Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePandor

Does anyone actually use/recommend CO2 anymore? *DELETED*
    #578913 - 08/17/11 02:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Pandor

Reason for deletion: plus plus to yo face

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Does anyone actually use/recommend CO2 anymore? [Re: Pandor]
    #578914 - 08/17/11 03:16 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If done properly it can speed up growth. Really isn't needed though if you have good airflow threw your airspace (but plants will grow better with it). Nowadays it's most commonly used in sealed grow spaces but all plants can benefit from it.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlineiluvtrichomes
Male

Loc: US
Re: Does anyone actually use/recommend CO2 anymore? [Re: Magash]
    #583041 - 09/02/11 02:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, CO2 and water make a sugar molecule in conjunction with light (photosynthesis) excess CO2 will speed up this process and growth. The atmosphere early in the earths history was said to have a much higher CO2 content, but the plants nowadays are still able to process high amounts of CO2. If done right you can get 3-5 times faster growth using well monitored CO2 system. even spraying your plants foliage with seltzer water (carbonated with absolutely no sodium) can increase plant growth by 2 times.

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Some Guy

Loc: My Cave
Re: Does anyone actually use/recommend CO2 anymore? [Re: iluvtrichomes]
    #583066 - 09/02/11 05:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I use Co2 and I think it works pretty good. It is not an easy act to balance though. The room has to be sealed to hold the gas in AND light levels must be very intense AND nutrient uptake will have to be drastically increased. If you can successfully accomplish those things both financially and physically without burning your grow down you're golden!:thumbup:

:grin:

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace. :peace:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Does anyone actually use/recommend CO2 anymore? [Re: Captain Caveman]
    #583246 - 09/03/11 07:25 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I make prison wine out of this shit called "Turbo Yeast". Its like 120g of yeast for 5 gallons of water (if anyone knows anything about making alcohol, thats a shit ton.) The stuff goes nuts for like a week and makes high proof wine and then all the yeast dies, hence the "turbo".

I had a big bucket of that in my closet once. I didn't really notice much difference :/

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisiblePandor

Re: Does anyone actually use/recommend CO2 anymore? [Re: RasJeph]
    #583271 - 09/03/11 10:47 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I was thinking about buying some and just letting it go in my tent. But I don't think I am ready for the balancing act. I am already challenging myself by using LEDs.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Does anyone actually use/recommend CO2 anymore? [Re: RasJeph]
    #583461 - 09/04/11 12:59 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
I make prison wine out of this shit called "Turbo Yeast". Its like 120g of yeast for 5 gallons of water (if anyone knows anything about making alcohol, thats a shit ton.) The stuff goes nuts for like a week and makes high proof wine and then all the yeast dies, hence the "turbo".

I had a big bucket of that in my closet once. I didn't really notice much difference :/

Too much CO2 is detrimental to plant health.

Spurr on icmag(who knows his shit) says 700-1000ppm is ideal for CO2.

Also using NO3 (Nitrate) and NH4 (Ammonium) in ratios of 8-15:1 is ideal. Apparently using NH4 helps obtain the benefits of CO2 over a longer period of time over plants just fed NO3. Careful though too much NH4 will surely lead to burning far quicker than just NO3.

Offlineiluvtrichomes
Male

Loc: US
Re: Does anyone actually use/recommend CO2 anymore? [Re: Pandor]
    #584152 - 09/06/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pandor said:
I was thinking about buying some and just letting it go in my tent. But I don't think I am ready for the balancing act. I am already challenging myself by using LEDs.

Like Magash said dont worry about CO2 if your space has proper ventilation, I'd say focus more on excellent soil and 6-6.5 ph. Sure CO2 has its benifits if fully committed and consistent with the levels and it is a balancing act so you do need gauges and timers its pretty much kinda a hassle if your space isn't optimal for a CO2 setup. I really hope your your LEDs work out for ya. I really would love to see a heady LED harvest!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds