Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewrestler_az
Male

Loc: behind you
god damn fucking mites!
    #597091 - 11/15/11 08:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

we first noticed the mites about a month ago and hit em hard with this stuff called take down garden spray, containing pyrethrins .01%. seemed to work like a charm. now we are getting ready to flower and they are back full force. ive been kind of busy with work and some other things, so i guess its mostly negligence on my part, at least the severity of the infestation anyway. should have stayed on top of them.

a couple of the plants got it bad enough to where i think we are just gonna scrap em. the others seem salvageable, planning on getting another bottle of the take down. should we keep them in veg until this mite thing is under control, or can we go ahead and put them into flower while we are taking care of it?

id like to get them into flower as weve been putting it off for a while as it is and they are getting pretty big. but if its a better idea to keep them in veg until we get rid of these mites, ill do it. any help here would be great...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOrgoneConclusion
Stranger
Re: god damn fucking mites! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #597099 - 11/15/11 09:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Whatever you do, bug bomb and clean the fuck out of your grow room and sterilize your equipment before your next grow.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #597113 - 11/16/11 12:01 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You wanna get serious and get rid of the problem?

You can use pyrethrins or neem or whatever garbage is out right now. Best you're gonna do is maybe keep the numbers down but if you want to get rid of the problem in one dose this is what you need.

http://www.growersupply.com/av8ozmi.html

Powerful stuff, one bottle will last the rest of your life.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinewrestler_az
Male

Re: god damn fucking mites! [Re: Magash]
    #597114 - 11/16/11 12:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

expensive too, wow. assuming i go this rout, is it safe to use on flowering plants?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #597348 - 11/17/11 06:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

No, it will kill mites for the next 48 days after you spray it. When you spray the top of the leaves the entire leaf it treated. In otherwords you don't have to spray the bottom of the leaves. The stuff doesn't move around in the plant but the parts you do spray are treated for the next 48 days. Not a systemic but a transslamanar.

The stuff is very strong. 1/4 of a teaspoon per gallon is all it takes. (and that is a strong mix)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinewrestler_az
Male

#597356 - 11/17/11 07:30 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

sounds nice, cant afford it at the moment though. probably have to wait till i get paid again next friday.

i did hit the room with a fogger from dr doom, and got another bottle of the take down garden spray. i hit them once with the spray after the fogger, now ill give it a few days and watch it them closely.

i also threw out the ones with the heaviest infestations, and wiped down room /equipment with a light bleach solution. maybe this will work... if not im goin for that avid.

ive decided to keep them in veg until i get the problem worked out. thinking once they are mite free for a couple weeks ill put them in flower. or should i wait longer, to be sure the mites are gone?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #597397 - 11/18/11 12:02 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

maybe this will work... if not im goin for that avid.

You'll be getting the avid. :wink:

Quote:

once they are mite free for a couple weeks ill put them in flower. or should i wait longer, to be sure the mites are gone?

A few weeks should be enough time.  :happyweed:

--------------------

Offlinenav
Stranger
    #597663 - 11/20/11 06:51 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you used the fogger with the plants in the room? I thought that stuff was not supposed to be used on edible plants or during flowering as it leaves a toxic residue on the buds.

maybe it will get us higher

Offlinewrestler_az
Male

Re: god damn fucking mites! [Re: nav]
    #597708 - 11/20/11 01:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

still in veg...

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
    #598096 - 11/22/11 09:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hate those damn mites. just battled them shits to the very end of my seed stock grow with a vacuum cleaner.  when that got chopped, i went nutso crazy cleaning that room. wiped everything down with bleach. when i put it all back together, i sprayed the shit out of the clones with floramite. similar to avid in effectiveness/price (and it's also an ovacide, so it kills eggs too). haven't seen any mite activity yet, and i hope it stays that way!!! got a 1 ounce bottle on ebay for like 20$ delivered

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

OfflineOrgoneConclusion
Stranger
Re: god damn fucking mites! [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #598104 - 11/22/11 10:33 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Amazing flowers! What strain?

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: god damn fucking mites! [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #599095 - 11/30/11 09:56 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The problem with using Dr. Doom foggers is that the fog excites the mites before killing them causing them to drop more eggs. Meaning in 3 to 7 days you will have a new population of mites. Just get the Avid like Magash rec commended. You won't be sorry.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Offlinewrestler_az
Male

Re: god damn fucking mites! [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #599115 - 11/30/11 12:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

maybe i got lucky, or maybe its too soon to tell... but there has been no trace of the spider mites for the past 11 days. i would really like to get the avid, and i do plan to... but right now my funds are in a really bad spot. i just gotta make do with what i can afford, ya know?

im going to get another bottle of the pyrethrin spray and give the plants a couple more treatments over the next few days. then im going to put them in flower, and hope for the best.

fingers crossed...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures