'm old."

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix