Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: chickenbiscuits]
    #466971 - 08/24/10 10:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Gram per watt yields should be reserved for those who don't veg for 3weeks forget about 2months.

3weeks = 4.5 weeks of flowering or 1/3 of a OG Kush/haze hybrid crop or 1/2 of a more indica crop in kilowatt hours.

2months = more electricity used to flower basically any strain.

You're boasting about yields per light, not really grams per watt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #466982 - 08/24/10 10:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
you can do plenty with $200 and a cabinet as long as you're smart about were you spend your money. Nearly every single new grower who comes to this website has less than $500 to spend on supplies, so CO2 is absolutely useless. Which is why I question your sanity when you ask questions like;

Quote:

chickenbiscuits said:

WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING TO TURN ALL THESE NOOBS OFF CO2???? I want to see some evidence for a good ventilation system.

I've called you out on that several times in this thread, and you've still yet to acknowledge that it's a legitimate argument. You're so obsessed with CO2 being the be-all end-all of indoor growing that you're not even sure about what point you're trying to make.

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Quote:

chickenbiscuits said:
I shouldve just stuck with the original post. WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING TO TURN ALL THESE NOOBS OFF CO2????

Because noobs have enough to worry about without trying to balance CO2 production, A/C units and Dehumidifiers (all of which are necessary to run CO2 in a closed room). They have a hard enough time choosing between soil and hydro let along trying to figure out if they want tanks and solenoids or steady-stream propane burners. I think that's pretty much common sense :flowstone:

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #466993 - 08/24/10 10:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Unless you've got 10 lights or are out of floorspace, I don't see co2 being the way to go for a bang for the buck improvement on yield.

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
    #466998 - 08/24/10 10:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

didnt you already post that set of quotes harry?

maryann
This 3wks cant be calculated like that. As a matter of fact in that little room i made up earlier. The first week of veg would only be using 2 or 3 of the 8 600s. As the plants get larger and go beyond their pots walls you gradually space out the pots to the full room size and add in lights as needed.

Thats all a little more complicated than a paragraph.. but you wouldnt throw in all 8 lights until you reach flowering.

Also, most full time cali setups feature somewhat of a perpetual harvest system. although most dont rotate every week. There is vegging plants ready as the last harvest matures. Some even have one veg house that can run multiple flower houses. This is done for 215 legitimacy...

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#467003 - 08/24/10 10:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Just post some fucking pictures or end the thread.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #467005 - 08/24/10 10:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yes I did, but you refuse to address them so I reposted. Why are you recommending CO2 for beginners when it's clearly the worst idea?

Also, I'd really like you to address Maryanne's points about how menial the gains are with CO2 enriched air vs simply adding more lights

--------------------

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
    #467014 - 08/24/10 11:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well i thought we did address them. if your on a major budget, dont do it. co2 can be implemented for as little as 4-500bucks though

The more lights you use the bigger your grow looks to the cops. thats one argument for that side. and ive def seen double the growth rate in veg and higher yields. Maybe not double, but even 50% better productivity, which i know co2 ups my total that much.. compared to 50% more light...

take that 4800w grow, thats an extra 2400w. 2.4x12x30 an extra 864KwH/mo + cost of 4 reflector/ballast/bulbs and what it takes to increase the size of everything by 33%

and kite... you havent had any good arguments man. sorry no pics, and there  wont be

EDIT so i dont piss anyone else off for posting twice in a row.

i just found another good link to some co2 info maybee it should b in the origonal post too

http://www.stonerforums.com/lounge/advanced-techniques/3152-carbon-dioxide-enrichment-methods.html

oOoOo and i realized that this post has more replies than anything but harrys growlog of the year since 2/22

I remember back in my shroomery days posts would rock into the 100s all the time! the growery hasnt really taken off like i thought it would. theres way more people that grow weed! must just be all the shroomers are econcentrated on the shrmeery and the growers are spaced out.

Edited by chickenbiscuits (08/24/10 11:29 PM)

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#467024 - 08/24/10 11:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You have to look at it this way, you're new here, you're boasting fantasy statistics, trying to overthrow two years of newbie recommendations and you don't have a single pic or coherent sentence to back it up.

I'm new to growing and for one I feel that you're overlooking the fact that new growers aren't already pushing their electrical bills with multiple 1,000w lights, we're all using 150w-400w if even using HID lights.

CO2 is something for someone who has taken the time and experienced it enough to accumulate all the other (smaller) things on the way up the yield totem pole to reach a point where we'd feel comfortable experimenting with CO2.

$400-$500 is the cost of 80% of my entire garden and I've been growing for  a year

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: ChillWillis]
    #467033 - 08/24/10 11:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

damn thats cheap!

your right and harry's right.

You guys have shown me why we shouldnt be pushing it on noobs. But i think it should be known that it can effectively improve things instead of everyone here saying "co2 isnt worth it" Thats what initially got me signed up n posting.

I dont really care what people think or believe, just trying to save some people some trouble through my own experience. Any good grower could tell that i know how to grow based on all the shit ive said in these 50 posts. Also based on those posts one could tell all my info comes straight off the mountain and not off these boards, so right now im sitting with a little out of the box perspective from all you growery pros. Im not just some 12yr old with a jorge cervantes book as someone said.

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#467036 - 08/24/10 11:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Glad you had it in you to concede!
Newbies aren't looking to push our commercial yields, just personal.
I'm content with two mothers and 3 in flowering at a time.

I'll give you this: I'm glad that you took the time to get assaulted for 50 posts and hope that you'll continue to stay and learn here, there is much to be learned as I'm sure you could tell from some of our more experienced growers.
I'm sure there is much that you could teach us as well. I for one would love to see a poor man's CO2 tek, we can always use more of those.

The Growery is ready to blossom we just need more bright minds an open gardens :wink::thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: ChillWillis]
    #467039 - 08/25/10 12:03 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well regardless of what all these so called experts say. Im still completely unchanged in my methods. And from the looks of it, im doin better with my green thumb than all of those "experts" that have appeared in this post except magash. he's got his

Harry is obviously not the expert everyone thinks he is or his grows would be looking a lot better. he'd be up at least near 1g/w with those fine buds. The best thing he's got goin is his place at the growery!
oh ya and only two more posts til i can send all you dicks who pretend to know things, (when all you know is the book and lack experience), back a 0 out of 5 leaf!

im much happier to be the one lacking the book, but steeped in experience. Cause whether i know how much molecules weigh or the proper way to measure light... I know how to get consistent high yield A+ medicine bitches!

Edited by chickenbiscuits (08/25/10 12:09 AM)

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#467051 - 08/25/10 12:24 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Nobody ever tried to change your methods, they tried to get you to see why your methods aren't best for newbies.

If you already know what you're doing and have the equipment then of course CO2 is going to benefit your garden, nobody disagreed with you on that.

Harry is very very capable of growing buds and not only that he can diagnose and give very helpful advise to other growers. Everyone who reads this will always give him more props than you can accumulate from any words that you type.
I'm sorry man but without pictures you're just another person who can read and write.

--------------------

Edited by ChillWillis (08/25/10 12:24 AM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #467053 - 08/25/10 12:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

chickenbiscuits said:

Harry is obviously not the expert everyone thinks he is or his grows would be looking a lot better. he'd be up at least near 1g/w with those fine buds. The best thing he's got goin is his place at the growery!
oh ya and only two more posts til i can send all you dicks who pretend to know things, (when all you know is the book and lack experience), back a 0 out of 5 leaf!

You're obviously not fluent in english like you seem to think you are or you would remember the part where I said=

1) that I post a very small portion of my grows on this website.
2) the strains I grow in my closet are chosen with yield as an absolute last priority. I don't give a flying fuck about reaching 1g/w so you constantly mentioning it is seriously just useless.
3) I've been growing more than you, longer than you. you can sit on my experience and spin for all I care

--------------------

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
    #467054 - 08/25/10 12:35 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

first of all... im not talking about how big your grow is. More so how unhealthy it is the efirst half. i only grow the most premium strains too. they are low yielders. you should be able to get the low yielders to 1g/w just like magash was saying

you have no idea what ive done or how long iv been growing. all u know is that ive been a 215 patient cultivating under that act since 04

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #467055 - 08/25/10 12:37 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Ok,I'll address the sog grow first of which I have 4 of them each using 8000 watts of power. The other 4 gardens are also 8000 watts but are larger plants.

Now why the sog grows? Because with the strain Sweet 16 which I spent 8 years making needs no veg time at all. The day the clones root is the day they get planted so these gardens don't even have a veg space.

My results

Now the other gardens have plants that look a little more like this with just 2 to 3 weeks of vegging.

When I get bored and wanna play I do crap like this

Now show me what you keep talking about. :rolleyes:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #467056 - 08/25/10 12:40 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Please by all means point out to me where they are unhealthy

--------------------

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
Re: co2 gotta call out a mod [Re: Magash]
    #467061 - 08/25/10 12:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i have no pics. and havent done an indoor since april. I grow indoor 6/mos out of the year and outdoor the other.

The indoors i run though are usually 4800 or 7200 watts on solar revolution light movers. all 600s

My plants are most similiar to your middle pic except i use 10-15 gal pots and a 3-4week veg

Ive never done more than 48 indoors so ive never done any sog.

-----

but as willis said. no pics no dice and thats all good by me. Ive enjoyed this thread, have learned, and still choose co2 over mass air

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #467062 - 08/25/10 12:47 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Please by all means point out to me where they are unhealthy

--------------------

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
    #467075 - 08/25/10 01:04 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

now that i review your thread the main things i was looking at was the one made it from before i guess with the xposed roots. lanky small leaves. The short veg that i saw all looked too pale, with some leaf twisting. Im not sure what your strains do, but i generally dont like to see purple stems til late. Some just do that of course. Then your buds are not very packed in there. You can just tell there could be a lot more bud produced in that same setup if it was magash... not that any of that is a major problem, just enough for me to not call you an expert.

and what exactly is this about magash just convincing you to get off the cfls... what kind of expert hasnt been using hids for years?

Offlinechickenbiscuits
Stranger
    #467078 - 08/25/10 01:11 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Id really like to touch back to that mendo thing too.. f**K mendo

The cool people i know there are more worried about thieves than the DEA or CAMP. Most of the people i know down there are greedy and half the time end up busted or robbed.

Trinity is a much chiller scene, Shasta is blowing up now too. Both of which are way better than the millionare/ripper/fed war going on in mendo and humboldt.

November 5th anyway right? a whole new change in the game.. legalization

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds