Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Germinating seeds quickly [Re: maryanne3087]
    #479167 - 09/18/10 03:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
Which do you use?

I have some BioBizz Fishmix which I think is fairly good I have a seperate product by BioBuzz called Alg-a-mic. So far these are the best products of the sort I've tried. I have some Algen mix from House and Garden to test also.

I'm thinking of making my own or attempting to using dead fish and pond/septic enzymes I might even see how long it takes for a AACT to break down dead fish unfortunately I live in a small house and the weather is already chilly so I can't brew outside.

Been using it for about 9 years.  I love it.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Edited by Inverted (09/18/10 05:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germinating seeds quickly [Re: Inverted]
    #479176 - 09/18/10 04:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

1quart = 32 gals = 75cents a gal Stuff isn't cheap.

How much do you use as a supplement?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#479178 - 09/18/10 04:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I add about a tablespoon in with my regular feedings.

I don't think it's that expensive, but it has proven results...

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #479187 - 09/18/10 04:13 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

How did you find it benefited your plants over just the Floranova do you use both grow and bloom?

I use Floranova grow, potassium silicate (AN's barricade), magnesium sulfate (epsom salts),some raw calcium nitrate, and humic acids. I feel none of these could be cut without losing completeness from my regiment. I sometimes change things up a bit using flora micro+bloom, cutting the silicate, epsom, or humic from time to time.

When I have a bunch of clones going I want to compare some bloom boosters - I have some satchels of shooting powder, koolbloom, and want to try a couple more.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #479194 - 09/18/10 04:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

What kind of a meter do you use? I like to talk EC more, because different companies use different conversions. I use Bluelab @ x500 for TDS, and x700 for PPM.

Just a Milwaukee brand TDS meter, I couldn't afford the nicer models that did both EC and TDS.  It's on my list of things to get though.

Quote:

How hard is your water?

140 PPM from the tap. 

Quote:

Most nutrient companies give really high dosage rates, I'm almost tempted to test some (not on my plants) at the recommended dosage.

Yah, that's kind of what I was doing with this.  It's just too strong though, at least for the plants I have right now.  Maybe if they were vegged for a month or so before flowering they could handle it.

Quote:

As far as I can tell higher PPMs don't necessarily make for higher yields

Definitely agree with this.  I'd rather use less food honestly, means I spend less money and less of a chance to stress my plants out.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germinating seeds quickly [Re: coda]
    #479210 - 09/18/10 04:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If it's TDS, that's a x500 from EC?

2ec = 1000 TDS, 1400ppm. That's the conversions Bluelab uses.

I love my guardian and truncheon, I hardly touch the truncheon but it's still sexy as hell.

100 TDS = 140 PPM which is my water
140 TDS = 196 PPM

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#479235 - 09/18/10 05:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
How did you find it benefited your plants over just the Floranova do you use both grow and bloom?

I use Floranova grow, potassium silicate (AN's barricade), magnesium sulfate (epsom salts),some raw calcium nitrate, and humic acids. I feel none of these could be cut without losing completeness from my regiment. I sometimes change things up a bit using flora micro+bloom, cutting the silicate, epsom, or humic from time to time.

When I have a bunch of clones going I want to compare some bloom boosters - I have some satchels of shooting powder, koolbloom, and want to try a couple more.

Yes I use both.  It's more of a feeling thing.  I was giving them very accurate feedings with just the FN, but I still wanted to see healthier plants, so I started adding that in with my FN, and I noticed just a general slight increase in overall health.  Not major, but I'm OCD...  I like my plants to be real dark green, but not to toxic levels.  :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #479242 - 09/18/10 06:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I hear ya. I might give it a try. I really like BioBizz FishMix but I don't use it along side my Floranova, I've been using it for my herb garden. I don't know if I'm crazy or if my produce does taste better with organic ferts. I'm going to do a blind test next growing season.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies