Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
Kratom
    #592043 - 10/13/11 04:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So I've dabbled with ridiculously over priced mediocre kratom extracts from head shops a few times, and even with it not being the best quality I thoroughly enjoyed the buzz. So I decided to order some, I got an ounce each of Green Malay, Green Riau, Borneo Red Vein, Sumatra Red Vein, and Sumatra White Vein.

I have a few questions for those of you that have used kratom...What are your personal preferences or favorites as far as "strains" go? What is your typical dosage range? And how frequently do you use kratom?

I just took 5g of the 'Sumatra White Vein" down the hatch as sort of a "baseline" test to get an idea of each strains potency. I plan on trying 5g at first for each strain, then going up or down in dosage accordingly. I also plan on mixing strains together once I get an idea of their characteristics.....It's only been 40 minutes since I took 5g of the "Sumatra white vein" and I'm already feeling fantastic, stimulated and focused mind with warm euphoria enveloping the body. Kratom gets me going like coffee but with a much more calm and focused mind, not so jittery/edgy. It gives me a HUGE physical energy and stamina boost, melts away my social anxiety, kills my depression, motivates me like nothing else, and all the while providing a nice fuzzy euphoric buzz. So it's like my anti-depressant, anti-anxiety, and coffee all in one...Not to mention keeps me from dabbling with more potent opiates.

Kratom is most definitely my new favorite plant, I put it up there on par with cannabis as far as how nicely balanced and how benign it is.

:shineon:

--------------------

Edited by openmind (10/13/11 04:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Kratom [Re: openmind]
    #592049 - 10/13/11 05:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i love kratom :heart:

my fav strain Borneo Red Vein.  very sedating and relaxing at 8 grams (my current fav. dose).

capsules > tea

Quote:

PostiveOutlook said:
I cap my own. easy, cheap, fast, and works....

+

=

:vaped:

for best results add.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: Kratom [Re: P-O]
    #592064 - 10/13/11 06:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

liquid extract of 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine is the beez kneez. I only roll with
liquid extract when it comes to kratom.

Plain leaf, isolate extracts, etc. don't get me anywhere near an opiate-like buzz. But the
liquid does. It's literally the best, except it's pricey. But it's only pricey for me,
because I have a ridiculous tolerance to opiates. And so I will go through 3 grams in a day.
Which is 1125mg of the alkaloids. 3 grams costs ~$150.

Not worth it IMO. But it might be for you. :shrug:

:2cents:

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Re: Kratom [Re: P-O]
    #592066 - 10/13/11 06:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PositiveOutlook said:
i love kratom :heart:

my fav strain Borneo Red Vein.  very sedating and relaxing at 8 grams (my current fav. dose).

capsules > tea

I have heard that the Borneo red vein (aka, "Bali") is pretty damn sedating, I'm going to try that one later tonight or tomorrow.

I've never bothered with making a tea, the tea doesn't seem like a very efficient method either. I just dump the kratom in my mouth then wash it down with a beer or OJ. The taste doesn't bother me, it's just a little hard to get down some times because of the gritty texture, but I've got a method down and I know how to control my gag reflex very well :smirk: .

But yea man, I absolutely love this plant. And weed, of course, has excellent synergy with it.

:stoner:

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Re: Kratom [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #592069 - 10/13/11 06:54 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:
liquid extract of 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine is the beez kneez. I only roll with
liquid extract when it comes to kratom.

Plain leaf, isolate extracts, etc. don't get me anywhere near an opiate-like buzz. But the
liquid does. It's literally the best, except it's pricey. But it's only pricey for me,
because I have a ridiculous tolerance to opiates. And so I will go through 3 grams in a day.
Which is 1125mg of the alkaloids. 3 grams costs ~$150.

Not worth it IMO. But it might be for you. :shrug:

:2cents:

So rather than being a "full spectrum extract" it's actually an "isolate" of 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine? At that point it's not really kratom any more :shrug:, but just an isolate of the two most prominent alkaloids in kratom.

From the research I've done and people I've talked to most people prefer plain leaf and say it's the most effective, so far I would agree (at least most effective for my self). All I have to compare it to, though, is some mediocre quality 15x extract. I got 5 ounces of powdered leaf for $35, which breaks down to $1 to $2 a dose.

The 5g I took over two hours ago is still going strong :awesome: .

:shineon:

--------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: Kratom [Re: openmind]
    #592077 - 10/13/11 07:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It's not the isolate extract.
Isolate extract comes in a powder form. I would say it's a super more concentrate form
though.

I mean I even ate around 5-10g of isolate powder, and it did nothing for me.

This liquid concentrate is far more superior to plain leaf, powders, etc.

But you are right, it's not kratom in a sense, but it contains the key active compounds in kratom.
It's like the laudanum of kratom.

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineFisherman
Stranger

Re: Kratom [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #592147 - 10/14/11 10:51 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hiya gais, ima looking for a seller who can ship kratom to europe, if anyone would like to be as kind as to send a pm :yesnod:

Positiveoutlook and openmind Id like to hear about your vendors especially, you have some interesting sounding strains.

And so, without further adieu!

InvisibleP-O

Re: Kratom [Re: Fisherman]
    #592161 - 10/14/11 12:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i went through 4 vendors till i found my favorite vendor...

:flame:

Edited by P-O (10/14/11 11:14 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf