Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: chickenbiscuits]
    #466104 - 08/23/10 08:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

This guy must be fucking high.

:awehigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: DungenessDank]
    #466139 - 08/23/10 09:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ya got me on the hydrogen being lighter than oxygen.. but that doesnt change my point either. its just not 1/3 the weight..

Im definitely no chemist and maybe im over extending myself getting into all this stuff about oxygen, this post is about co2. but i do know how to grow weed. well. through experimentation not through a bunch of info learned through message boards.

The BIG POINT TO ALL THIS... Is that all these people on here telling you guys co2 isnt worth it... is bullshit.

Sure it costs a lot to get into and you have to have it dialed in. but if you dont have your indoor dialed in your wasting your time. I would never be satisfied with.3 or .4g/w or even the 1/2 that so many seem to shoot for.

co2 levels may not have to do with rH. but a standard grow book or tek for mass airflow will recommend 40%rH or lower. co2 enrichment 45-55%. Im not getting too into science i dont know(like youve already proven i shouldnt), but thats tried and true info in my book.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #466141 - 08/23/10 09:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

chickenbiscuits said:
ya got me on the hydrogen being lighter than oxygen.. but that doesnt change my point either. its just not 1/3 the weight..

It absolutely does change your point. Just because there's oxygen in water doesn't mean that the roots can utilize it as oxygen, that's simply NOT the way chemistry works. Think of my maple syrup example. If your roots could pull oxygen off of other molecules then you could literally grow in any substance you want. Why don't you try to grow a plant in a giant tub of water with no aeration and let me know how it works? The ONLY reason people can grow hydro is because the airstones they use provide gaseous oxygen for the roots to utilize, NOT the oxygen from the water.

--------------------

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
    #466149 - 08/23/10 09:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well you wanted me to stay out of your grow thread so heres my reply to that on here since i know you're following this thread too harry.

quality looks A+

I only grow those strains too. The biggest yielder ill get into is blue dream which still has that connoisseur taste and smell.

75% of the time i grow nothing but OG Kush. Most people are happy with the .5g/w

I like to have nice purple sugary strains too.

Again coming to the point of all this..
These connoisseur strains will be as productive with co2 as a big bud or chronic will on mass airflow. Maybe g/w will be higher on the chronic big bud, but the OG will have half the veg time and definitely hop up there in the 1g/w range even 1.2-3 or you can take something like blue dream and get a higher g/w and a faster veg.

Just overall faster and better.

You've picked out little tidbits of this and that to bash me. but i have seen NO evidence on your behalf that venting is better than co2. and thats what i really want an argument about.

as for oxygen.. im over it. take your throne as being the chemist out of us. If the water never breaks down from absorption to transpiration and is still h20 when transpired to vapor its technically not using the oxygen gas.. OK i get what your saying but lets go back to co2

somebody please prove that co2 isnt worth it...

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #466184 - 08/23/10 10:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
By your logic I could just grow my roots in pure maple syrup because sugar is C6H12O6, so it must be 1/4 oxygen right? :facepalm:

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Why don't you try to grow a plant in a giant tub of water with no aeration and let me know how it works?

:ilold: seriously hard

:highfive:

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: ChillWillis]
    #466304 - 08/23/10 11:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I grow the same way by testing and I so know this the numbers you claim that co2 gives you I'm already getting. There are more then enough pics of my garden to prove that. I realize you have been growing since 2004 and all that cute stuff but I've been at it since 1985.

Oh and by the way your way off about the breeders using most of their space for seeds. I know for a fact that Arjin, Soma, Serious Seeds, THSeeds, use the majority of their grow space for bulk bud grows. A major chunk of these guys business is supplying the coffee houses for the 2 million plus tourist that flock to them each year.

Does co2 help plants grow faster? Yes it does. 250% faster I'll believe that crap when I see it. Having co2 added was not worth the added ac, having the garden closed so now I have to remove the moisture and all the other added crap.

Now as far as yields that everybody claims from co2 once again I haven't seen it. I'll be willing to put my results with my garden up against anybody's on this planet. strain per strain :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: Magash]
    #466343 - 08/24/10 12:40 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #466387 - 08/24/10 07:09 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
I'll be willing to put my results with my garden up against anybody's on this planet. strain per strain :potleaf:

I know someone who says just that all the time. He grows shiskaberry and has the best gram per kilowatt hour yields I've seen yet.

Do you grow any hazes? I'd do a "side by side" grow with someone if it was a haze hybrid grow off.

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: maryanne3087]
    #466405 - 08/24/10 08:05 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks Magash. Thats more the type of argument im trying to see. Harry isnt on the level. Im not trying to get into all this nitty gritty about the little details. This is about co2 being better or not.

Im not claiming to be an expert.. Like i said ive only been at this for 6 years. but ive seen a lot in that time.

As for amsterdam... Ive been there twice, ive met DNA guys, and Thseeds guys. They both play a part of my garden this year. Im trying out one of DNA's skunk train crosses (OG18xskunk #1) and Im growing THSeeds Heavy Duty Fruity and Mendo Madness. HDF is pretty shitty for a light dep and I can only hope the outdoor does better. Its got a lemon citrusy smell and big nugs.. but they're kinda larfy and not that great. Mendo Madness is great for cali outdoor or light dep. Big buddha cheese is my favorite seed i have this year though.

Amsterdam though.... 95% of their product SUCKS! Cali is killin them over there. I dont know what kinda dumb shit they're doing, but ive been to many coffee shops, bulldog, rock it, blue sky, Ben's and a whole lotta little hole in the wall ones. Its all larfy commercial crap. The dispensaries here are all doing way better. sure now and then there's a good batch of chocolope from aaron at dna or a good batch of the amnesia haze everyone over there was freaking out on over there last time i was there... but cali you find at least a few good quality buds in ALMOST every dispensary.

As for the 250% stat. Thats basically stolen right off the hydrofarm graph in the original post. I couldnt tell you the exact percentage my experience has been but its definitely a lot, and maybe even twice as fast. Like i said before this is a compiled number of all the figures. Faster veg time, more flower production. Personally ive never seen OG hit 1g/w without co2. Since you've been growing since 85 and you make clones for clubs.. I can only assume you've dabbled in the OG.

Now before i go any further... im not talking about OG kush platinum(doesnt have that killer knock spice into your veins smell) or og skunk or 18 or any of that. Just that original Unmistakable spicy og. Have you seen 1g/w with strain and no co2? Not to mention a veg time only sitting around 3 weeks for 6ounce plants?

Ive seen co2 veg a plant faster indoors than any setup without.. Personally I dont think A/C is really that big of an issue either. The best way to go about it is to air cool your lights with a water cooling coil. Maybe this isnt common information but i know magash is into the mushrooms too. so...

I know that you know a little more about building ventilation systems from scratch than most around the growery. Paul Stamets writes a good pictoral in one of his books about putting your own cooling and heating coil in your own system. Always incorporating HEPA's of course, but i do that w the pot too!

So you recirculate the air pulled in through your lights through a series of a few cold water coils and put the outake next to your a/c intake for the final cooling. You dont need the $1000 air conditioner they're trying to sell you at the hydrostore. Just go to wally world and buy a mid-class(or bigger if you have a big room) window unit!!! You cant use the portable ac units.. get the window one. It really doesnt take that much extra juice to maintain a temp near 95.

Again these are all experiences in a different place than many of you are used to. I only grow indoors in the winter so the room is constantly cooling from the cool temperatures. I also exchange the air every 3hrs which will bring the temp back down. Most people keep a "sealed" room which is rated to exchange air through leaks every 3hrs. Well my rooms are literally 100% sealed so i exchange air every 3 timed to have my controller bring back up the co2 ppm as soon as the exchange is done.

The cali outdoor/blackout season is way better than indoor could dream of being imho. The sun produces the best bud and its FREE! Sounds like magash has got a different game goin on with the club thing...

As for Harry, i think you'd argue with the majority of cali growers about half the shit they say. I bet you'd call me blatantly wrong to say that 10-15lbs/plant happens out here all the time too...! but what is blatant to me, is that you are book smart about the shit but are lacking mere experience.

So please Magash tell me you've seen the original Og Kush pump 1g/w with no co2...?

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight Evil with Funk
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhat North of Normal
    #466416 - 08/24/10 08:26 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Eh. I just don't see it being worth running the extra equipment when good ventilation will also get you all the the CO2 you really need.

Edited by NizzyJones (08/24/10 08:56 AM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #466448 - 08/24/10 09:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

chickenbiscuits said:

As for Harry, i think you'd argue with the majority of cali growers about half the shit they say.

Only if the shit they say is half as wrong as all the bullshit YOU say.

Quote:

chickenbiscuits said:
but what is blatant to me, is that you are book smart about the shit but are lacking mere experience.

I've been growing longer than you have my boy :facepalm:  In addition to that, I don't just run silly stoner experiments and see what gets me higher, I do large scale government-grant funded research projects in professional university greenhouses.  I bet I messed with more variables just last year than you have in your entire life.

You'll notice that I'm only arguing with you here on the stuff you're WRONG about. You seem to think that I'm just nitpicking your posts, but really I'm only picking on the shit you claim that's wildly incorrect. Sure, CO2 will help plants grow faster, that's common knowledge. You'll notice that nowhere in here did I say a thing about CO2 being bad for plants :flowstone:
The only time I've gone against your silly, borderline homo-erotic obsession with CO2 is in this post, and I think it's still a rather valid point, having nothing to do with CO2, but rather the fact that you seem to think people should recommend it to absolute beginners, which in my opinion is just downright stupid.

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

chickenbiscuits said:

When there is this excess water in the air EVERYTHING happens faster. from photosynthesis to how fast the roots get oxygen.

Oh jesus lordy christ, please explain yourself.

Quote:

chickenbiscuits said:
I shouldve just stuck with the original post. WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING TO TURN ALL THESE NOOBS OFF CO2????

Because noobs have enough to worry about without trying to balance CO2 production, A/C units and Dehumidifiers (all of which are necessary to run CO2 in a closed room). They have a hard enough time choosing between soil and hydro let along trying to figure out if they want tanks and solenoids or steady-stream propane burners. I think that's pretty much common sense :flowstone:

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#466455 - 08/24/10 09:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I can grow better than anyone heer. :retawed:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: Mr. Kite]
    #466457 - 08/24/10 09:38 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

you should tell chickenbiscuits about your microwave tek :awesome:

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#466468 - 08/24/10 09:45 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It's da bombdiggity.

--------------------

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: Mr. Kite]
    #466471 - 08/24/10 09:49 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Step 1. Insert expensive seeds into microwave
Step 2. Set Timer to "popcorn" setting
Step 3. Smell burnt seeds
Step 4. Seeds are now germenated
Step 5. Grow uber dank weed
Step 6. Sell uber dank weed for two times regular price because its uber dank.

--------------------

Offlineimpgl

#466518 - 08/24/10 11:28 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

chickenbiscuits said:
As for Harry, i think you'd argue with the majority of cali growers about half the shit they say. I bet you'd call me blatantly wrong to say that 10-15lbs/plant happens out here all the time too...! but what is blatant to me, is that you are book smart about the shit but are lacking mere experience.

Welcome to the growery! Cali native here, started growing in LA, then the bay, and done growing in southern Humboldt. I would definitely say that 10 -15 lbs outdoors all the time is bullshit. I've worked with a good amount of people from Humboldt and sure, they'll all no a friend of a friends cousin that grew a 10 lb plant, but I've never seen it. Don"t believe everything you hear. The highest yielding outdoor plants I've seen were like 4 lbs, and they were beast. I doubt you've ever personally seen this (as in been there for harvest and weighed it out at the end). It's mostly folks embellishing shit to boost their ego.

Any who, I've been wanting to try out co2 maself, but that's neither here, nor there. BTW, any pictures of your grows with/ with out co2 enrichment?

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #466539 - 08/24/10 12:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I like what ya wrote on the temps and using coils but I gotta tell ya coils are yesterdays news. Check these out.

http://www.bestcoastgrowers.com/fresca-general/water-cooled-grow-lights.html

Yup I've played with OGKush and I'm just gonna come out and say it. If it isn't original OGKush it OGKush period. None of that knock-offs come close to the original.

So please Magash tell me you've seen the original Og Kush pump 1g/w with no co2...?  Depends on how it's grown. Grow it in a SOG and those results are fairly easy to achieve. Remember OGKush does not grow in a kush like manner cause it simply has no real kush in it.

Take this strain Sweet 16

Per plant it yields less then OG does and yet when grown right it gives more then a gram per watt. I've pulled a gram per with Erkle, Purple Kush and the Purps all of which yield like the original OG does. Each strain has it's own way it likes to be grown it's just a matter of finding it.

And next time you talk to Adam tell him he's a purple punker. He'll know who it is. :wink:

I've also been growing outdoors in Mendicino for years and nobody has grown a 10-15 lb plant cause if it was done it was back in the early 80s. Nobody is stupid enough to plant in full sunlight (and you ain't getting 10 to 15 without it). Do shit to attract the choppers and your gonna get busted and get your ass beat for drawing them in in the first place.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight Evil with Funk
 User Gallery

#466614 - 08/24/10 03:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

CSB:

There's this old man out in the woods who grows a little weed now and again. One day I was out there smoking up and got on the topic of monster plants. He starts telling my friend and me about how years ago he threw a handful of seeds in this pile of compost up by the road in front of his house and forgot about them until September when he's walking up by the road and sees these twelve foot tall trees sticking up out of the compost pile. Naturally we were skeptical so he says "Hold on a minute, I knew no one would ever believe me." And he digs around and comes up with a Polaroid and sure enough there he is grinning his ass off waving, dwarfed by these monster plants with the road in the background.

/CSB

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: NizzyJones]
    #466630 - 08/24/10 03:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard a ton of stories like that and a lot of them are true. The problem is in order to get 10 to 15 lbs a plant your talking 30 feet tall (or taller actually) and 7 feet wide. :potleaf:

--------------------

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight Evil with Funk
 User Gallery

#466636 - 08/24/10 03:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I'm sure.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order