Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Germinating seeds quickly [Re: maryanne3087]
    #479167 - 09/18/10 03:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
Which do you use?

I have some BioBizz Fishmix which I think is fairly good I have a seperate product by BioBuzz called Alg-a-mic. So far these are the best products of the sort I've tried. I have some Algen mix from House and Garden to test also.

I'm thinking of making my own or attempting to using dead fish and pond/septic enzymes I might even see how long it takes for a AACT to break down dead fish unfortunately I live in a small house and the weather is already chilly so I can't brew outside.

Been using it for about 9 years.  I love it.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Edited by Inverted (09/18/10 05:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germinating seeds quickly [Re: Inverted]
    #479176 - 09/18/10 04:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

1quart = 32 gals = 75cents a gal Stuff isn't cheap.

How much do you use as a supplement?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#479178 - 09/18/10 04:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I add about a tablespoon in with my regular feedings.

I don't think it's that expensive, but it has proven results...

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #479187 - 09/18/10 04:13 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

How did you find it benefited your plants over just the Floranova do you use both grow and bloom?

I use Floranova grow, potassium silicate (AN's barricade), magnesium sulfate (epsom salts),some raw calcium nitrate, and humic acids. I feel none of these could be cut without losing completeness from my regiment. I sometimes change things up a bit using flora micro+bloom, cutting the silicate, epsom, or humic from time to time.

When I have a bunch of clones going I want to compare some bloom boosters - I have some satchels of shooting powder, koolbloom, and want to try a couple more.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #479194 - 09/18/10 04:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

What kind of a meter do you use? I like to talk EC more, because different companies use different conversions. I use Bluelab @ x500 for TDS, and x700 for PPM.

Just a Milwaukee brand TDS meter, I couldn't afford the nicer models that did both EC and TDS.  It's on my list of things to get though.

Quote:

How hard is your water?

140 PPM from the tap. 

Quote:

Most nutrient companies give really high dosage rates, I'm almost tempted to test some (not on my plants) at the recommended dosage.

Yah, that's kind of what I was doing with this.  It's just too strong though, at least for the plants I have right now.  Maybe if they were vegged for a month or so before flowering they could handle it.

Quote:

As far as I can tell higher PPMs don't necessarily make for higher yields

Definitely agree with this.  I'd rather use less food honestly, means I spend less money and less of a chance to stress my plants out.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germinating seeds quickly [Re: coda]
    #479210 - 09/18/10 04:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If it's TDS, that's a x500 from EC?

2ec = 1000 TDS, 1400ppm. That's the conversions Bluelab uses.

I love my guardian and truncheon, I hardly touch the truncheon but it's still sexy as hell.

100 TDS = 140 PPM which is my water
140 TDS = 196 PPM

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#479235 - 09/18/10 05:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
How did you find it benefited your plants over just the Floranova do you use both grow and bloom?

I use Floranova grow, potassium silicate (AN's barricade), magnesium sulfate (epsom salts),some raw calcium nitrate, and humic acids. I feel none of these could be cut without losing completeness from my regiment. I sometimes change things up a bit using flora micro+bloom, cutting the silicate, epsom, or humic from time to time.

When I have a bunch of clones going I want to compare some bloom boosters - I have some satchels of shooting powder, koolbloom, and want to try a couple more.

Yes I use both.  It's more of a feeling thing.  I was giving them very accurate feedings with just the FN, but I still wanted to see healthier plants, so I started adding that in with my FN, and I noticed just a general slight increase in overall health.  Not major, but I'm OCD...  I like my plants to be real dark green, but not to toxic levels.  :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #479242 - 09/18/10 06:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I hear ya. I might give it a try. I really like BioBizz FishMix but I don't use it along side my Floranova, I've been using it for my herb garden. I don't know if I'm crazy or if my produce does taste better with organic ferts. I'm going to do a blind test next growing season.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale