Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Question: [Re: geokills]
    #25709 - 05/11/08 12:38 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i hope you choose good mods. and i'd like to take this time to tell you that i really enjoy the site, particularly the growing forums. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
Re: Question: [Re: highasfuck]
    #25746 - 05/11/08 06:26 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thor said:We'll see how it goes, I've rather enjoyed the forum so far, the scat is a bit much, but midgets, naked fat guys, pop cans coming out of asses, tranny's, etc.. All quality stuff.

Then Geokills decides...

Quote:

Geokills said:
Refrain from posting "shock" images that the majority of society would find hideous or disturbing.
Note: If posted in the context of a serious discussion, this rule can be flexible.

I find it reprehensible that you spend a week or more travailing around mexico and your home state then come and decide to change the established rules when you had NO idea of how the forums had been running.

It's also convenient that you decided to to single me out for the ban, carrying a rather large grudge aren't you.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

InvisibleSativus
Brosef Knecht
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Question: [Re: Hanky]
    #25800 - 05/11/08 10:55 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I have to agree there. 

It also seems to have been a consensus among posters and mods thus far that making personal attacks on other posters is 100% ok (as long as it's more-or-less in good fun)... except for a single incident (out of several times that it's happened) where a sexual-preference-insensitive remark was used.  I know there's no flaming in the pub, but the smokers lounge folks seem a lot more casual about flaming one another... it just isn't a big deal to us, and hasn't been a big deal to mods so far (as far as I can tell).

I'm fine playing by Pub rules if that's what's going to fly here, but the posted guidelines seem to run in a very different direction than the moderation and posting here :shrug:

--------------------
Bufotenin
PiHKAL|TiHKAL|PCPiHKAL
Rhodium|Wetdreams|Synthetikal
DMT Extraction Overview|Jungle Spice
I Discovered the Oakridge Strain

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Question: [Re: Hanky]
    #25859 - 05/11/08 12:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hanky, you're just not as important to me as you seem to think (though I cannot deny the feel of this thorn in my side :wink: ).  I have banned quite a few members before I banned you, and no doubt will ban quite a few others after having banned you. Relax.

Sativus, I would tend to believe that the reason people may be so casual about flaming each other here is that the majority of existing and active members on this site have no doubt stemmed from the Shroomery's off-topic sections which are often rife with such behavior.  Let us also not forget that we did not import our ban list from the Shroomery, so members who have been restrited from accessing our other site (for good cause), are free to register here.  One theory would have it that the void of fresh members here has created a space populated by the Shroomery's most abraisive and disgruntled former members.  As I stated in Post #25292, "be mindful that we are attempting to attract a diverse new population to the Growery", and that will be facilitated through an inviting and friendly forum - not a forum full of immature and insulting discourse.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
    #25910 - 05/11/08 12:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

....basically, its "dont scare away new comers". All of us here from the shroomery, and some new heads that are accepting of our b/s and all in good fun drudgery are all good and fine with the way we talk, and post, and call others out, bcuz we KNOW its all in good fun, but i can imagine the stuff we post on a daily diet is stuff that would turn a large majority of new users away...

Please give us and individual forum that we can continue on about the bullshit, make it invite only, who cares, just give us the freedoms that we would like, and we will continue to help build a new communtity here at the growery.

i have a feeling tho, that if said forum is provided, the majority of us, and majority of posts will be in that forum, giving those who are really tryin to make this a knowledgeable site about marijuana(mods and such)more of an oppurtunity to focus on forming this site, and less on breaking us for posting pooooooop!

ya dig?

i do.

aloha
peacelove, Just Me

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
    #26254 - 05/11/08 03:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Hanky, you're just not as important to me as you seem to think (though I cannot deny the feel of this thorn in my side :wink: ).  I have banned quite a few members before I banned you, and no doubt will ban quite a few others after having banned you. Relax.

Sativus, I would tend to believe that the reason people may be so casual about flaming each other here is that the majority of existing and active members on this site have no doubt stemmed from the Shroomery's off-topic sections which are often rife with such behavior.  Let us also not forget that we did not import our ban list from the Shroomery, so members who have been restrited from accessing our other site (for good cause), are free to register here.  One theory would have it that the void of fresh members here has created a space populated by the Shroomery's most abraisive and disgruntled former members.  As I stated in Post #25292, "be mindful that we are attempting to attract a diverse new population to the Growery", and that will be facilitated through an inviting and friendly forum - not a forum full of immature and insulting discourse.

Zeig Heil!

While I'm contributing to your cult forums how about you try giving me a break?

You seem hell bent on turning the smoke lounge in to The Pub V2.0 and so far seem to be getting your own way.  Are you an only child by any chance?

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Question: [Re: andyistic]
    #27506 - 05/12/08 02:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
This thread is done.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag