Home | Community | Message Board


Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNight Fire
Stranger
Registered: 01/31/13
Posts: 4
Last seen: 3 years, 10 months
Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice!
    #657018 - 01/31/13 11:17 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hello everyone !

I would like to say I'm a first time grower, and i have little to no experience in the growing cannabis department. But i do have experience with psilocybic mushrooms, so i do have some cultivating experience.

Well  my thread is pretty much to ask the community to point me into the right direction. What threads i should read and which ones are good for noobies.

Pretty much straight from ground zero, I don't plan on growing any time soon; but i do want to learn as much as possible because I do feel in the future I'll want to start growing.

So any suggestions and help around the forum would be awesome, maybe the names of some experienced growers that i could follow around and read about would be a great help too.

Thanks a lot community !


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery


Registered: 12/05/08
Posts: 13,294
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: Night Fire]
    #657020 - 01/31/13 11:23 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)



--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNight Fire
Stranger

Registered: 01/31/13
Posts: 4
Last seen: 3 years, 10 months
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #657022 - 01/31/13 11:28 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I would recommend this book

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/9904113562903559520?q=jorge%20cervantes&hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41867550,d.cGE&biw=788&bih=615&sa=X&ei=7EILUcXWK-jXiAL3hoCQDw&ved=0CFIQ8wIwAA




Will do! But, this book was published in 1983, I'm not doubting that I'm not going to learn from it, but I would also like to read about some more modern ways to growing also. Maybe another book? :smile:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Registered: 12/04/12
Posts: 781
Last seen: 7 months, 6 days
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: Night Fire]
    #657025 - 01/31/13 11:48 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Night Fire said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I would recommend this book

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/9904113562903559520?q=jorge%20cervantes&hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41867550,d.cGE&biw=788&bih=615&sa=X&ei=7EILUcXWK-jXiAL3hoCQDw&ved=0CFIQ8wIwAA




Will do! But, this book was published in 1983, I'm not doubting that I'm not going to learn from it, but I would also like to read about some more modern ways to growing also. Maybe another book? :smile:




that book is really good it has all the basic and then some. there is a lot to growing, so with starting off reading that book, it will teach you from all the different stages of the plants life.. to lighting, to growing in soil or hydro. Also it teaches you about nutrients and it breaks tells you how to tell read the plant in what nutreints you are low in.  it teaches how to clone and a lot more. It might be older but its one of the bester books out there. After reading that you will know what u need to know then can go more advanced stuff from there.

oh and it also teaches on how to bread, seting up grow rooms, pets, fungus, mold, how to harvest, and how to grow out side.


Edited by Mrshroom (01/31/13 11:51 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery


Registered: 12/05/08
Posts: 13,294
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: Mrshroom]
    #657028 - 01/31/13 11:52 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

It also has been updated numerous times.  Most recently in 2006.  Not sure what research you did to get the publishing date, maybe that was the original or something.  Right on the link it says the publish date being 2006.  And like Mrshroom said, it's going to give you a fantastic base of knowledge for growing.


--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Pingu Slap


Registered: 09/22/08
Posts: 8,142
Loc: High Flag
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: Night Fire]
    #657035 - 02/01/13 12:25 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Night Fire said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I would recommend this book

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/9904113562903559520?q=jorge%20cervantes&hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41867550,d.cGE&biw=788&bih=615&sa=X&ei=7EILUcXWK-jXiAL3hoCQDw&ved=0CFIQ8wIwAA




Will do! But, this book was published in 1983, I'm not doubting that I'm not going to learn from it, but I would also like to read about some more modern ways to growing also. Maybe another book? :smile:




It's a great book.


--------------------
Suck my balls America


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNight Fire
Stranger

Registered: 01/31/13
Posts: 4
Last seen: 3 years, 10 months
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: mhbound]
    #657047 - 02/01/13 01:10 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Gotcha, step 1. Read the book. I'll go ahead and get the book then come back with further questions !


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDrCrumbs
Alpha Blue

Registered: 10/16/12
Posts: 44
Loc: Gili Trawangan
Last seen: 3 years, 10 months
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: Night Fire]
    #657055 - 02/01/13 02:41 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Picking out a few good strains can be fun and time consuming.

http://en.seedfinder.eu/database/cup-winner/

Watching strainhunters on youtube can help.

Then picking a good seedbank to order from.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery


Registered: 10/30/12
Posts: 355
Last seen: 1 year, 1 month
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: DrCrumbs]
    #657074 - 02/01/13 07:53 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

This book has been updated over and over from the perspective of an activist who really wants everyone to succeed. There is nothing but good information in it.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Pingu Slap


Registered: 09/22/08
Posts: 8,142
Loc: High Flag
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: Night Fire]
    #657083 - 02/01/13 11:03 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Night Fire said:
Gotcha, step 1. Read the book. I'll go ahead and get the book then come back with further questions !




Also, use the search bar for questions. Now, don't be afraid to ask questions that's why this site is here, but a lot of questions have been asked and have good answers.

But the book will cover the majority of your basic questions, not if all.


--------------------
Suck my balls America


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNight Fire
Stranger

Registered: 01/31/13
Posts: 4
Last seen: 3 years, 10 months
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: mhbound]
    #657101 - 02/01/13 02:03 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks everyone !!

All the info is great help !


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Registered: 12/04/12
Posts: 781
Last seen: 7 months, 6 days
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: Night Fire]
    #657138 - 02/01/13 09:05 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Night Fire said:
Thanks everyone !!

All the info is great help !




it is a really good book( a little wordy for my liking, but I learned a lot). im in the process of building my grow room right now and buying all my equipment. I should be up and going in about 2 weeks I think at max. But I started off the same way not knowning anything and hawk told me to read that book and im soooo glad he did cause I learnd soo much and I feel that im 200% ready to start growing.. now don't get me wrong there is still stuff I need to learn (more advanced stuff) but nothing that will hinder me from be able to grow. I still have questions but that's why this site is here for everybody to help each other. so once you read that book any questions from your reading we will be more then glad to help out.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery


Registered: 12/05/08
Posts: 13,294
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: Mrshroom]
    #657218 - 02/02/13 11:13 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Mrshroom said:
Quote:

Night Fire said:
Thanks everyone !!

All the info is great help !




it is a really good book( a little wordy for my liking, but I learned a lot). im in the process of building my grow room right now and buying all my equipment. I should be up and going in about 2 weeks I think at max. But I started off the same way not knowning anything and hawk told me to read that book and im soooo glad he did cause I learnd soo much and I feel that im 200% ready to start growing.. now don't get me wrong there is still stuff I need to learn (more advanced stuff) but nothing that will hinder me from be able to grow. I still have questions but that's why this site is here for everybody to help each other. so once you read that book any questions from your reading we will be more then glad to help out.





:facepalm:


--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Pingu Slap


Registered: 09/22/08
Posts: 8,142
Loc: High Flag
Re: Hello! New to the community! Would like some advice! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #657243 - 02/02/13 01:48 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

:rofl:


--------------------
Suck my balls America


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Cannabis, Marijuana, Ganja & Greens >> Cannabis Cultivation

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* new 600 light stopped working after 3 weeks- any advice? starspangled 703 7 03/29/10 01:42 AM
by DieselB
* Advice for a not quite noob.. Mr. Magooey 699 2 05/24/11 08:01 PM
by Mr. Magooey
* need grow room advice stone.keith 1,349 10 12/05/12 08:34 PM
by stone.keith
* General advice for Hawaii growing? OnoLocoMoco 12,585 10 04/14/16 10:16 AM
by babyjames
* advice on cloning techniques *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Pandor 8,899 34 04/12/11 12:08 PM
by DungenessDank
* Nutrient and Feeding Advice
( 1 2 all )
DudeTron
9,860 22 01/28/10 10:11 PM
by DudeTron
* First DWC hydroponic grow- Advice and Fert suggestions wanted!
( 1 2 all )
kickin-two-hundo 6,071 20 09/09/13 02:44 PM
by TomCollins
* Ground/bush Weed cultivation advice. KERAN 1,194 11 04/25/09 12:16 PM
by MFDoom666

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Magash, Dr. Siekadellyk, phychotron
934 topic views. 2 members, 222 guests and 106 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.071 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.