Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOverDoseLiving
Stranger
My problem, the solution thats eluded me, and dying leaves everyday.,.
    #581649 - 08/28/11 02:54 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

At first i thought this was simple a MG shortage so i dosed them with one or two galllons with a teaspoon of MG salt in there about three times over a week. It seemed to help out a little, kinda slowed down the constant browning and dying of leaves that happens every day. I think it may be more than just that problem though, cause the leaves are ying faster than they grow! Its a big problem for one of the 3 epeciially because ll off the lower growth is now leaflless except for a little growth at the tips, and the inside of the plant is all leafless as well.. This problem really messed up this plant. Hopwfully someone thats more knowledgable than me can id the issues at play here.

Even though the mg seemed to help a little, i heard you can easily over do it, and i dont know the maximum safe aount of application so Ive just been using earth juice the past week. Before that i was using schultz cactus fert, superthrive, blood and water and purple axx intermiittently.. The earth juice seemed to green em up and get e to grow a bit again even though tey are super rootbound. but thy dying leaves hasnt stopped. They seem to dye overnight! Thanks in advance for any help!!

Sorry about the picture quality. My camera got stolen and so allls i got is a web cam :frown:.. Hope they can still do the job..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My problem, the solution thats eluded me, and dying leaves everyday.,. [Re: OverDoseLiving]
    #581656 - 08/28/11 03:04 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well if those are potted, you should flush the shit out of em with a mild nutrient solution.  VERY mild. 

Or repot too if they're that root bound.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: My problem, the solution thats eluded me, and dying leaves everyday.,. *DELETED* [Re: OverDoseLiving]
    #581668 - 08/28/11 03:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: d

Edited by wishcouldeletethis (08/28/11 03:42 PM)

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
Re: My problem, the solution thats eluded me, and dying leaves everyday.,. [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #581773 - 08/28/11 08:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

soil ph?

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: My problem, the solution thats eluded me, and dying leaves everyday.,. [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #581776 - 08/28/11 08:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Possibly.  This is why we like people to fill out the questionaire.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineOverDoseLiving
Stranger
Re: My problem, the solution thats eluded me, and dying leaves everyday.,. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #585125 - 09/10/11 12:19 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well ive been using 26ml of earth juice in a gallon about every 4 or 5 days now. I usually giive the three of them 2 gallons. I repotted one in a 5 gal a couple weeks ago but have yet to see a drastic improvement.. I think itll take a bit longer for the roots to bust out cause she was really really root bound.

Ive tried flushing before to no avail, in fact i think it killed a couple smaller ones :frown:. The way its going now I think I should increase the amount of ferts im using cause 3 tbsp per gallon seemed to help out, but sinc they have such a small root system I think they still arent getting enough. I think ill try 5 tbsp today on top of the regular dosage i gave em last night and see how that goes, along with repotting one with the remainder of the soil i have. Alot of it is recycled ffof tho, with a about one and a half coco bricks and some steer manure.. Even though it doesnt have much nutritional value, I think theyll appreciate the room to stretch out some new rooots..  Sine i have only a little soil, do you guys think the old bog reotting method where you just cut the bottom off your pot (or grow bag in this case) and bury it about 2" under a new pot of soil would be ideal? Do people still think thats a good method?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My problem, the solution thats eluded me, and dying leaves everyday.,. [Re: OverDoseLiving]
    #585135 - 09/10/11 12:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Do you bubble your earth juice for 24-48 hours before you adjust the pH and then feed? If not, then we just found your problem.

EJ is the worst shit, I swear.

--------------------

OfflineOverDoseLiving
Stranger
Re: My problem, the solution thats eluded me, and dying leaves everyday.,. [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #585138 - 09/10/11 12:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Really? I got it on a trade ;/.. i was just wingin it before that, and when i started using it stuff got better, er, slowed down..

I never bothered adjusting my PH, cause once i added my ferts, the ph was below 7.

Ive been meaning to get an airs tone and a tube for my aquarium pump. That was actually in the plans for today. im glad to hear you think thatll be an improvement. I was thinking that maybe they already "bubbled" the EJ cause it is all organic looking... I was also feeling like my soil was just dead. I think thats it, either that or hard water from using tap water.. That could be why flushing didnt help.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #585149 - 09/10/11 01:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yep, check it out sometime. Mix up your EJ and then test the pH, should say about 6 depending on your water source. Then run air through it for a full day and test it again, should say about 3.  Think about how much your plants love the H+ concentration increasing by 1,000x in a matter of 24 hours on their roots.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder