Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeathinchaos
Stranger
seed boutique
    #585075 - 09/10/11 07:35 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i have had bad germ. rates with this company. they will sprout but the radical root once sprouted does little else......my problem may have been that i ordered weird or unusual seeds.......im going to order a more popular strain and hopefully they have more vitality.

give me some feed back on your exp.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: seed boutique [Re: deathinchaos]
    #585077 - 09/10/11 07:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

There pretty much the same as any other seeds bank. The problem is usually with the seeds from the breeder. Then you have to consider the popularity of the strain. The more popular strains have a higher turn over rate and aren't sitting in the shop for a long period of time. Example I'd imagine that Sweet Seeds Mohan Ram are gonna have a lower germ rate then Serious Seeds AK-47 just cause the seeds are constantly being turned over. In other words if they don't sell em they don't replace em.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: seed boutique [Re: Magash]
    #587114 - 09/18/11 04:06 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You obviously don't know how much I like the Moham Ram!

I'm joking, and agree the popularity of the strain is the biggest factor of viability for when the seeds reach the customers.

The breeders methods of producing the seeds also matters. I've encountered many viable looking seeds that were grown outdoors, stored well, were less than 1 year old and had lower than normal germination rates (50-80%). At the same time I've grown many older seeds(4years old+) grown indoors and stored in seemingly less favorable conditions and have had above usual germination rates (95+%).

Genetics play a role to some extent also usually (probably always in this market) seed characteristics have no consideration in the selection process. Indica seeds will naturally have a longer shelf life than Sativa seeds assuming they are large while sativa are small. This is because they have a larger endosperm providing the seedling with more nutrition making it more likely for the seedling to survive and the seedcoat is thinking making the seed its self more durable to physical harm and helps the seed retain it's moisture. If a cultivar was grown and happened to have small seeds be it indica or sativa and that cultivar was bred towards thicker seedcoats you could expect the germination rate to be significantly lower than normal especially in older batches when the seeds become less vigorous.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: seed boutique [Re: maryanne3087]
    #588621 - 09/25/11 11:33 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

^That's good to hear!  I spent thousands on seeds two years ago, from seedbay.  They were all seeds that were in high demand (except the freebies).  I've kept them vacuum sealed in the fridge.  So hopefully they pop too.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: seed boutique [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #588665 - 09/25/11 02:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You just bought thousands of dollars worth the seeds in case you couldn't in the future?

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea, never know what may happen to the state of the cannabis seed industry.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #588675 - 09/25/11 03:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

they were some shit i had been looking for for a while.  then i just got carried away with it, like i tend to do.  But I am glad i got them when i did.  We have places around here that sell a ton of clones but I want to know more than what I would be told by the person selling them to me.  so i don't want to bother.  anyway, i'll start popping some of these seeds in the next couple weeks im hoping.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: seed boutique [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #588701 - 09/25/11 03:52 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

They are rarities then?

I stocked up on quite a few seeds myself, I try to germinate as many as possible so I don't run into duds.

Eventually I don't think I'll continue to buy any new seeds other than from Chimera and Mr. Nice. Haven't really been interested in a lot of stuff coming out and get less and less interested as I try cultivars I was once curious about.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #588708 - 09/25/11 04:07 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

oh yeah?  I haven't had much experience with any breeders stuff, that i know of anyway.  My first grow was from bagseed.  my second was from seeds i acquired from a random shady fellow on craigslist.  in between now and then ive gotten the seeds.  Here's a list of those seeds.  I think I recall seeing a couple posts from you and mag on your opinions on bog's stuff.  im excited to grow them out, nonetheless.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals