Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Loc: Florida
here's a good question, I don't know if this is the right place for this
    #64547 - 06/23/08 12:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

what did people do back in the day before we had indoor growing and airtight seals and shit....

before all that, people had to get cannabis in the fall or spring, people weren't addicted to it back then? how did they smoke all year?

no one knows? well.. if you find out, let me know, i'm just curious as shit

move this to a better forum if you see fit

but i think knowing something like this might be vital to cannabis cultivators who want to grow outdoors

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: here's a good question, I don't know if this is the right place for this [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #64553 - 06/23/08 12:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sure that it was just dried very well, like tobacco. I'm sure potency wasn't nowhere near how it can be today as a result. Anyways, I'm sure it was just completely dried. They just grew enough to have until next season, like any crop.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: here's a good question, I don't know if this is the right place for this [Re: Sirius]
    #64558 - 06/23/08 01:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

lol god damn

dried? roflmao

yeah, about as much so as possible

but you're implying that it COULD be preserved for until another season? then how would they preserve it?

huh... :shrug:

without the need to sell, most of that herb probably resinated as long as possible, so maybe before it was dry it was very potent

i've noticed a lot of common chronic just doesn't have a 6 week resination or whatever, i'm guessing dealers mostly need money more than a good growing reputation

not i blame them, i wouldn't be concerned about money if i was concerned with quality, and vice versa

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: here's a good question, I don't know if this is the right place for this [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #64615 - 06/23/08 04:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

6 week resination? are you trying to refer to curing?

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: here's a good question, I don't know if this is the right place for this [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #64660 - 06/23/08 05:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

no, I mean after this plant grows buds, you wait 6 weeks to harvest the buds so the plant will resinate. ??? sorry if i'm bad with these terms

the last one i grew i left the buds resinating for 5 weeks and it came out awesome! i've heard you can resinate the buds for 8 weeks, but i don't know when it starts to deteriorate so i'm going to kick it up to 6 and hope it works.

i think every plant is different but i have no idea

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
    #64685 - 06/23/08 05:18 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
i have no idea

Very true.

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
people weren't addicted to it back then?

News flash!  Cannabis IS NOT addictive.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #64690 - 06/23/08 05:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
no, I mean after this plant grows buds, you wait 6 weeks to harvest the buds so the plant will resinate. ??? sorry if i'm bad with these terms

the last one i grew i left the buds resinating for 5 weeks and it came out awesome! i've heard you can resinate the buds for 8 weeks, but i don't know when it starts to deteriorate so i'm going to kick it up to 6 and hope it works.

i think every plant is different but i have no idea

wtf is resinating?  Are you just referring to the normal flowering process?  8 weeks (56 days) is a common flowering cycle for indicas.  If you were harvesting your plants after 5 weeks of 12/12 you were harvesting really early.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: here's a good question, I don't know if this is the right place for this [Re: coda]
    #64866 - 06/23/08 10:13 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

damn, I must have had a really good strain then, LMAO, it was like sticking to my fingers, i had to almost pull it off

jeez, so 8 weeks and this thing would've been a cannabis cup winner!

hanky, i'd say something about your drug ridden appearances and 5 year old attitude, but the truth is i've already had a ban warning, it doesn't seem you have

cannabis isn't addictive but that's a term i use for it because lmao people would be feinding for that shit if they couldn't get it for another 6 months or whatnot

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #65119 - 06/24/08 09:04 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

damn, I must have had a really good strain then, LMAO, it was like sticking to my fingers, i had to almost pull it off

:shrug: if it came from good genetics and you managed to take decent care of it, then that's a pretty common thing.  Even if your plant was covered in trichs at 35 days, your plants are not mature(ripe) enough to harvest.  The resin glands haven't matured and at that stage, it's possible that you still have some developing trichs left on your buds.  You also cut the plants life off before the buds have time to swell which drastically reduces your yield as well.

Quote:

jeez, so 8 weeks and this thing would've been a cannabis cup winner!

i wouldn't go that far :wink:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: here's a good question, I don't know if this is the right place for this [Re: coda]
    #65170 - 06/24/08 11:07 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

lol

well, you never know man

anyway, i'm trying to do this outdoor thing, i'd be better off with a gardner of a farmer helping me figure out weather problems and watering and shit then a cannabis grow guide

but whatever, it's the same shit

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

#65741 - 06/25/08 06:50 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:

hanky, i'd say something about your drug ridden appearances and 5 year old attitude.

Please do, you have my permission to say whatever you wish.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: here's a good question, I don't know if this is the right place for this [Re: Hanky]
    #65745 - 06/25/08 08:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

He doesn't have mine. :lol:

Let's keep the discussion on the topic. :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblebeatyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: 512/atx
    #65774 - 06/25/08 11:01 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

post hanky pic asap

--------------------
this is me on a bar, 3 methrolls (up 4 days), ketamine, and some good acid two years ago.

Offlinezippo420
Male

#65776 - 06/25/08 11:10 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
what did people do back in the day before we had indoor growing and airtight seals and shit....

before all that, people had to get cannabis in the fall or spring, people weren't addicted to it back then? how did they smoke all year?

no one knows? well.. if you find out, let me know, i'm just curious as shit

move this to a better forum if you see fit

but i think knowing something like this might be vital to cannabis cultivators who want to grow outdoors

People used to import it from Mexico or Jamaica, same way it's done today. Dried herbs stay good in jars for a very long time as long as it isnt opened often.  100 years ago people mostly made hash bricks to store for a long time or to put in medicines.

Do I win a prize>?

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: here's a good question, I don't know if this is the right place for this [Re: zippo420]
    #66776 - 06/26/08 02:58 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yeah

hash does mold though :P I`ve smoked slightly moldy hash :frown:

It all depends how long ago and what area your talking about.

In Asia they probably just smoked opium. In the middle east they had hash.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Re: here's a good question, I don't know if this is the right place for this [Re: Sirius]
    #67334 - 06/27/08 07:57 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:

Let's keep the discussion on the topic. :wink:

It's a bit hard to keep this guys threads on topic when they make so little sense in the first place.  :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck