Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCDS

Loc: Cali Flag
Newb question about Seed Boutique...
    #127897 - 10/02/08 06:39 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Has anyone used Seed Boutique recently?

I got their auto-generated "Order Sent In Full" confirmation email yesterday. How long does it usually take to the west coast? I know what it says on their site, but I was hoping for some personal input from you all.

Also has anyone gotten their seeds jacked by customs recently? How about had their stuff opened by customs but still got it? Is SB pretty good about stealth shipping?

I chose a 5 pack of feminized seeds; do they usually all germinate or more like 3/5. (If I were going to grow them, that is...)

-Thanks

Edited by CDS (01/08/14 11:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newb question about Seed Boutique... [Re: CDS]
    #127902 - 10/02/08 07:17 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'd expect closer to two weeks, as it takes about one week for it to get further into Europe from them in England.... Of course, from what I understand, there is a postal strike going on in England, or it was and now everything is still backed up... either way, I'd expect delays. :shrug2:

Seed Boutique is pretty stealthy, as long as the envelope isn't actually opened...

--------------------

OfflineCDS

Loc: Cali Flag
Re: Newb question about Seed Boutique... [Re: Sirius]
    #128096 - 10/02/08 04:34 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

...Seed Boutique is pretty stealthy, as long as the envelope isn't actually opened

Waitaminute..., so if they do open the envelope I'm screwed?

I thought the meaning of "stealth" was that a quick inspection of the contents would usually not result in them being found... Like they mail some BS item like a CD or a magazine and then hide the seeds in between the layers of the envelope or something like that...

What are the odds that they will be confiscated? Should I go ahead and order more from different places to give me a batter chance of getting something?

Also, if they find one guys seeds in the so-called "stealth" packaging, then what's stopping them from just writing down the return address and automatically snatching everything from that address from then on? Or do the seedbanks use a different return address every time as SOP?

I apologize if I'm being impatient but I'd like to be able to somewhat know what to expect so I'm not stressing out. I'm sorta OCD like that...

-Anyway, thanks again

--------------------
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius...

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Newb question about Seed Boutique... [Re: CDS]
    #128104 - 10/02/08 05:05 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well, ideally yes, the seeds would be well concealed inside the envelope in the case that they were opened. I guess that would be part of "stealth", but when I hear the word, I think mostly about how conspicuous the envelope itself is (which, by that standard, its very stealthy). While generally its discouraged to talk about specifics when it comes to the stealth measures places take, I am going to say that, if their envelope is opened up, its just breeder packs (in fact, they do say this on their site as well). Personally, I think it would be much better to print off a couple pages of a form letter and then put the seeds inside that or something, but that's just the way they do it... Dr. Chronic is more stealthy when it comes to the inside of the envelope, by the way...

Anyways, the only way the envelope itself is actually going to be searched is simply down to the fact that all incoming mail is randomly opened. That means the odds of it being intercepted is not going to be great. Also, for the same reason, it'd be difficult for them to screen the return address, even if they always print the same one on the envelope, because they would have to be checking all incoming mail for those return addresses. It just doesn't happen.

Ultimately, there is no reason to not order from Seed Boutique/Seedbay out of concerns of customs seizing your order. I just wish they went to a greater length of concealing the seeds inside the envelope itself, but I'd have to imagine that most places have the same problem. The best thing to do is leave a note for them when you place your order requesting them to take some measures to better hide the seeds, including removing them from the breeder pack. Even if they do seize your order, the most that is going to happen is it will eventually show up with green tape and a letter from Homeland Security. While it is theoretically possible that local authorities could be contacted for follow-up, no one knows of a case where someone got busted for having their seeds seized, and a lot of people go to the lengths of using a safe address that is not associated with where the grow is located. :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom