Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male
Loc: Florida
this is a general marijuana cultivation question
    #43007 - 05/29/08 04:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

so I figured this'd be the right place to post this. I know a good time to harvest your post is when you start to see the pistils turn red. Here's a good question though, apparently you can wait a little longer, the buds will develop a high cannabinoid to thc rate and produce a stonier a high. There's a point where the buds will start to deteriorate and the thc will start to oxidise, so you know when this is? I'd like to try a full length budding one year. I have some juicy fruit seeds, and saw a picture of some juicy fruit that was harvested after 52 days, and it was better than any juicy fruit I'VE EVER seen! this is great, does anyone know how to tell when to STOP?!

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: this is a general marijuana cultivation question [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #43019 - 05/29/08 04:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
so I figured this'd be the right place to post this. I know a good time to harvest your post is when you start to see the pistils turn red. Here's a good question though, apparently you can wait a little longer, the buds will develop a high cannabinoid to thc rate and produce a stonier a high. There's a point where the buds will start to deteriorate and the thc will start to oxidise, so you know when this is?

Yes. :smile: I wouldn't worry about trying to gauge when to harvest by the color of the pistils; this can be pretty strain-dependent. A strain like Matanuska Tundra, for example, may tend to maintain white pistils throughout. The best thing to do is to get some sort of magnifying glass and take a look at the trichomes. At first they are clear, then they will start to turn cloudy/milky, and then an amber color, which I think is basically the point when you'll want to harvest. Of course, when exactly to harvest is personal preference - like you said, other cannabinoids will have a higher percentage as more trichomes are amber as the THC degrades into them, so it will kind of depend on what type of high you are looking for. Once the trichomes begin to cloud over, there isn't any more THC being produced really.

An idea too for when you are harvesting is that you could prune off the top sections of the plant when they are ready and allow the lower branches a little more time for the trichomes to become more amber as well.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck