Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Call of Duty: Ghost Announced
    #668816 - 05/02/13 02:21 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

An official teaser trailer for Activision’s 2013 Call of Duty: Ghosts has launched, as well as an official webpage.

You can watch the teaser below. It features a bunch of masked warriors from different epochs, all the way up to the Ghosts featured in the upcoming shooter.

What’s perhaps more interesting than this is the fact that the game will be debuted at the May 21st Xbox event, in which Microsoft MSFT +1.28% plans to announce its next-gen console.
'Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Might Be Activision's Next Big Shooter Erik Kain Erik Kain Contributor

This doesn’t mean that Call of Duty: Ghosts will be an Xbox exclusive, however. It would be crazy and out of character for Activision to make the game an exclusive. Not only did early leaked images point to a cross-platform release, the official announcement confirms it.

However, it does mean that Ghosts will be a next-gen title. It also may mean that special content or bonuses will come with the Xbox version of the game.

Call of Duty: Ghosts follows on the heels of last years Black Ops II and 2011′s record-breaking Modern Warfare 3. It remains one of the best-selling video game franchises of all time, and one of the most successful IPs in entertainment media.

I find the success of the game fascinating, and it will be just as fascinating to see whether Ghosts can help move next-gen systems or whether gamers will be reticent to switch from the current-gen offerings.

Luring gamers away from the huge catalogs and comfort of their Xbox 360 and PS3 may be a tricky task, especially when games like this are releasing on current systems as well.

Will Ghosts manage to move units like Modern Warfare 3 or Black Ops II or are we nearing the end of an era?

If I had to bet, I’d say Ghosts sales top MW3, but I’m not a betting man.

“Infinity Ward set the gold standard for first-person action for a generation, and they’re going to do it again with Call of Duty: Ghosts,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing, Inc. “Ghosts delivers an all-new story, all-new characters, an all-new Call of Duty world, all powered by a next generation Call of Duty engine, which is a leap forward for the franchise. Infinity Ward is going all-in to create the next generation of Call of Duty worthy of the world’s greatest fans.”

“Everyone was expecting us to make Modern Warfare 4, which would have been the safe thing to do. But we’re not resting on our laurels,” said Mark Rubin, executive producer of developer Infinity Ward. “We saw the console transition as the perfect opportunity to start a new chapter for Call of Duty. So we’re building a new sub-brand, a new engine, and a lot of new ideas and experiences for our players. We can’t wait to share them with our community.”

A new sub-brand is a welcome move, I think, but what I’d really love to see from the franchise is more daring innovation in terms of gameplay. I know it’s risky to tinker with a winning formula, but Call of Duty, for all its success, could use a healthy dose of innovation.

It’s also interesting that this is a cross-gen release. I imagine if it had been released on next-gen systems only, that would have been a huge boon to both Microsoft and Sony . Activision, on the other hand, will sell more units across platforms rather than betting on next-gen this early.

Pre-orders for the game start today.

Call of Duty: Ghosts will release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on November 5. The game will also be available for next generation platforms, though no date has been set for release.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Call of Duty: Ghost Announced [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #668823 - 05/02/13 02:41 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

im not a big COD fan...  but to each there own

I wish they would make a GTA type game but in middle ages with swords and kings and shit.  that would be cool.

Ive been playing the newest godfather lately.. its kinda like GTA but more strategy based.  I like it.  u gotta control the city and take out other gangs and shit.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Call of Duty: Ghost Announced [Re: P-O]
    #668862 - 05/02/13 07:51 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

What about skyrim dude? Open world, missions, medieval theme.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleP-O

Re: Call of Duty: Ghost Announced [Re: RasJeph]
    #668863 - 05/02/13 07:52 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

i bought it... couldnt get into it.  (kept dying)

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: Call of Duty: Ghost Announced [Re: RasJeph]
    #668967 - 05/03/13 12:31 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
What about skyrim dude? Open world, missions, medieval theme.

you mentioning skyrim made me look into it.

i really wish it was multiplayer. i love those kind of games but not on single player.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Call of Duty: Ghost Announced [Re: PoloDown]
    #668987 - 05/03/13 01:32 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Ah, see I don't care for multiplayer most of the time.

I picked up the rockstar games collection today because it dropped $20. $40 for GTA episodes from liberty city, red dead, la noire and midnight club. I don't care for midnight club but even if I don't count that $13/game ill play is a good deal.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order