Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSativus
Brosef Knecht
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Question: [Re: just me]
    #22813 - 05/08/08 02:26 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Seriously? You've never seen the man with the elastic asshole?

On a more serious note though, I recall someone also got a breif ban for calling someone a faggot. And yet we are apparently free to banter the N-word about as we please. We're not demanding that mods write us up some clear rules to follow, we're just asking for a little leniency until everyone figures out more or less where the lines are drawn.

--------------------
Bufotenin
PiHKAL|TiHKAL|PCPiHKAL
Rhodium|Wetdreams|Synthetikal
DMT Extraction Overview|Jungle Spice
I Discovered the Oakridge Strain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSativus
Brosef Knecht
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #22931 - 05/08/08 06:22 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

andyistic said:
Quote:

Anno said:
The exact rules are going to crystallize themselves over time, just not today, and probably not this week. But they will eventually, since the relaxed approach that geokills suggested in the sticky thread in the Lounge  obviously and sadly doesn't work.

But Geo's proposed relaxation of the rules would work if the administration weren't so quick to punish users for doing something they had not known was against the rules at the time it was done.

So give us a warning for such infractions next time, before going all the way and banning us for said infraction, which we did not know was an infraction until afterwards.

Quote:

just me said:
and with such a small community here, its very noticable and kinda sadning when they go...

These quotes pretty much sum up how I feel.  I don't care if there's going to be another "uncensored" forum.  I don't care if the Lounge ends up following Pub rules.  But as long as we're going by geokill's proposal, I think it would work a lot better with warnings than bans for the moment.

Free Hanky! :protest:

--------------------
Bufotenin
PiHKAL|TiHKAL|PCPiHKAL
Rhodium|Wetdreams|Synthetikal
DMT Extraction Overview|Jungle Spice
I Discovered the Oakridge Strain

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
Re: Question: [Re: Sativus]
    #22955 - 05/08/08 06:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

:protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest:

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
Re: Question: [Re: Anno]
    #23087 - 05/08/08 09:44 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anno said:

I can't speak for all the admins here, but personaly I am sick of people coming and DEMANDING things in a forum.
You don't have the right to demand anything on a privately owned forum. Get this in your head!

While it is a privilege for us to post here the inverse is also true, a forum is only ever as good as it's members no matter how good the admins might be a fancy coding and making rules. No members = no forum.

To think otherwise is to treat the members with contempt. Get that into your head, Anno.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

InvisibledrSE
Pseudo Reality
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twighlight Zone
Re: Question: [Re: andyistic]
    #23125 - 05/08/08 09:57 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

andyistic said:
Quote:

Anno said:
>Because of this, I am still uncertain where the lines are drawn.

If you want to stay on the safe side, go with eh Shroomery's pub rules.

So you're saying that we should assume that the Lounge adopts the
Pub's rules in order to post in there and not worry about bannage?

Then would it be too much trouble to give us a sister forum that would
allow some of us to have more freedom, similar to Anything Goes,
but without the inclusion of posting PM's, personal info, or sources?

If you like, you can add some security provisions to it such as making it invite-only,
or having it accessible only to those who actively agree to a disclaimer,
(clicking a checkbox, for example), etc.

We should be allowed to post whatever we want (scat, shock images, etc.)
as long as others don't complain about it.
I'm not saying I want to do this, I'm just saying I want to be able
to do this should some situation arise where I find that doing so would be humorous.

Anyways, please give this some consideration, then get back to me.

Thanks again.

i do like the invite only forum idea though.

2 cents

--------------------
Grow Room

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question: [Re: drSE]
    #23129 - 05/08/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

drSE said:
i do like the invite only forum idea though.

2 cents

:thumbup:

Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
    #23292 - 05/08/08 11:34 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Andy how are you not a mod? You clearly pay more attention to this site than any of the other mods. And your quite well informed in the way of the Growery. And not to mention your post count.

Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Lot
Re: Question: [Re: highasfuck]
    #23293 - 05/08/08 11:34 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

They're not ready to pick out new mods just yet.

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#23299 - 05/08/08 11:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

its mine motha fucka!

--------------------

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
Re: Question: [Re: Picklez]
    #23306 - 05/08/08 11:41 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

There shouldn't be a need for a second social forum.

If the minority of admins that seem to need to do lightning raids handing out weird and inconsistent bans could just learn to show some restraint and allow the new forum to develop its own distinct culture instead of disturbing the dynamics and confusing the members.

So far the Smoke lounge has run very smoothly for all concerned and I just cant understand the mentality of some of those with ban sticks that just cant help using them despite obvious evidence that the forum as a whole is running well.

One social forum with limited moderation should be ample. ie: Just as it has been running since it opened minus the few inconsistent bans.

Installing the Pub rules by default is a simplistic no brainer solution that defies the purpose of having a separate weed site to begin with.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question: [Re: Hanky]
    #23308 - 05/08/08 11:43 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
There shouldn't be a need for a second social forum.

If the minority of admins that seem to need to do lightning raids handing out weird and inconsistent bans could just learn to show some restraint and allow the new forum to develop its own distinct culture instead of disturbing the dynamics and confusing the members.

So far the Smoke lounge has run very smoothly for all concerned and I just cant understand the mentality of some of those with ban sticks that just cant help using them despite obvious evidence that the forum as a whole is running well.

One social forum with limited moderation should be ample. ie: Just as it has been running since it opened minus the few inconsistent bans.

Installing the Pub rules by default is a simplistic no brainer solution that defies the purpose of having a separate weed site to begin with.

I agree but it also depends on whether the moderators are acting on their own or if other members are reporting the posts as being offensive. Im quite enjoying the current theme of the smoking lounge but thats not to say all other members are?

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#23317 - 05/08/08 11:51 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

alright guys, dont get me wrong, im ANTI bam happy mods, but i was reading an ancient thread from shroomery today from like 2003:

it was roadkill tellin magash he had to delete a pic of something, cuz someone else threatened to sue the site bcuz he was using his product(somethin along those lines)

i know this isnt the SAME situation, but its similar. i think theyre protecting the site, from outsiders tryin to shut it down...:shrug:...maybe, idk, it just struck me as conincidental stubling upon that today, and realizing there are ppl out there that really could sue the admins bcuz of shit we post...

ANYWAY, back to the argument, IMMEDIATE BANNING is not the answer. all it does is piss off the posters, and gives the site a bad rep for being a nazi site...im sure any of the ppl banned so far would have taken heed to a PM warning and that wouldve been the end of it. to us, it seems like youre playin hitler a little bit and abusing your power...like a cop sayin "you dont like it tough, im the law"

blahblahblah

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Question: [Re: Ombient]
    #25292 - 05/10/08 08:11 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Omni said:

It's not that big of a deal man, if you want to post fetus corpses & scat then there's OTD.

That's really all there is to it.  I don't want to see another OTD on this website, especially not in its infancy (maybe some kind of thunderdome forum can be brought about after the site has had time to grow into its own).  While I of course appreciate Shroomery users migrating to the new website and participating here, please be mindful that we are attempting to attract a diverse new population to the Growery as well.  We don't want the Growery to be a carbon copy of the Shroomery, and for now I just don't think it is wise to be promoting offensive "Shroomery OTD" style posting here - and this is why if I see it, I'm not going to tolerate it.  If you want a place to post your shock images and whatever other disturbing subject matter you desire to discuss, you can do it over in the Shroomery's OTD forum

Quote:

Sativus said:
I agree things are pretty fine the way that they are.  But there do seem to be a lot of 2-5 day bans for things which weren't known to be bannable offenses. 

I hear what you're sayin' Sativus. I felt the short duration bans to be an effective way to get the message to stick with the end user.  I will take your concern under advisement however, and begin issuing warnings for first time offenses before banning people.  I guess I just got a little jaded 'cause it's always the same ol' shit from the same ol' people who just love an internet drama.  But your point has been taken, and I apologize for having been so quick to ban without prior warning (an admitted violation of my own protocol).

I hope that makes my position on the matter very clear.  This position may change over time as the site evolves, but for the time being, please just give me a break and play nice. :crazy2:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Question: [Re: geokills]
    #25297 - 05/10/08 08:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

We're not looking for Internet drama, at least, I'm not.

We're asking not to be banned for breaking rules we didn't know were in place.

If you want the Lounge to operate under the same rules as the Pub, then let us know this.
If you want us to have more flexibility, then show us where the borders are.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna think of more ideas to help expand this place.

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

#25312 - 05/10/08 08:34 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Fine. I have revised the Smoke Lounge's welcome thread to include the following:

Quote:

Please be advised that while we're pretty loose when it comes to the drudgery of prohibition and enforcement, we would like to foster a friendly environment for people from all walks of life to participate here.
  • Please use common sense and courtesy when posting.
    Keep things civil and don't go attacking other users.

• Refrain from posting "shock" images that the majority of society would find hideous or disturbing.
    Note: If posted in the context of a serious discussion, this rule can be flexible.

• Refrain from overt racism and racial slurs for the sake of being outrageous.
    Note: If posted in the context of a serious discussion, this rule can be flexible.

• When in doubt, send a Private Message to a moderator - or just don't post it!

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
    #25318 - 05/10/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yes - that will do nicely.
Thank you. :thumbup:

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

#25345 - 05/10/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

You're welcome. Please keep in mind that we are trying to wrap our head around all the suggestions, but to be frank, the Shroomery and Growery forums are often run in our spare time. This week has been quite busy for me as I've been road trippin' around the state (and Mexico) to catch some great music, but with any luck I'll have more time after this coming Tuesday to soak up the atmosphere around here and get back to beefing up content and perhaps even adding some new moderators. I do apologize for leavin' you all hanging, and we will make a more concerted effort to be active here. All I'm asking is that you cut a li'l slack if and when we're not around for a few days.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
    #25347 - 05/10/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I wish I had time to travel.
I'm way too busy to even leave the city.

One of these days, I'll get vacation time.
I'd love to try Rio. They must have some awesome rum down there.
We'll see ...

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25348 - 05/10/08 09:19 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

does this mean no more nigger joke thread? :crankey:

Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
    #25595 - 05/10/08 11:33 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Andy like to :poopbanana:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale