Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesloantbone
Spirit Entity on Tour
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Clones from a female turned into males?? Confused
    #695030 - 11/22/13 10:06 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Ok here is the scoop

A friend of mine was growing a white widow from a feminized seed.
The friend took a few successful clones off the same female widow plant.

Some of those clones while flowering are showing signs that they are male?

Can this really happen? or did he fuck up in the labels?  :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecatbuds
Stranger
Female

Loc: Cecil Co, Md Flag
Re: Clones from a female turned into males?? Confused [Re: sloantbone]
    #695032 - 11/22/13 10:44 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like the mother was a late showing hermie to me.

--------------------
Old tree huggin hippie. Growing what I like & liking what I grow

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Clones from a female turned into males?? Confused [Re: catbuds]
    #695033 - 11/22/13 10:56 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

catbuds said:
Sounds like the mother was a late showing hermie to me.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinesloantbone
Spirit Entity on Tour
Male

Re: Clones from a female turned into males?? Confused [Re: catbuds]
    #695036 - 11/22/13 11:06 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

the Mother ...plant....is flowering....and about 7 weeks into flowering...huge buds ....no signs whatsoever of male qualities.

But about half of her clones......looks like they are totally male?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #695038 - 11/22/13 11:30 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Your taking clones from a plant 7 weeks into flowering?  It's probably the stress of cloning in that stage and trying to revert back to veg.  So the genetics of the plant were probably already prone to hermie if it went under any type of stress.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Clones from a female turned into males?? Confused [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #695053 - 11/23/13 08:21 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I think he meant the mom is 7 weeks into flowering now without showing any signs of being a hermie, not when he took the clones.

--------------------
:firecum:

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Loc: Back in the USSR. Flag
Re: Clones from a female turned into males?? Confused [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #695060 - 11/23/13 09:38 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Nowhere in the last post was there any misunderstanding of the situation.  The fact that clones were taken from a plant 7 weeks into flowering is exactly the cause of the mother going herm.  Cutting branches during flowering stresses plants and diffuses floral hormones.  Reverting flowering cannabis plants back to veg also stresses and confuses plants.  The further into flowering that plants are - the more stress they will experience when being reverted back to veg.

Causing stress to female plants until they go herm and pollinate themselves is how most breeders create feminized seeds.  Because the mother was stressed to the point of going herm to create said female seeds, females grown from feminized seeds also have the herm gene passed on which will usually express when/if the feminized plants experience any kind of stress whatsoever.

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Clones from a female turned into males?? Confused [Re: hamloaf]
    #695068 - 11/23/13 11:41 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

The OP never said the clones were taken while the mother was flowering. He said she's flowering now and has been for 7 weeks, but based on the info given so far the clones could have been taken while she was still vegging.

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #695070 - 11/23/13 12:13 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
Causing stress to female plants until they go herm and pollinate themselves is how most breeders create feminized seeds.  Because the mother was stressed to the point of going herm to create said female seeds, females grown from feminized seeds also have the herm gene passed on which will usually express when/if the feminized plants experience any kind of stress whatsoever.

Thats one way of doing it but its not as reliable as using colloidal silver.

Plants can herm on just one or two branches and grow male parts that are trapped under the buds and only pollinate locally--resulting in a few random seeds in a bud. You wont know until your ready to smoke it.

It sounds to me like the clones weren't taken at 7 weeks into flower, just that the mother plant itself is at 7 weeks now.

Can we get some photo's?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Clones from a female turned into males?? Confused [Re: hamloaf] * 1
    #695071 - 11/23/13 12:33 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Causing stress to female plants until they go herm and pollinate themselves is how most breeders create feminized seeds.

No it is not. The most common way to make them if your doing it the right way it to find the plants your thinking of using as mother plants. Then take cuttings from them and stress them every way you can. The ones that turn hermie are thrown out not used. You do not want a plant that can turn hermie to make feminized seeds from period. There is one breeder that does this and that is Soma and just look at the reviews on his fems.

The plants that pass the test are then treated with STS. The difference between a male plant and a female is simple. The female has one hormone more then the male. They both use the same hormone to trigger flowering but femele plants have a extra hormone that tells the plant to form female flowers. The sts attaches to the hormone that tells the plant to make female flowers and makes it unusable to the plant. STS stay in place so you can spray a few branches on a plant and only those will have male flowers. The process of making feminized seeds is not a natural one. When done properly there is no difference between regular seeds and feminized seeds in the amount of hermies they put out.

I can keep going on this but it gets boring to you guys so I'll stop but people using hermie plants to make seeds and I know there are some are making a huge fuckup.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Re: Clones from a female turned into males?? Confused [Re: Magash]
    #695072 - 11/23/13 12:47 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

You can rap to me all day about feminized seeds.  I won't get bored.  The information I have acquired about feminized seeds is outdated apparently.  Also, yea, according to the information provided by the OP those clones could have been taken during veg.  Sorry.  Thanks.

Phycotron.  I'mma have to look into that colloidal silver method of feminizing seeds.  I have an endless supply of over 100ppm colloidal silver from a relative who manufactures it. 

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #695073 - 11/23/13 02:01 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hamloaf said:
You can rap to me all day about feminized seeds.  I won't get bored.  The information I have acquired about feminized seeds is outdated apparently.  Also, yea, according to the information provided by the OP those clones could have been taken during veg.  Sorry.  Thanks.

Phycotron.  I'mma have to look into that colloidal silver method of feminizing seeds.  I have an endless supply of over 100ppm colloidal silver from a relative who manufactures it. 

The CS way of feminizing is good also I have a post up on that also and it is a good method esp if you have family that makes it. The best ppm tested so far has been around 50 ppm.

If your interested in CS this is a very good read.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60610

:happyweed::prettyflyforawhiteguy::happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinesloantbone
Spirit Entity on Tour
Male

Re: Clones from a female turned into males?? Confused [Re: Magash]
    #695540 - 11/25/13 09:48 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

let me re-state so there is no confusion.

I took a bunch of clones off the mother plant when she was in veg.

Then while her clones were in veg I put the mother plant in the flower room.

( I know I should have had patience and kept the mother in veg and put the mature clones at a later time in flower)

However, when the clones were about 4 weeks old, I put them into the flower room, and about 4 out of 10 turned into males.
Full blown males, with no signs of female flowers, just the pollen sacks.

When I look at the mother plant they came off of ....she is doing very well...She is a Big Bud White Widow

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #695565 - 11/26/13 02:01 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like its time for a new mother plant. Very strange. Did you get any photos?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinehamloaf
Biometric Precursor.

Re: Clones from a female turned into males?? Confused [Re: phychotron]
    #695579 - 11/26/13 06:03 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Yea that is crazy.  Kind of reminds me of the story of the origin of "da purps" except this mother is putting off males.  Don't want that shit.  I'd say time for a different mother as well, unless there's some other environmental factor or factors that may have caused the clones to stress out and turn male, shrug.

InvisibleSacajaGanja
Beer
Male

#696418 - 12/02/13 09:31 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Didn't read other comments and went on to say it was a hermie... Then you whip out

Quote:

sloantbone said:
let me re-state so there is no confusion.

I took a bunch of clones off the mother plant when she was in veg.

Then while her clones were in veg I put the mother plant in the flower room.

( I know I should have had patience and kept the mother in veg and put the mature clones at a later time in flower)

However, when the clones were about 4 weeks old, I put them into the flower room, and about 4 out of 10 turned into males.
Full blown males, with no signs of female flowers, just the pollen sacks.

When I look at the mother plant they came off of ....she is doing very well...She is a Big Bud White Widow

No clue honestly :confused: Pics by chance?

Offlinetrichome
THC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #697264 - 12/06/13 08:17 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

maybe it's just the strain (or breeder).  I recently tried 10 feminised BB X WW (dinafem [i think] and 1 feminised WW from another breeder) and all hermied terribly.  Also had a feminised Snowcap from DNA limited that hermied early in flowering.  I do have a stressful growing environment, yet other strains are mostly or completely stable under the same conditions.

someone needs to invent a cannabis pollen detector/alarm.  hmmmmm...

--------------------
:baggy::arabs::baggy:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals