Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

looking for some input on some seed breaders if they are decent or not
    #653613 - 01/03/13 06:32 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Well im at the point were im going to start getting everything together soon and was looking at a couple seed strains to get. and from what I been reading that there are seed breeders that put out good quality and not so good quality. So figured I would ask you guys cause want to get some good strong seeds for my frist couple grows

this is what im looking at

g13 Blue Venom
Barneys LSD
Green house super lemon haze
Bomb thc bomb or bomb widow bomb

Edited by Mrshroom (01/03/13 06:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Middle east coast
Re: looking for some input on some seed breaders if they are decent or not [Re: Mrshroom]
    #653616 - 01/03/13 06:49 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

**my opinion**

g13 -- crap
Barney's -- crap
Green house -- I'd never support them..most strains are crap.  SLH seems to have proved to be an exception.

The last one(s) I haven't heard of.

Two suggestions going down your list...don't buy a strain based on an appealing name, and don't spend an huge amount of money on seeds for your first grow. I wouldn't spend more than two or three dollars/seed for genetics for your first grow. 

A $30 pack of seeds from Cannacopia or Dynasty Seeds(Professor P)  (just an example) that come from proven genetics and honest breeders will give you better results than a pack of overpriced seeds with a catchy name and shady lineage from a fly-by-night breeder.  Like any other aspect of your grow, doing research (like, searches and reading..not just putting up a bunch of threads) before sinking in money will benefit you in the long run.  You'll likely spend months growing the product of these seeds..it's worth a couple days of research now IMO. 

If you can't find detailed parental information and pictures, as well as actual test grows of the hybrid/line, then my advice would be to stay away.  Soo many honest breeders out do it right..I just hate seeing these pollen-chucking "breeders getting paid. 

--------------------
I used to grow pot.  I still do grow pot, but I used to grow it too.
*Seedsharer*
You got my cheez whiz, boy?

Edited by Angus (01/03/13 07:03 PM)

Offlinecannabis_seeds
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: looking for some input on some seed breaders if they are decent or not [Re: Mrshroom]
    #653619 - 01/03/13 06:57 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I've heard from people on a different forum who claim to have first-hand experience with THC Bomb that it's exactly as described by the breeder.

Some have grown it out - others have purchased finished product from a dispensary.

Either way, they were all very happy with it except for one person who wasn't exactly unhappy, but they were a little overwhelmed by the final effect.

--------------------
Cannabis Seeds| Delivered discreetly WORLD WIDE!

Cannabis seeds | Buy Marijuana Seeds from the #1 UK Online Store

Follow us on twitter for special offers on premium beans.

Check our Gorilla Seeds Blog for the latest news.

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: looking for some input on some seed breaders if they are decent or not [Re: Angus]
    #653688 - 01/04/13 02:01 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Angus said:
**my opinion**

g13 -- crap
Barney's -- crap
Green house -- I'd never support them..most strains are crap.  SLH seems to have proved to be an exception.

The last one(s) I haven't heard of.

Two suggestions going down your list...don't buy a strain based on an appealing name, and don't spend an huge amount of money on seeds for your first grow. I wouldn't spend more than two or three dollars/seed for genetics for your first grow. 

A $30 pack of seeds from Cannacopia or Dynasty Seeds(Professor P)  (just an example) that come from proven genetics and honest breeders will give you better results than a pack of overpriced seeds with a catchy name and shady lineage from a fly-by-night breeder.  Like any other aspect of your grow, doing research (like, searches and reading..not just putting up a bunch of threads) before sinking in money will benefit you in the long run.  You'll likely spend months growing the product of these seeds..it's worth a couple days of research now IMO. 

If you can't find detailed parental information and pictures, as well as actual test grows of the hybrid/line, then my advice would be to stay away.  Soo many honest breeders out do it right..I just hate seeing these pollen-chucking "breeders getting paid. 

I was not picking out these strains because of there name. I was looking for flavor, high thc%.. And a few people told me of these strains that they were good.. those people never grew them. So that was why I am asking on the quality of these seed breeders.

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Middle east coast
    #653691 - 01/04/13 02:26 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Didn't say you necessarily were..just some general advice.  I was certainly guilty of it the first time I bought commercial seeds; perusing catalogs and reading awesome names and mouth-watering descriptions.  I realized when I got the seeds that I didn't really even know what I had purchased.  Nowadays it is even worse with 95% of commercial seeds being poly-hybrid 'mutts' all composed of the same small handful of original parental cultivars, with the same genes being endlessly mixed and remixed and named and renamed by an eternal stream of self-proclaimed "breeders"  (How's that for a run-on sentence? :smile:

Buying cannabis seeds should be no different than buying tomato or pepper or any other kind of seeds.  If I was just starting out growing tomatoes I'd probably grow an inexpensive, proven, heirloom variety and not splurge on the fancy, expensive hybrids until I had a strong working knowledge of tomato horticulture. 

That's the point I was trying to make.  Not trying to berate you for your choice of seed; sorry if it came off that way.

Edit: Also, you can pretty much ignore any "THC %" given by a 'breeder'/seed retailer.  Flowering time is a similar deal.  For most of the 'breeders' of the type you mention in your OP, you can go ahead and add a week or more for full ripeness. There's honest breeders out there for sure...but, again, they are in the 5% of seed sellers.  On the subject, "height" and "grams per meter" are both meaningless and, to me, are red alerts to a shady 'breeder'. Both are completely dependent on conditions (vegetative time and available light, respectively).  Early-flowering stretch (in terms of 2x, 3x etc.) or relative yield (average, low, high etc) would be helpful.

I wouldn't buy any strain without 1) Knowing the exact lineage. 2) Seeing pics of the of parents (at the very least the mother). 3)Seeing multiple test grows.  These are the things you should look for whenever you're purchasing new genetics...especially for the first time.

--------------------
I used to grow pot.  I still do grow pot, but I used to grow it too.
*Seedsharer*
You got my cheez whiz, boy?

Edited by Angus (01/04/13 02:39 PM)

OfflineeLeSDenes
Stranger
    #654343 - 01/08/13 01:27 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

barney's , greenhouse is a piece of shit.
if you want proper genetics buy from Sensi seeds.
they have the best genetics. Most of the good seed banks got their seeds from sensi.
and if you take my advice do not buy feminized and autoflowering strains. they are shit

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck