Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Geokills---> followup on sticker idea
    #621641 - 05/06/12 03:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Geo

Hey man, I had an idea for the sticker's that I wanted to run by you and see what you thought.

I was thinking that members would be assigned an ID# (maybe just their account registration #) , and could write these on the stickers before we post them up places, and that way we could keep track of which members were using the stickers to effectively bring in more traffic/ new members

Then maybe offer small prizes (supporter account, t-shirt, or something) to the top 3-5 people who recruit the most newbsters

I will do any and all of the work that is required to set-up the program. I know I would need some moderator/ admin help to get the referral info but I dont mind keeping track of them/ assigning ID's to members or whatever needs to be done

I think this could end up being a very successful recruiting campaign. I could see our traffic doubling easily. The places I will put some on campus alone will bring us lots of new people.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: Geokills---> followup on sticker idea [Re: Picklez] * 2
    #621654 - 05/06/12 03:35 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well I felt the need to post my opinion here as stated in TSL.
Quote:

Stoneth said:
I myself don't like this idea.
It sounds to much like a pissing contest, or a mine's bigger than yours something of that nature.

This whole event was the community acting to build the community.
We should all be happy just watching the membership rise.
It was never about money, or who knows more people, or lives in a higher pupulated area.

We just want the community to grow, that alone should be enough reward.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Geokills---> followup on sticker idea [Re: Stoneth]
    #621656 - 05/06/12 03:42 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I replied in TSL but

I guess I am confused to why you feel offering a 200$ cash prize to someone for simply designing the sticker was a "good idea." But my idea of offering a supporter account and other small prizes to the members who actually go out and use these stickers for the purpose they were designed for is a "bad idea."

So there should be no contest involving the stickers and recruiting new members?

I dont care either way, as I stated in TSL, I have been around forever and of course I will do my part regardless of whether or not there is any kind of reward involved. Anyone who knows me knows how much I care about this community and this website.

I just thought it would be a good idea that would provide incentive to everyone to get involved in the recruiting

But in your's and hawk's eyes, everything single thing I say is wrong/ retarded. Regardless of how much you dislike me, you should be open-minded enough to realize that my idea is an excellent idea to help grow this community which at the end of the day is a business.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Re: Geokills---> followup on sticker idea [Re: Picklez] * 2
    #621657 - 05/06/12 03:55 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Why pay the designer?  Shit Homes they don't work for free, if it wasn't for the cash offer we would have lost 75% of the entries.  Most of which haven't returned since the end of teh contest.

But this rewarding members for bringing members is nothing more than the point system I was against months ago.

WeRE looking for members like you, who want to be here, and the community is it's own reward.

That's just my opinion, no disrespect intended.

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #621658 - 05/06/12 04:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

No disrespect taken

Just the way you said, most of the people who participated in that only did so for the money and havent returned.

This is my point with the recruiting contest as well. To get people who normally wouldnt help recruit new members to try and participate to try and earn a supporter account.

Or maybe we could just make it a participation thing where as long as you recruit at least 1 new member, you get 3 free months of supporter account. This might even encourage some members to pay to renew their supporter account after the free one expires.

I guess I dont see any real negative that could come from this. I am against any kind of big prize or cash reward but something small just to show that the site admins appreciate the work and dedication that the members have for this place and our willingness to help the site grow. People you and I have been here since Day 1 and are a big reason this place continues to exist. The OG's are really who keep this place from dying

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Geokills---> followup on sticker idea [Re: Picklez]
    #621730 - 05/07/12 12:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I can see the merits to the proposed idea, though to be implemented efficiently, we would need to include a referral ID field on the registration page.  I'm sure that wouldn't be too difficult, and I would be happy to offer supporter account rewards for members who refer others... though it wouldn't be a 1-for-1 reward system.  Probably more like, 10 referral points = 3 month supporter account.  20 referral points = Pack of stickers.  50 referral points = T-shirt or something along those lines.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Geokills---> followup on sticker idea [Re: geokills]
    #621734 - 05/07/12 12:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
I can see the merits to the proposed idea, though to be implemented efficiently, we would need to include a referral ID field on the registration page.  I'm sure that wouldn't be too difficult, and I would be happy to offer supporter account rewards for members who refer others... though it wouldn't be a 1-for-1 reward system.  Probably more like, 10 referral points = 3 month supporter account.  20 referral points = Pack of stickers.  50 referral points = T-shirt or something along those lines.

That's exactly what I was thinking.. I didnt even consider the registration page needing to be edited to allow for that field.

It seems like it would be simple enough to implement..  Use the ID# already assigned to each account

If there is any kind of work that needs to be done, I have no problem shouldering that load since this was my idea. Although I cant think of what use I could be

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #621785 - 05/07/12 07:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I know how much you hate my WAF threads but I think you know that I have this forum's best interest at mind. Just want to see this place become what I know it can be

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #621808 - 05/08/12 12:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I understand the incentive factor behind your idea, but I believe we have enough regulars on the forums that would happily slap up a bunch of stickers around just for the sole fact that they love the site and want to help it grow.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
Re: Geokills---> followup on sticker idea [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk] * 1
    #622044 - 05/09/12 11:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

indeed.

i would purchase stickers in bulk if i could afford it and plaster them all over the place or hand them out to random people just for the hell of it.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Geokills---> followup on sticker idea [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #622206 - 05/11/12 01:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well I'm placing an order of a thousand of em.  We'll see how fast they go and then place another.  I'll let ya'll know when they get in.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Geokills---> followup on sticker idea [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #622220 - 05/11/12 03:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Nice hawk! Thanks again for being the one who organized and coughed up the money for things. Both you and Stoney

I will be coming into a little money this August and have no problem throwing 40-50$ towards the next promotion/contest

:thumbup:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

#622221 - 05/11/12 03:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Please don't forget Kaptkid helped out as well.

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #622222 - 05/11/12 03:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yes and the Kapt :yesnod:

User Gallery

#622233 - 05/11/12 07:13 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
Please don't forget Kaptkid helped out as well.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleP-O

#622247 - 05/11/12 08:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

so how do i get 50 stickers?  paypal u some coin?

User Gallery

Re: Geokills---> followup on sticker idea [Re: P-O] * 1
    #622476 - 05/13/12 07:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I'll make an announcement when the stickers get to me and let everyone know cost etc.  I'd prefer not to have to make a shit ton of trips to the post office, so I'll probably do weekly runs.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #622493 - 05/13/12 09:48 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Will there be indigent packages available? :tongue:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #624339 - 05/24/12 08:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

ATTN Geokills: Post I made in TSL, would like your opinion on this referral program.. If we can actually go through with it

---------------------------------------------------

Thank you to Hawks, Stoney, and everyone else who participated in the contest to get these stickers designed, made, and distributed.

As Hawks gets ready to start sending them out, I was thinking we should try and monitor the effect these stickers have.

By this, I mean that we have a "sticker day" or "sticker weekend," where once the first batch of stickers is sent out, we all go out the same weekend and distribute our stickers in the locations we choose

I am going to re-address a convo I had with Geokills about the possibility of referral points that can be used towards free supporter accounts.

With this "sticker weekend," it would allow us to essentially have a national media campaign and sit back and see what kind of effects it has. See exactly how much traffic increases from this campaign.

What do ya'll think? Your personalized code or "referral code," is your member number. I.E  mine would be #39. This needs to be handwritten on stickers in order for you to participate in the referral rewards program

InvisibleP-O

#624465 - 05/25/12 01:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

you shouldn't have took "killer" off your name

Edited by P-O (05/25/12 07:30 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies