Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Seedling's leaves are growing fast, but turning bright green.
    #621845 - 05/08/12 03:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Should I up the fert a little? I have a very week fert from a grow shop, like 3-2-3 and I'm using it in half the dosage only according to the manual for seedlings. We are talking about a soilless mix (peat, hydroton pieces and verm). I'm also using a bit of root stimulator with phosphorus and algae extract, seems to help a lot because until now the seedling seemed very slow, but it is going to explode I feel.

Is it a good idea to even up the feeding to normal level with this low of nutes (means double the concentration)?

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seedling's leaves are growing fast, but turning bright green. (moved) [Re: sidetwist]
    #622197 - 05/11/12 12:57 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

This thread was moved from Hydroponic & Agroponics.

Reason:
Better fit in here.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seedling's leaves are growing fast, but turning bright green. (moved) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #622203 - 05/11/12 01:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

I know you are in soilless but fill out as best you can.  And pics are always super helpful.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: Seedling's leaves are growing fast, but turning bright green. (moved) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #622278 - 05/12/12 08:06 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

1) So. I'm growing from seed.
2) It's like three weeks since germination
3) She (hopefully) is 13 cm tall
4) Pint pot, will transplant it later
5) Soil mix no exact proportion. Clay granulate with peat and verm.
6) I water when necessary, I use tap water.
7) I downed the pH to just below six with a fine pH set and kitchen
  vinegar.
8) NPK ratio is 3-2-3. HESI TNT Complex (bottle says "for soil and coco, for growth, for motherplants and young plants")
9) What is foliar feeding?!?
10) I use a 150W MH. In the beginning before I bought this one I had two 11W CFLs on it. One neutral white, one true white.
11) Lights are one meter away. I'm growing in a little shelf, so the constraints will force me to scrog.
12) Space... the final frontier... approximately 2/3 m².
13) Temperature is early to mid nineties, humidity unknown, but I don't think it's too dry
14) Soil pH never checked...
15) No insect activity.
16) Other than regularly watering my room plant and helping my grandmother at the graveyard... none.

How it looks now: the lowest leaf pair is greening up now. they were a bit brigt green, now they are getting darker from the stem onwards.
The biggest problem I might have is that the main stem is very thin and gets thicker only in between the internodes.
Anyways, my initial problem will not be a problem for long.

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: Seedling's leaves are growing fast, but turning bright green. (moved) [Re: sidetwist]
    #622428 - 05/13/12 02:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

So right now it is growing faster every day, the lowest pair of leaves have slightly yellow tips.
But I'm worried because the lower stem is very thin in comparison to the stem further up in between internodes. I have built her a crutch from a wire, but what else can I do? I'd like to LST the plant, but does it work when the main stem is very thin? Is sitting it out the only way?

ANYBODY?

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Edited by sidetwist (05/13/12 02:57 PM)

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#622452 - 05/13/12 03:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

if the tips are starting to yellow and turn brown, you may be burning it if youre giving it nutrients. so lay off and just give it water. did you transfer it to a larger pot yet? and if so, what soil mix?

foliar feeding it mixing nutrients and water, and misting the plants leafs with the solution for more direct nutrient uptake.

the lower stem being thiner than the new top section is normal. my plants are 21 days old today and theyre doing the same thing. the lower part of the stem will thicken up and get super strong. just wait :smile:

my TNT kush was bending and falling over out of the rockwool for the first few weeks, then the stem got a bit stronger and its all on its own now. if you dont have a lot of air blowing at the plants, i would take off the support and let the plant go. if its falling a bit to one side, it will find the light and grow toward it, strengthening the stem.

3 weeks is WAY too early for any kind of training, IMO

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: Seedling's leaves are growing fast, but turning bright green. (moved) [Re: Pilze]
    #622525 - 05/14/12 10:48 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
if the tips are starting to yellow and turn brown, you may be burning it if youre giving it nutrients. so lay off and just give it water. did you transfer it to a larger pot yet? and if so, what soil mix?
  Uh no, I didn't. how do I see that it's time to do that?

foliar feeding it mixing nutrients and water, and misting the plants leafs with the solution for more direct nutrient uptake.

the lower stem being thiner than the new top section is normal. my plants are 21 days old today and theyre doing the same thing. the lower part of the stem will thicken up and get super strong. just wait :smile:
  Ok, that's good information

my TNT kush was bending and falling over out of the rockwool for the first few weeks, then the stem got a bit stronger and its all on its own now. if you dont have a lot of air blowing at the plants, i would take off the support and let the plant go. if its falling a bit to one side, it will find the light and grow toward it, strengthening the stem.
  Yes well I've got a fan blowing at it, don't know...

3 weeks is WAY too early for any kind of training, IMO
  Good, ok. So when do you do it? I thought the stem should still be flexible :stars:

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#622526 - 05/14/12 10:59 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

if you turn the pot upside and tap the bottom of it, the plant and soil should all come out together. the roots will be holding all of the soil together. depending on how many roots you see, youll know if you should transplant.

i might wait until its 4 weeks old to transplant just to be safe. but transplant it into something like 3-5 gallons to finish the plant in. the less you have to transplant the better.

is that the most recent picture of your plant?

let your plant sway a little bit in the wind. you dont have to undo the support completely, but just let the air move it around so the stem can build some strength to resist it. this helps get a nice strong stalk that will support the plant throughout its life, instead of needing something to hold it up straight so it doesnt fall over.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck