Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

silica???
    #671137 - 05/17/13 08:47 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I was just wondering does using silica make a big enough difference in the grow room that its worth the price of buying it? if so what would be a good be a good brand to look at?  one big reason I was wondering is that I read that it helps with drought, and with it being summer and my grow room getting a lot hotter was hoping it would help..  cause last time I watered it was only 4 days between watering and the leafs and branches were kinda drooping.. so did not know if this might help the plants deal heat and hold a little more water better.

also im about day 14 into flowering ..would I used some in my next watering would it be of any help or kinda to late for that now?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Middle east coast
Re: silica??? [Re: Mrshroom]
    #671142 - 05/17/13 09:15 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Do you know where any horsetail is growing nearby?

I love the benefits of silica..but have never used a bottled product..

--------------------
I used to grow pot.  I still do grow pot, but I used to grow it too.
*Seedsharer*
You got my cheez whiz, boy?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #671417 - 05/18/13 01:29 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Silica blast from Batanicare and yes it can make a hell of a difference in helping with drought and sever conditions. I've had plants that couldn't handle a certain distance from the lights that could after starting then on silica treatments.

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #671429 - 05/18/13 02:13 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I recently added silica and the plants seem to be doing exceptionally well. I spent like $20 on a half liter of silica, the hydro store guy just pulled one off the shelf when I was talking about trying it, Grotek Pro Silicate 0-0-3, works good. The plants seem healthier and more vigorous. I got it to combat some thripes, its suppose to make the cell walls thicker to the point that bugs have a hard time bitting into the cells and getting to the good stuff. Seemed to help the flowering plants from getting any.

Your only suppose to use it in veg and the beginning of flower. I usually go the first two-three weeks until the buds are starting to really form.

I've only used it for a few months, but its one of the things I plan on continuously using. I might try another brand, but I'm thinking that most of the main brands are relatively the same, I've seen a few 0-0-3 Pro-silica products.

It raises the pH (most nutrients lower), and you need to make sure to mix it in properly, the bottle will say, but basically you don't want it getting cloudy when you add it.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies