Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

Re: Marijunana Propogation Question [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #192214 - 02/04/09 12:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

and in addition to what you said dr. p, you can take clones of clones of clones of clones, with no issues (at least as far as i've gone which is 5-6 times taking a clone of a clone)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#192219 - 02/04/09 12:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dr. Penguin said:

Now no system is perfect, but in practice, a mother plant will continue to produce fantastic clones for it's entire life span without any mutation or degraded performance.

I think we all understand this... but we're excluding mothers.  Its like doing perpetual harvest, but the clones are taken from clones... then the next set of clones come from the clones you have... that way those with med cards dont have to use a plant that they can have with a mother, you throw it in to be one more bud bearer...

OfflineNibin

#192222 - 02/04/09 01:30 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dr. Penguin said:
Lol, this is a long conversation with no answer. May I step in? I am a plant biology grad student and deal with this sort of question every day.

Senesence in fungi and animals (related to age) is very different than in plants (where it is related to the cycle of loosing leaves based on environmental factors) , so lets get rid of the term for now.

Nibin was spot on when he described the DNA repair mechanisms in plants as related to their age. Unlike most organisms, plant cells will not stop dividing after a certain number of divisions which is what causes genetic aging in in these other organisms. What this means is that under perfect conditions plants can age indefinitely.

Now no system is perfect, but in practice, a mother plant will continue to produce fantastic clones for it's entire life span without any mutation or degraded performance.

High five Penguin!!

I'm an agricultural engineering student. Lots and lots of plant physiology for me :grin:

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Marijunana Propogation Question [Re: Nibin]
    #192231 - 02/04/09 02:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology here.

we should all go start a farm/country together somewhere.

:yesnod:

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Marijunana Propogation Question [Re: Yrat]
    #192235 - 02/04/09 02:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Yrat said:
biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology here.

we should all go start a farm/country together somewhere.

:yesnod:

I'm down for a commune.

Btw, I :heart: biology.
(What type of RNA is responsible for ribosomal recognition of initiation codons in mRNA?)

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#192250 - 02/04/09 04:16 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

is that a trick question?  ribosomes recognize and interact with mRNA, for protein synthesis, not DNA.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Marijunana Propogation Question [Re: Yrat]
    #192282 - 02/04/09 06:32 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, whatever guys. I do know this. I have mothers from the early 90s that are putting out buds just like they did then. Sensi seeds has mother plants that are over 25 years old.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineKine

Re: Marijunana Propogation Question [Re: Magash]
    #192498 - 02/05/09 01:36 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Ok, whatever guys. I do know this. I have mothers from the early 90s that are putting out buds just like they did then. Sensi seeds has mother plants that are over 25 years old.

So do you have a 25th or older generation plant though?  That will end this conversation once and for all.  Its been proven a mother can provide awesome perfect clones for years.

So tell me this; do you have a plant growing right now that was a clone, of a clone, of a clone, of a clone, of a clone, of the mother?  IE Growing a cutting from that mother for a year... taking a clone from that plant, let it grow for a year, then taken a cutting from the clone that was taken from the clone from the mother.

Thats where i think things CAN, but dont always screw up...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck