Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJohn Francis
Stranger

BANKSTER BUCKETS - 50kW Experimetal Low pressure Aeroponic Grow w/ water cooling, RO
    #640752 - 10/17/12 03:07 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Bare with me. I've been busy and I apologize. I am posting pictures of the 'first run' today.

I had some issues - improper drainage in the buckets, nute issues, minor mold, and PH issues which reduced my yield. In addition, it took way too long to set up. However - it's mostly  done - I've got rocks in the buckets and proper PH meters with proper probes, so this run will be better. Pics "soon".

If you didn't see the original thread:

BANKSTER BUCKETS
I'm using a modular top-fed bucket system fed by dual pressurized feedlines from remote reservoirs. The buckets are elevated and drain through corrugated tubing into ABS piping, which returns the water to the reservoirs. There are two pumps per reservoir. Each pump pressurizes one main feedline. There is one 1/4" minor feedline for each bucket from each main feedline. Each minor feedline feeds two sprayers. One system could run one bucket or 100 buckets (depending on pump/line size), and you can arrange them however you want. I am currently running a maximum of 30 buckets using two 2200gph submersible sump pumps (60x 0.06mm sprayers per pump).

I'll hopefully explain a bit more later, with pictures.

-------------

MOTIVATION:

Fractional Reserve Banking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional_reserve_banking
^^ Main factor in the cause of the current 'recession', inflated home prices, ludicrous bank profits, and inflation in general. The government no longer creates inflation by creating cash/money - the banks create it instead, through debt.

Example in a hypothetical micro economy:
  John deposits $100 in the Bank.
  The Bank keeps 5% on reserve, and loans $95 to Sally.
  (John now has $100, Sally has $95, and the economy has $195. Bank has $5 cash.)

As a result, the value of the currency has depreciated, inflation will result, and if John decides to withdraw more than $5 from his bank account, his bank will need a temporary "bailout" from the Taxpayers.

Fortunately for the economy, there's a $1 daily withdrawal limit at the bank - so John decides to write a check or use a card instead - prolonging the collapse another day.

The urgent problem? Our politicians dream our banks had a 5% reserve ratio. It's actually less than 1%
(This theoretical scenario ignores debts unpaid and interest/bank profits on those debts, for simplicity of explaining the concept of Fractional Reserve Banking)

This is why we have the Boom and Bust cycle. This is far from the first time in history that this practice has decimated an empire.
This MUST be dealt with, and in addition, the US Gov must stop borrowing from the Federal Reserve. There must not be interest paid to private entities for money that is printed by the Federal Government.

The Government, not the Banks, must be in control of inflation. The creation of 'money' must be the task of the Federal Government, not the Banksters.

---Read, vote left, get involved.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJohn Francis
Stranger

Re: BANKSTER BUCKETS - 50kW Experimetal Low pressure Aeroponic Grow w/ water cooling, RO [Re: John Francis]
    #640753 - 10/17/12 03:08 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Pics of first run... sorry about the quality and lack of organization.
There will be more, and there should be organization and explanation.

OfflineJohn Francis
Stranger

Re: BANKSTER BUCKETS - 50kW Experimetal Low pressure Aeroponic Grow w/ water cooling, RO [Re: John Francis]
    #640755 - 10/17/12 03:28 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineJohn Francis
Stranger

#640757 - 10/17/12 03:42 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for your patience... Next time I won't be so long.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #640763 - 10/17/12 06:04 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I like where this is going....

--------------------

Invisiblereshark
Hey man

Re: BANKSTER BUCKETS - 50kW Experimetal Low pressure Aeroponic Grow w/ water cooling, RO [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #645092 - 11/10/12 12:07 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

That's a lot of weed.

OfflinePoloDown
Stranger Danger

Re: BANKSTER BUCKETS - 50kW Experimetal Low pressure Aeroponic Grow w/ water cooling, RO [Re: reshark]
    #645572 - 11/12/12 10:18 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

got plants?

OfflineJohn Francis
Stranger

Re: BANKSTER BUCKETS - 50kW Experimetal Low pressure Aeroponic Grow w/ water cooling, RO [Re: PoloDown]
    #646666 - 11/18/12 01:36 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

This is still an in-progress system. I've just about got it tweaked. Drainage and nutes greatly improved this round.

I'm having severe issues with lumen shock causing bleaching and occasionally dried fan leaves.

What should I be feeding more (or less) of, in veg, to increase drought resistance?

I'm going to start using a combination of spectrums, rather than MH exclusively for veg and HPS for flower, but that won't help me with the current set that is suffering.

I still have to get my C02 going, which is supposed to help. It's 90% there, but I've got a lot of airflow going out of the room, so I'm not sure how much the C02 levels will be boosted.

----
Props to Obama for getting reelected ... and leaving Israel to defend itself. Good luck fighting in the House...

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #646667 - 11/18/12 01:41 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Silica supplements.  Botanicaire used to have one.  I'm not sure who's putting them out now.

I'm confused, you have 90% what?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineJohn Francis
Stranger

Re: BANKSTER BUCKETS - 50kW Experimetal Low pressure Aeroponic Grow w/ water cooling, RO [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #648449 - 11/28/12 02:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The CO2 was 90% set up.

It's running now.

Everything is growing real nice... nutes are good, PH is good, CO2 is on.

There's a lot of airflow, so I'm not sure what the CO2 PPM is, but I've got a meter on the way. It's certainly under 1300ppm, because that's the cutoff, and it never cuts off.

I'm using a greenhouse relay from CO2meter.com, which runs a 24v solenoid valve, which controls the flow of cold water into a "tankless water heater". The tankless water heater removes the heat (to drain) and is ducted into the room. I've got it on a timer, so it runs for up to 30 mins and then shuts off for 15 mins.

The good news is that I'm finally able to turn my lights up to 1kw. The last run, they were on 600w because they kept bleaching (light burn) and burning the plants (nute deficiencies). I presume this was mostly due to the nutrient issues, but I think the CO2 certainly helps, as I live in an area with especially low CO2 levels, and the light burn was especially apparent this round, due to lack of reduced nute issues.

Question for the experienced... I had some lower leaves display nitrogen deficiency on certain plants. I corrected it, and left them on at the time, since nitrogen is mobile and I figured they may still draw from the leaves ... however, it has been some time and the leaves never regained their "green". Should they be removed or left as a "buffer"?

I'll take some more pictures soon... showing the progress, and letting everyone see how I've assembled things. I've been neglecting my log due to the pressures of setup, maintenance, and bureaucracy, but I hope to be more active online this winter and spring.

Edited by John Francis (11/28/12 02:59 PM)

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

Re: BANKSTER BUCKETS - 50kW Experimetal Low pressure Aeroponic Grow w/ water cooling, RO [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #648519 - 11/28/12 09:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Silica supplements.  Botanicaire used to have one.  I'm not sure who's putting them out now.

I think that they are calling it Silica Blast.

I am using Botanicaire and have some.

JD

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: BANKSTER BUCKETS - 50kW Experimetal Low pressure Aeroponic Grow w/ water cooling, RO [Re: Javadog]
    #648554 - 11/29/12 01:23 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

My shop told me that Botanicaire discontinued Silica Blast

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

#648558 - 11/29/12 01:51 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Wow....hmmmm.

They still appear to be selling it online, but this might be a stale webpage.

I got it from a local grow shop.  I will ask them if it has been discontinued,
and will likely grab an additional bottle if it has been.

Take care,

JD

Edited by Javadog (11/29/12 01:54 AM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: BANKSTER BUCKETS - 50kW Experimetal Low pressure Aeroponic Grow w/ water cooling, RO [Re: Javadog]
    #648559 - 11/29/12 01:57 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I know some other company is making one similar.  Just can't remember what it's called at the moment.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

#648560 - 11/29/12 02:11 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

LOL, when you do, then please do post it.

SB is one of the safer additives that I am using, at least from what
my limited studies have indicated.

Thanks,

JD

OfflineJohn Francis
Stranger

#648985 - 12/02/12 01:11 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm going to make a  point of getting some basic explanatory images up here before tax season/end of the year.

I'm using Agsil 16H (cheap, google it), at .3g / 4L. Potassium silicate.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck