Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Leaves not lookin so good???
    #364820 - 02/15/10 04:13 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The two plants in the front sprouted 10 days ago. As you can see the plant on the left is having some trouble with its two biggest leaves, although now there not as big. This has all happened in like two days. Anyways whats wrong and what should I do?
Thanks
I just went back and answered your questions and realized I don't know much about what I'm doing lol. I do apologize, this is my first grow and im just tryin to learn

Hydro Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? seed
2. How old are your plants? 10 days in the front 2 days in the back
3. How tall are your plants? 3 and 1/2 inches
4. What type of hydro system are you using? aerogarden
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? the aerogarden comes with white tablets for nutrients, i have just used those
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? im not sure im new to growing
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? no idea
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?no idea
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? no idea
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? no idea
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? no idea i dont know how to check that
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? no
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") two 26 watts (not sure what kind its what came with aerogarden)
14. How close are your lights to the plants? 6.5 inches
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? maybe 1 foot
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?about 74 degrees not sure about humidity
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no
18. How much experience do you have growing? none
Also on the marijuana plant problem solver this seemed what was most like my problem

13) Leaves twist, then turn brown or die. >> The lights are too close to the plant. Rarely, a Calcium (Ca) or Boron (B) deficiency. b) If not… You may just have a weak plant.
The thing is I have moved my lights up twice since this started happened because this is what I had originally thought could be the problem. Plus my second plant is fine

Edited by screekrunner (02/15/10 04:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Leaves not lookin so good??? [Re: screekrunner]
    #364937 - 02/15/10 08:32 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I would say you have a problem with lack of food and an unbalanced PH.  Most likely your solution is too alkaline and your plant is not uptaking its food properly.  Invest the 6 bucks in a dropper PH test kit (found in the aquarium section, pool stores, hardware stores, etc), test your water, and adjust it with Ph Down if necessary.  I'd also invest in some nutes which were designed for cannabis, I highly doubt those pellets that come with your kit will work very well.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Re: Leaves not lookin so good??? [Re: coda]
    #365094 - 02/16/10 08:29 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So what nutriets would you suggest for an aerogarden?

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #365101 - 02/16/10 08:54 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

screekrunner said:
So what nutriets would you suggest for an aerogarden?

Any nutes tailored for hydroponics, just get something fast. General Hydroponics, Advanced Nutrients, Botanicare, Canna and Fox Farm are some brands you can't go wrong with.

Like Coda said you need a PH tester also, try to keep it around 5.8 during veg. Good luck, those can be nursed back to health quickly with some care.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Re: Leaves not lookin so good??? [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #365108 - 02/16/10 09:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks very much guys. One last question. Where can I buy hydroponic nutrients. What kind of store has stuff like that?

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #365187 - 02/16/10 12:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

screekrunner said:
Thanks very much guys. One last question. Where can I buy hydroponic nutrients. What kind of store has stuff like that?

Search local.google.com for "hydroponic store" or "indoor gardening store".

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Leaves not lookin so good??? [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #365347 - 02/16/10 03:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

206 said:
Quote:

screekrunner said:

Search local.google.com for "hydroponic store" or "indoor gardening store".

Good luck with that if you're in the south. Its 3 hours north or south from here for the nearest hydro stores. Three hours north the store is pretty sorry and I'm pretty sure watched by the cops. There was an "Accident Response" police car parked in the lot when I went last time with officers sitting in it. I haven't heard good things about the place(s) to the south of me either.

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#365350 - 02/16/10 03:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I actually searched and theres one right in my city. lol hopefully its not being watched though. I would be pretty mad if i got busted with a couple baby plants in an aerogarden lol

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#365764 - 02/16/10 10:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

They can't bust what they don't know about. grow safe. don't toss anything out, compost or burn your clippings and above all tell no one.

That's what everyone else says any ways.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Leaves not lookin so good??? [Re: pha3r0]
    #365832 - 02/16/10 11:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Police departments can't just watch you go into a hydro shop and then bust you.  It's not enough for them to get a warrant.  And from what I hear they don't do that anyways.  Like was said before, be safe, don't throw shit out.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies