Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Have autoflower strains progressed to the point where they're worth the money?
    #705472 - 01/08/14 11:14 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Since Amendment 64 passed here in Colorado It's now legal to grow in an enclosed, locking space. Thankfully I have a greenhouse in my backyard that locks so I'm thinking about popping some plants in this summer to see what happens. I was thinking about running some Autoflower seeds so they'll be flowering in mid-June or July, but last I checked (like 4 years ago) autoflower strains were basically junk. The heat of mid-summer flowering creates fluffy, lame buds with terrible yields. Would I be better off just throwing some real clones out there in June and letting it veg and flower until october?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Have autoflower strains progressed to the point where they're worth the money? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #705490 - 01/08/14 12:17 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

They aren't junk anymore.  Even Magash is starting to do some breeding with them.  I don't have any recommendations though.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Have autoflower strains progressed to the point where they're worth the money? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #705494 - 01/08/14 12:26 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

The variations in the breeders claims is so vast I can't decide what to believe. Barney's Farm alone has two different strains, says one will yield 15-20 grams per plant and the other strain says upwards of 200 grams per plant. Seems to me that if both those numbers were actually true then the first strain should be tossed in the dumpster and never spoken of again.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Have autoflower strains progressed to the point where they're worth the money? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #705498 - 01/08/14 12:44 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Chat with magash about it.  I wouldn't believe the second claim.  Sounds like a huge load of horse shit.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Have autoflower strains progressed to the point where they're worth the money? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #705547 - 01/08/14 03:18 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Well I just grew out some autos. Started 10 reg. seeds,5 were female.

I did nothing to stress them that I know of and three I only got like a 1/4 but
the other 2 were like a 1/4 just on the top spike!

The finished smoke was killer put me to bed!!

:stayfunky:

They were my first autos to grow, Can wait to start some more!!!!!!!!!

They were Mags :thumbup:

I would put reg. clones in the green house they will get way bigger I think.

Edited by budgrowerwannabe (01/08/14 03:20 PM)

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Have autoflower strains progressed to the point where they're worth the money? [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #705548 - 01/08/14 03:32 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Ive grown 2 and have another one going right now. All Sagamartha Seeds AK48. Smoke is great, yield was pretty shitty. I wont grow any again unless they're freebies...I like to be able to clone my plants.

The only real benefit that I can see is they finish faster and you can grow them just about anywhere without worrying about light leaks.

--------------------
:firecum:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Have autoflower strains progressed to the point where they're worth the money? [Re: bEelzeBosS] * 1
    #705563 - 01/08/14 04:46 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I'd say that the 200 gram claims are pretty much false.

My strain (which I'm just getting started on they are still F1s) is in the 1/4 to 1/2 oz per plant area.

This is a small bud from it that was manicured with my fingers so it looks a little rough. Pretty hard to tell the potency from a non-auto strain. In other-words if I didn't tell ya you wouldn't know.

I recommend them for people just starting their gardens. Grow them next to the vegging plants. Just about the time you are ready to flower or to take cuttings or put the cuttings you have just taken into flowering you are harvesting the auto's. This will help to keep you from picking at the non-auto plants as they flower. Don't pretend like we all don't know the pick and nuke routine from back in the day. :crazy2:

:happyweed:

Invisiblenight trainV
Male

Loc: Midwest, US
Re: Have autoflower strains progressed to the point where they're worth the money? [Re: Magash]
    #705617 - 01/08/14 07:24 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Don't pretend like we all don't know the pick and nuke routine from back in the day. :crazy2:

:happyweed:

:thumbup:

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #705618 - 01/08/14 07:31 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
The heat of mid-summer flowering creates fluffy, lame buds with terrible yields. Would I be better off just throwing some real clones out there in June and letting it veg and flower until october?

Is your greenhouse small enough to throw a tarp over? You could force flower with some photo period plants in the spring time when temps aren't quite as high. Autos would be even better to do since you wouldn't have to fuck with a tarp every day. Why not pull 2 harvests out of that greenhouse and do autos in the spring and photo's in the fall?

I'm putting up a small 10' x 20' greenhouse this spring. If all goes well it'll be filled with magash's maneater :vaped:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Have autoflower strains progressed to the point where they're worth the money? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #705661 - 01/08/14 09:09 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
The heat of mid-summer flowering creates fluffy, lame buds with terrible yields. Would I be better off just throwing some real clones out there in June and letting it veg and flower until october?

Is your greenhouse small enough to throw a tarp over? You could force flower with some photo period plants in the spring time when temps aren't quite as high. Autos would be even better to do since you wouldn't have to fuck with a tarp every day. Why not pull 2 harvests out of that greenhouse and do autos in the spring and photo's in the fall?

I'm putting up a small 10' x 20' greenhouse this spring. If all goes well it'll be filled with magash's maneater :vaped:

That's sort of what I was thinking. I want to get a harvest out of it, but I don't want to wait until september or october for that. Plus my greenhouse is very small so vegging a plant in there all summer is basically just silly, so an auto harvest in like june or july and then some photo plants for the fall is exactly why I was asking! But I suppose I could also grow a photo plant all summer and just LST the ever loving fuck out of it so it's the bushiest, low to the ground fucker of all time.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #708443 - 01/19/14 08:50 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Alright so after some thought I've decided it might be fun to give some autoflowers a try! Anyone have any recommendations on which strains are the best? Perhaps I should head over to one of the bigger sites and read some reviews...

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#708452 - 01/19/14 09:44 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Ive grown three autos, 2 Sagarmartha AK48's and 1 that I forgot was an auto until just now...Delicious Seeds Northern Light Blue. The AK48 was really good smoke but the yields were very small. The Northern Light Blue was really good smoke too, tasted amazing and smelled like Blueberries. Yield was a lot better, I got close to a zip dry under CFL's for the majority of its life.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Have autoflower strains progressed to the point where they're worth the money? [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #708457 - 01/19/14 10:22 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Was that a zip per plant or a zip from all the plants combined?

--------------------

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#708459 - 01/19/14 10:50 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

A zip from one Northern Light Blue plant. I just weighed and jarred it today actually...26 grams right now. I guess it may lose a little more weight while it cures, but not much. Smells amazing and puts me on my ass. It grew extremely fast too. I don't think I let it go long enough but I need the space. The buds probably could have grown even more.

The AK48 autos only gave me about a quarter-half a piece.

--------------------

Edited by bEelzeBosS (01/19/14 10:55 AM)

Offlinefunnyfart
Strangler
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Have autoflower strains progressed to the point where they're worth the money? [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #708474 - 01/19/14 12:01 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I'm thought to grow some auto's this year... only think I can't figure out is:
I read that auto's don't like root bounding, but I want them to grow a little bit inside till they are big enough for outdoor..:shrug:
maybe put them in a big pot so they have enough room and them put them outside when they are about 15 cm high?!

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #708475 - 01/19/14 12:02 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

That's actually a pretty good quantity for an autoflower I would think. What was the total time from seed to harvest? How big did it get, and did you take any pics?

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

#708479 - 01/19/14 12:09 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I got some auto widow beans on the way :thumbup:

I was a lil disappointed when i found out its pointless to clone them.  :mad:

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

#708489 - 01/19/14 12:29 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
That's actually a pretty good quantity for an autoflower I would think. What was the total time from seed to harvest? How big did it get, and did you take any pics?

No pics sorry. I can take one of the final harvested product if you want. I let it go for around 65 days (that could be off, I just recently started keeping a good log) from seed in a 3.5 gallon bucket using FFOF and it got around 3 ft tall.  Lots of long branches with lots of buds. It was growing under CFL's until the last two weeks it was under a 400w hps. I really wish I could have let it go longer, most of the pistols had turned but there were still quite a few toward the bottom of the plant that weren't ready.

Quote:

P-O said:

I was a lil disappointed when i found out its pointless to clone them.  :mad:

Yeah it sucks. I didnt even know my NLB was an auto until after I had already cloned it because it was a free gift that wasn't tagged as auto. The clones grew some big colas though.

--------------------

Edited by bEelzeBosS (01/19/14 12:37 PM)

InvisibleP-O

#708494 - 01/19/14 12:41 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

so the clones will flower at the same time as the mom, no matter what?  kinda wild that the clones can go into flowering that fast.

I can see why seed banks like selling autos.....

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: Have autoflower strains progressed to the point where they're worth the money? [Re: P-O]
    #708498 - 01/19/14 12:45 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
so the clones will flower at the same time as the mom, no matter what?  kinda wild that the clones can go into flowering that fast.

I can see why seed banks like selling autos.....

Yep mine did. In fact they started flowering 3 days after I clipped them, same exact time as the mom. They still rooted though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom