Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male
Loc: Florida
here's a good question, what is the flowering rate of ruderalis?
    #43548 - 05/30/08 02:02 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

what is the deal with ruderalis? if I were to grow pure ruderalis, what is the rate of flowering plants in all year conditions?

and the ones that don't flower, will they flower extremely early like in the end of june/beginning of august.

once ruderalis flowers, it doesn't stop either because of the autoflowering gene, right? or if so, it'll stop flowering in early or late May or something, right?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
Re: here's a good question, what is the flowering rate of ruderalis? [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #43552 - 05/30/08 02:24 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

auto flowering means you dont have to go to 12/12 to induce flowering, the plants grow only so high and flower automatically.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

Offlinetoken
toke king
Male

Re: here's a good question, what is the flowering rate of ruderalis? [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #43578 - 05/30/08 05:10 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
what is the deal with ruderalis? if I were to grow pure ruderalis, what is the rate of flowering plants in all year conditions?

and the ones that don't flower, will they flower extremely early like in the end of june/beginning of august.

once ruderalis flowers, it doesn't stop either because of the autoflowering gene, right? or if so, it'll stop flowering in early or late May or something, right?

who cares

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: here's a good question, what is the flowering rate of ruderalis? [Re: token]
    #43580 - 05/30/08 05:14 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

token said:
who cares

If you don't have anything constructive to add to the discussion please refrain from posting. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #43581 - 05/30/08 05:16 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:

I found this from cannabis culture:

Quote:

Ruderalis is described as a near-wild or feral sub-species of cannabis. All the sub-species, sativa, indica and ruderalis, readily interbreed. Ruderalis is characterized by autoflowering--it produces flowers along the stems and branches based on life cycle rather than light regimen. Ruderalis is found along the northern plateaus of Russia and the countries to its east.

Outdoors, ruderalis plant continues to flower throughout its development, and produces colas and buds in late August, near the end of its traditional short growing season. The problem with ruderalis and with its hybrids and most ruderalis backcrosses to other varieties is that the buds don't ripen. The stigmas turn brown but the ovary behind them doesn't swell. The "high" from pure ruderalis plants is more like a buzz that could become a headache, but the crosses sometimes produce respectable highs.

I don't think it would stop flowering before it dies. What's your interest in growing pure ruderalis? :smile:

Also, I wonder where you would find pure ruderalis seeds... I know Sensi Seeds has a ruderalis indica cross, one with a sativa, and one crossed with skunk... :strokebeard:

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male
Re: here's a good question, what is the flowering rate of ruderalis? [Re: Sirius]
    #43585 - 05/30/08 05:41 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

no, I don't want pure ruderalis, I'm just trying to gain information on the species. What I'm looking for is one of the crosses, I just wanted to know the stability. I know with crosses, they don't all autoflower, since the genes aren't pure ruderalis, I was wondering though if the flowering time was still easily stimulated since I'm sure ruderalis is easily stimulated, I think they should make a lowryder version of everything.

maybe some wouldn't come out as nice, but maybe some would. I want to grow wild herb all year round in the forest! forest weed! just a fucking acre you know? growing wild, I'll just go out and remove the males, and try and selectively pollenate, I live next to a jungle, I could do it!

free weed for me, no more spending, you know?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
    #43591 - 05/30/08 05:59 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
I was wondering though if the flowering time was still easily stimulated since I'm sure ruderalis is easily stimulated,

No, Ruderalis doesn't flower due to outside stimulus and therefore cant be stimulated to flower, that's the whole point of autoflowering is that it will flower regardless of stimulus.

You way missed the whole point.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #43657 - 05/30/08 09:20 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
no, I don't want pure ruderalis, I'm just trying to gain information on the species. What I'm looking for is one of the crosses, I just wanted to know the stability. I know with crosses, they don't all autoflower, since the genes aren't pure ruderalis

A percentage of the phenotypes might not autoflower, but you could selectively breed the ones that do and then keep propagating those ones.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male
Re: here's a good question, what is the flowering rate of ruderalis? [Re: Sirius]
    #43911 - 05/30/08 08:23 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

that's what I was trying to ask though, the ones that don't retain the autoflowering genes, what happens to them? they retain their original flowering times?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #43919 - 05/30/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I couldn't answer that but later on when I have some more time I'll try to see what information I can come across. Clearly flowering would be induced by photo-period since the auto-flowering gene is not being expressed in those phenotypes, so the only real question is how long the plant would need to finish flowering, which would depend on the size and nature of the plant.

--------------------

Offlineerb
 User Gallery

#44519 - 05/31/08 10:51 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The ones that don't auto flower will be a mix of the parental genes..some early, some later.

The only way you'll know what percentage you'll get, is to grow them out and see.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom