Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Loc: Florida
a question for growers
    #62889 - 06/21/08 08:08 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

how difficult would you consider cannabis to grow?

I have another question, i've heard hops are really similar to cannabis, I want to try and grow something that is almost the same thing, so that I wont screw this up. If i grow hops(where do I get those anyway?) will they be almost the same? will it take only so much water to kill them? and will they grow slowly, and take in a lot of nutrients on the other hand?

if i could grow something, i'd want to grow a cannabis clone plant without thc, so i'd know this shit like the back of my hand. Alright, thanks
how difficult you would say growing cannabis is?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (06/21/08 08:05 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: a question for growers [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #62929 - 06/21/08 10:14 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
how difficult would you consider cannabis to grow?

Man, you put seed in dirt, then give them water and light. It's pretty easy- if you can grow houseplants, you can grow herb.

As for hops- why start with something that isn't weed? Get some bagseeds, grow those if you want to try without spending money.

And I'll probably get some flamage for this, but... Miracle Grow Moisture Control worked for me.

--------------------
MistaUNGA said:
be sure to slap a sticker on there and take a pic, cuz otherwise it didn't happen!

Offlinenumonk

Loc: Back! From the digestive ...
Re: a question for growers [Re: Dr_T]
    #62973 - 06/21/08 11:46 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Why flamage for Miracle Grow?

If the shit works for you, then it works for you. Enough said.

~Monk

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: a question for growers [Re: numonk]
    #62980 - 06/21/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

what is miracle grow moisture control?

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #63062 - 06/21/08 01:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

a mass produced soil from the miracle gro company.  The main problem with most MG soils is that they contain time release fertilizers which van, and will, fuck over your grow.  Plenty of people grow in MG soil, it's certainly not the best choice, but it can work as long as you get the right soil.

Growing herb is easy in the sense of just planting and letting it grow.  Growing top notch, quality, cannabis takes some practice.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineGanoderma
Re: a question for growers [Re: coda]
    #63070 - 06/21/08 01:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Growing herb is easy in the sense of just planting and letting it grow.  Growing top notch, quality, cannabis takes some practice.

totally.  i have grown a lto of pot before outside, and it was like growing a....??? i guess dandelion was a good comparison.  but to get indoor stuff good quality seems to take a fair bit of research and possibly trial/error....this whole indoor bit has thrown me for a bit of a loop!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: a question for growers [Re: Ganoderma]
    #63076 - 06/21/08 02:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

this whole indoor bit has thrown me for a bit of a loop!

Rome wasn't built in a day my friend.  IMO the best thing a newbie cultivator can do for his first few grows is to just learn the basics, learn how the plant grows, and learn how to control the plants environment.  Things like achieving the best possible yield, and growing the most resinous buds, should be put aside.  Besides, if you just concentrate in the beginning on producing healthy and happy plants, a decent yield and some nice smoke will still be a reward at the end.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

#63373 - 06/21/08 10:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
what is miracle grow moisture control?

It's a combination potting soil/mushroom casing mix. Comes in bags at WM.

--------------------
MistaUNGA said:
be sure to slap a sticker on there and take a pic, cuz otherwise it didn't happen!

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: a question for growers [Re: coda]
    #63401 - 06/21/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

this whole indoor bit has thrown me for a bit of a loop!

Rome wasn't built in a day my friend.  IMO the best thing a newbie cultivator can do for his first few grows is to just learn the basics, learn how the plant grows, and learn how to control the plants environment.  Things like achieving the best possible yield, and growing the most resinous buds, should be put aside.  Besides, if you just concentrate in the beginning on producing healthy and happy plants, a decent yield and some nice smoke will still be a reward at the end.

that's strange, for me it's the opposite

i've found that to get good bud you just have to give it water and sun and fertilizer and have the patience to wait long enough for it to resinate

for me getting it grow was the hardest part, seems like a slow mover

i don't know:shrug:

but i wish i did

maybe if i understood why our opinions differed on that i'd figure something out.....:shrug:[

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #63627 - 06/22/08 06:37 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think his opinion differs from yours on that. What he is saying is that for those who are beginning to grow, its best to just start growing and learn to give it good, basic care, like what you described as giving it water, sun, nutrients, and being patient..... His point is that its best to get a good feel for that before one really focused on maximizing growth and production by focusing on optimizing all aspects of the process. You might have found that you can get good bud with a good general approach like that, but to really reap the most potential, one has to take a specific, detailed, advanced approach to everything. Regulating CO2 levels optimally, providing optimal root temperature/aeration, all kinds of stuff. There's a difference. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: a question for growers [Re: Sirius]
    #63938 - 06/22/08 07:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i've heard respiration goes a long ways, a plant, even one with tons of sugar and nitrogen and nutrients, can only grow so much, because apparently a large part of it's growth factor is in respiration. Is this what you're referring to with co2 regulation? how do you regulated co2? and can you do this outdoors? or does it have to be inside.

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #64027 - 06/22/08 08:10 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Iamasmoker said:
i've heard respiration goes a long ways, a plant, even one with tons of sugar and nitrogen and nutrients, can only grow so much, because apparently a large part of it's growth factor is in respiration.

Yes, respiration is a huge factor in plant growth and productivity of yield. Part of what he's meaning when he mentions the difference is providing the right conditions for something like respiration to occur optimally, so there is nothing but the genetic limitation that the plant would have. The environment needs to be perfect for the plant in every way to achieve that. With something like respiration, as you've brought it up, is that temperature and humidity are things that need to be fine-tuned for respiration - they are forces that work to draw water out of the plant. Thus, once you have these forces in the optimal state for the plant, you'd have to look towards other limiting factors and eliminate them. If more water is being forced to leave the plant through respiration, then the water in the plant that is being released has to come from somewhere. Things like thickness of stem and the healthiness and the expanse of the root system would be factors that could limit respiration from occurring in an optimal manner. The plant acts as a wick that the environment uses to pull moisture through from the soil. Nutrients for the plant to use thus come with the water as well, so the best watering and feeding techniques are a factor that could limit optimal respiration from occurring as well. Any limits on respiration would subsequently limit photosynthesize, limiting the effectiveness of the plant's usage of the light you are providing. Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. :grin:

Quote:

Is this what you're referring to with co2 regulation?

Yes, respiration takes in that CO2 for usage in photosynthesis, so, its a factor, like temperature and humidity, that could potentially limit optimal respiration.

Quote:

how do you regulated co2?

The release of CO2 into the air. :wink:

Quote:

and can you do this outdoors? or does it have to be inside.

It would definitely be easier to control indoors, but it occurs naturally outdoors and the ways this happens could be used to one's advantage outdoors. Choosing the best location would probably be the most effective approach - wind patterns, other vegetation, topography, etc.

--------------------

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

Re: a question for growers [Re: Sirius]
    #64086 - 06/22/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

does wind go such a long ass ways?

also, a lot of sun/light goes a long ass ways as well, right?

cannabis seems kind of hard to burn with sun/dry out

and since it takes so little watering, and can conserve itself for such a long time

it seems it'd be useful to have as much light as possible pouring on, so you can add more water/nutrients

i don't know

lol i'm desperate to try and get this shit to grow, but what can I say, when you grow outdoors, your racing against time

if I was smart, i'd buy an estate, and make a miny greenhouse, i'd keep a plant outside when lighting was for vegetation, and flower the plants inside, then when outdoor light turned into flowering, move the plants from the inside out, and the mother plant in, and turn on a big light on the inside with the shutters always open I guess

lol oh well that's why i'm an idiot and the expert is the guy who gets my money to smoke:shrug:

smoking never seemed so expensive, until I got older and realized it's hard to pay for at the same time your paying to live even food and gas drains you who can afford weed

:shrug:

I'm thinking of starting a closet grow, but damn, then I have to keep the mother seperate, what a god damn pain, LOL

there's got to be an easier way to smoke

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male

#64088 - 06/22/08 09:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

that's why i'm trying to figure out how it survives in the wild, at such a slow growth rate, how does it compete with everything else?

i guess survival of the fittest.. god, it's frusterating!:crankey:

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

is gay as f**k

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix