Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Repeat initiate budding
    #677444 - 07/09/13 03:55 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

My dad used to grow and I was talking to him about maybe growing for fun, and he was telling me that barely anyone he's met knows that when a plant buds you can trim off the buds and then drop the light cycle back down to 12 hour(I think) and re initiate budding, and can potentially trick the plant to grow new buds for years.

Is this something well known? I didn't find anything about it by searching.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Repeat initiate budding [Re: Midgetpawn]
    #677455 - 07/09/13 04:15 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

i've heard of people re-veg'n a plant, but i haven't seen what you're suggesting.  personally i would want to revert the plant and grow it to the size i desired and then  flower it again.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Repeat initiate budding [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #677456 - 07/09/13 04:29 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yea I don't even really know how to grow well, but the way he described it sounded like something everyone should do. He was saying you just trim them all off then change the light cycle back down or whatever and new buds grow everywhere

off-topic, but if you buy seeds from online do you need both male and female seeds/plants to get more seeds? btw does anyone know someplace to get seeds within the usa without getting a letter in the mail? I hate the idea of the package going through customs =/

Edited by Midgetpawn (07/09/13 04:34 AM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #677458 - 07/09/13 04:54 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Well your dad is kind of right. In order to start budding in the first place you turn the lights back to 12 hours so you can't move them back if they are already there.

What you would have to do is reveg the plant or revert to be exact then turn the lights back again. Now the reason people don't do it is that it takes longer then just starting new cuttings. The reason is cuttings can be ready to go into flowering without having to be reverted. In other-words out with the plants that just got harvested and in with new plants that are ready to start flowering immediately. The process of reverting a plant take several weeks.

You have to remember marijuana is a annual plant so after if flowers it wants to die. That is the reason for reverting the plant which tricks it into going threw the grow cycle again.

I could get more in depth on this but my getting long winded can get rather boring.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

#677459 - 07/09/13 04:55 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah he was definitely talking about re-vegging a plant.

If I understand it correctly:
Basically, after you trim the buds off the mature plant, make sure to leave a few leaves and change the lights back to 18/6, 20/4, or even 24/0 and wait until you get new growth.
Then put it back into 12/12 and flower as usual.

Quote:

off-topic, but if you buy seeds from online do you need both male and female seeds/plants to get more seeds?

If you want regular seeds, yes.
Or you could feminize seeds, and that takes at least 2 females, no males. Fairly complicated procedure, but doable.

Quote:

btw does anyone know someplace to get seeds within the usa without getting a letter in the mail? I hate the idea of the package going through customs =/

You'll be hard-pressed to find a U.S. based seed vendor. (Assuming that's where you're from, because seeds are illegal in the u.s.)

Unless you make friends with the right people, you're pretty much guaranteed to have to get seeds through customs.

EDIT: Well Magash beat me to it. :frown:

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

Edited by resincoatedlungs (07/09/13 04:55 AM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Repeat initiate budding [Re: resincoatedlungs]
    #677461 - 07/09/13 05:22 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Or you could feminize seeds, and that takes at least 2 females, no males. Fairly complicated procedure, but doable.

You're almost right but it can be done with just one plant. You can make just one branch put out the feminized pollen and leave the rest of the plant normal. Then you can actually seed that plant with that pollen this allows you do seeds with just one plant. :wink:

:growingweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisibleresincoatedlungs
Brickweed Aficionado
 User Gallery

Re: Repeat initiate budding [Re: Magash]
    #677462 - 07/09/13 05:27 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Oops... my bad! :blush:
Good to know, though.
Now that I know that, I feel pretty much obligated to get some STS together now.:rolleyes:

--------------------
:psycho:

Man Eater

Offlinescrapske
Stranger

#677466 - 07/09/13 05:33 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

You're almost right but it can be done with just one plant. You can make just one branch put out the feminized pollen and leave the rest of the plant normal. Then you can actually seed that plant with that pollen this allows you do seeds with just one plant. :wink:

goodstuff!

i got a Q

how do you get feminized pollen from a female plant?

cheers

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

Re: Repeat initiate budding [Re: scrapske]
    #677469 - 07/09/13 05:52 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Well whatever he was saying was suggesting to change the light cycle after clipping the buds to force the plant to bud again. I mean he was growing from like the 70s - early 2000s and may have developed his own timings that weren't the normally used lighting cycles. Don't know, I'll have to ask him.

You would think seeds would be more easily available in USA now that weed is legal in 2 states =/ I found a bunch of 25 year old seeds and tried to germinate them, but nothing happened. I'm guessing it's not a great idea to request to trade seeds for cube spores? =P

It's kind of strange that spores are legal while seeds aren't. stupid laws

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

Interesting. If I ever get seeds I'll have to spend a couple weeks just reading through this forum

Edited by Midgetpawn (07/09/13 05:54 AM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Repeat initiate budding [Re: scrapske]
    #677483 - 07/09/13 09:02 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

scrapske said:
Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

goodstuff!

i got a Q

how do you get feminized pollen from a female plant?

cheers

Ok, the difference between female and male plants is pretty much a hormone. They both have the same flowering hormone but the female has a extra hormone that tells the forming flower to form as a female flower. Now what sts, and colloidal silver do is attach themselves to the hormone that tells the plant to form a female flower and make it unusable by the plant.
So if you spray just one branch that branch won't be able to use the hormone. Since it can't use the hormone that tells the flower to form as a female then I but you figured out what happens. That branch will form male flowers.

Because male plants don't have this hormone it's impossible to do it in reverse or to make female flowers on a male plant so you could make all male seeds. Not that I've ever heard of a reason to do that.

:happyweed:

--------------------

OfflineMidgetpawn
 User Gallery

#677737 - 07/12/13 08:17 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Hm I guess it's kind of like when people take hormones to change sexes.

OfflineTomCollins

#677768 - 07/12/13 12:27 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Not quite... The plant doesn't change sex per se.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlineexile19
Stranger
Re: Repeat initiate budding [Re: TomCollins]
    #678972 - 07/22/13 08:36 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I thought you put the plant back on a regular veg cycle, wait a couple weeks to a month to start vegging again

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order