Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushrumours
Mushrumours

Loc: Level 5 Lit
On a Quest for the Ganja Queen.
    #598747 - 11/27/11 05:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I know that I am rather new to the growery, but I am an active member of the shroomery. Now I have made a decision to breed an old friend of mine.... MARY JANE. I am totally unaware about how to grow marijuana plants and would like assistance. I know I can learn how to grow by exploring online or reading a book. But I have other intentions. In my opinion, I would rather come to the growery for help and learn from those who are experienced and know what there talking about. Im trying to cut the bullshit. I have an indoor grow space and I am willing to put time, money, and effort into doing this if someone helps open the doors for me. Im trying to grow a pretty nice exotic plant, no reggie for me man. If theres anyone out there who could personally respond and help weather it be in this thread or a private message it would be much appreciated. Im generally just looking for a simple list of supplies, and instructions on what to do. thanks cuhzoo.

--------------------
Your mind is your worst enemy.  Never overthink.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewrestler_az
Male

Loc: behind you
Re: On a Quest for the Ganja Queen. [Re: Mushrumours]
    #598758 - 11/27/11 07:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

get this book

http://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Horticulture-Outdoor-Medical-Growers/dp/product-description/187882323X

read it a couple times.

this is the best advice i can give, as im pretty new to growing as well. but that book will answer a lot of your questions.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: On a Quest for the Ganja Queen. [Re: Mushrumours]
    #598759 - 11/27/11 07:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Supplies:

Grow medium (suggest soil for a first timer)
Lighting (a lot to consider here)
Seeds (buy feminized seeds online to get a guarantee)
Nutrients (also a lot of choices)
Ventilation (fans and what have you)

Those are the bare bones minimum. You might also want to invest in a ph tester (with ph up and down) and I'm sure I'm forgetting some other things. I suggest starting with Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil. That is a pretty accepted standard for prebagged soil, and not all that much more expensive than the alternatives. I also suggest the Fox Farms trio of grow nutrients...easy for a beginner, relatively cheap, and is very good at what it does.

Lighting, you'll want to shoot for about 150 watts of light per (large) plant. There are ways around this (training your plants, short veg time, etc), but I wouldn't stick more than 4 plants under a 150w personally. You can achieve sufficient lighting with CFL (compact fluorescent lighting) but many people prefer to switch over to HPS lighting during flower (high pressure sodium). Flowering is when your buds will be stacking and building, so its what people tend to invest more in.

Seeds...ugh, seeds. There are too many choices. I highly suggest Chronic by Serious Seeds. Its newbie friendly, easy to grow and produced one of my favorite smokes. I've heard bad reviews from others (here and elsewhere) but it really did good by me.

You will want to keep a constant circulation of air through your grow room...be it a large fan placed inside, or a few fans blowing exhaust and intake.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: On a Quest for the Ganja Queen. [Re: RasJeph]
    #598760 - 11/27/11 07:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

As for the growing, I'll try to give you the simplest most direct instructions I possibly can.

You're going to want to start out your seeds in the soil. You can soak them over night in a shotglass with a little water to soften them up, or just pop them directly in the soil. Dampen the soil but don't drench it. The soil should be moist. Plant it 1 inch deep (first joint in your finger). Place it under the lights (4 inches away for CFL, more for HID lighting) for at least 18 hours of light per day. Its very possible to just use 24/7, but you're going to need a timer for flowering anyway.

Within a few days, the seeds should be popping out of the soil. Don't over water - this is where many new growers fuck up. I'm not even sure how to tell you how to water.

After a week or so you'll want to give the plants a light feeding. Follow the nutrient schedule available to you online (just search your nutrient lines schedule). Follow that for a few weeks...

Then you switch the lights over to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark. Keep in mind that the dark needs to be DARK. No light leaks. The plant will stretch to almost double its height during flower. At this point, you start feeding the plant flowering nutrients (again, according to your schedule).

You'll want to look at your seeds estimated grow time (and generally add 2 weeks to it or so) and keep it growing.

Eventually you chop down the plant, trim off the leafs, dry the buds slowly over a week or two, put them in a glass jar and smoke smoke smoke.

That is the very basics...and I'm sure you'll have questions as you go. Just post and we'll do our best to answer.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#598761 - 11/27/11 07:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

One more post... apologies if that isn't very coherent. I'm fairly baked (7/10) and getting distracted by Always Sunny as I type lol.

--------------------

Offlineshagdawg420
spore hunter

#598769 - 11/27/11 09:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: On a Quest for the Ganja Queen. [Re: shagdawg420]
    #598917 - 11/29/11 12:01 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Great advice Rasjeph;  :2cents: paper towel method.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: On a Quest for the Ganja Queen. [Re: wire5]
    #598941 - 11/29/11 07:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

He'd better come back and read that  :crankynoweed:

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
    #598976 - 11/29/11 10:48 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Lawl, I'd be mad if he didn't too LOL.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: On a Quest for the Ganja Queen. [Re: wire5]
    #599029 - 11/29/11 07:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like someone needs to remind him on the damn shroomery lol.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder