Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The 600 watt Club come on in....... [Re: citizen13]
    #447581 - 07/17/10 02:18 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I may only use 4 for the time being, I'm not certain yet my space is roughly 8x8' was thinking of running 3 on each side of the room with work space in the middle not so sure now. I think it depends on the heat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: The 600 watt Club come on in....... [Re: maryanne3087]
    #447751 - 07/17/10 11:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I guess I'm in. Sold one of my 1000watters to bur an air-cooled 600watter with digital ballast.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The 600 watt Club come on in....... [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #447760 - 07/17/10 11:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome. Right now 600w's are the only way to go for me. Maybe if I have a huge op or want to grow trees I'll go with 1000's.

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Loc: MO/TX/FL/HI
    #583091 - 09/02/11 07:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

whats up 600W club?
can i join?
and whats everyone up to?

anyone in here using multiple(4+) 600W hps for flower

lets talk about dimensions, and lamp height, and efficient space usage, etc

i need help from some ppl who have done this

--------------------

-and for all your ETHNO SEEDS needs come see us @ www.freeseedring.nl

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The 600 watt Club come on in....... [Re: just me]
    #583194 - 09/02/11 10:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I really like going with 100 watt per square foot myself.
I'm hanging my 600 in a few weeks in a 2x3x6 room.
440 cfm fan and filter.
My door way will be a 3 foot well that will roll up so I have elbow room to work.

A co-op of mine has two 400s hanging over a 3x4 area 7 foot tall with a 424 cfm fan and filter.
This room has a zipper door making it a tight area to work in, will be changed soon tho.

As to height of hoods, I prefer to stay no greater than 3 foot 10 inches from the top of the meduim.

I only grow hydro,
Some strains SOG and other SCROG.
I'm stoned so I hope I didn't leave anything important out.:stoned:

--------------------
:getstoned:

Edited by Stoneth (09/03/11 06:20 PM)

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Re: The 600 watt Club come on in....... [Re: Stoneth]
    #583227 - 09/03/11 12:44 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

when you say 3'10 from the medium
youre saying basically from the plants base 3'10"
doesnt that depend on your plant height?

maybe you can help me understand my lamp/room layout a little then

i built this from scratch over the last couple month, and this is my first officially official indoor grow.
all clones were vegged outdoors for about a month, and brought to flowering room indoors on 8/15
they began flowering right away. only one of 4 strains lingered and stretched a bit
100% organic grow ONE HUNDRED PERCENT...cept my phdown, that shits crazy i choke every time i use it...

anyway
i feel im not optimizing my space. and after this harvest i want to be prepared to maximize the next round.

by filling a room with 600W bulbs, i thought i would be short on light, upon reading more and more about 600's they seem to be the BEST overall

so luckier than i originally anticipated :thumbup:

and then i hung my lights. and i hung them to fit over a 4X8' tray that holds my plants. and the room is 8X12'
there is an 18" space between each wall, and any corner light. the lights are in an X pattern

when my lights are low, or even when theyre at max height, they shine so much light on the walls, and in that 18" of air space between the hood and the wall.

but none of this area is filled with plants due to the tray size, and wanting to maintain walkways

but inside the tray the plants have grown too much, and have clustered eachother

ive decided already to build a floor with funds from this cycle, that way i can spread girls all over the room evenly, get another light, and run TWO parallel rows of 3 600W hps

ive decided to flower smaller plants in higher quantity for the next round as well (if i quit fuckin up my clones...been using rockwool for years, and the last 3 trays i messed up the water content, and it stalled the clones and extra week+)

again all depending on if i get another 600W bringing total to 6, and if i can get a nice watering floor built

but just curious, given the equipment, and room, what would you do to this set up to optimize?

so basically im looking at 5-6 600W lamps over a 4X8 tray, in a 8X12 room. but realistically i have enough light for that entire room, and dont HAVE to cram everything into that 4X8 tray right?,
and the only reason theyre in that tray for this cycle is i havent constructed a floor to accommodate yet...

600W = 90000 lumens peak performance right?
(currently)5 600W lamps
450,000lumens? covering a 4X8space! 19 large plants in that 4X8 space tho...:confused:

--------------------

Edited by just me (09/03/11 01:07 AM)

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#583229 - 09/03/11 12:47 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

youre not worried about the 44 not moving enough air?
i have a 115 i dont need if youd be interested in it
might be perfect for that little closet :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #583347 - 09/03/11 06:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes 3 foot 10 inches from the plants base.  I do this because I feel penetration is at it peak around there.
That 44 was a typo, it's 440 cfm,  when it comes to ventilation I'm a firm believer in mass air flow.
As I said in my first post I prefer to run 100 per square foot, which would mean your 4x8 tray on my scale would be 3200 watts of light.
Also I would have built the walls tight to the tray to reflect the over casing light back into the plant zone.
As for the hood geight in relation to strain/plant I'm in full control of that with LST the first couple grows, then once I know how that plant grows, I'll be able to veg it to x height, to finish where I want without training.
Dude once again it's labor weekend and I've been in the hash a little hard today hanging with friends, so I hope I have answered all or at least most of your questions.:yesnod::stoned:

--------------------

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#583480 - 09/04/11 02:43 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

wow 4x8 = 6400 watt!

thats heavy!

isnt 100w/sqft, 3200 watts needed in a 4x8 space
my lights are hung only over the 4x8, but my room is 8x12
which i would need at least 9600watts right

a very acceptable watt:sq.ft. ratio is 50:1 right?

i will be getting a 6th light soon to even out light distribution, ventillation, and add light, bringing total to 3600 watts of hid hps lighting.

after this run, i think ive decided ill build two raised beds to hold a predetermined number of pots. each positioned appropriately, with rollers. and a walk  way down the middle while theyre in position, and can be rolled towards the center for outside edge plant maintenance. and potentially add 2 more lights. making 2 rows of 4 600Whps lamps.

i thought also a good rule of thumb was 100watts per plant? or is that not really followed anymore...or ever was :lol:

and next grow will definitely utilize the space between lights and walls. hopefully by adding more light and constructing different plant containers

--------------------

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#583481 - 09/04/11 02:46 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

and dont make fun of me for askin this :evil:

how much could i expect from my 19 plants under 3000watts?

i will take it with a grain of salt, but im curious, as everyone who does this is. and being my first real indoor grow

id like a ballpark to satisfy my current curiosity

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
    #583486 - 09/04/11 03:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

you could expect between 6 and 9 lbs of weed from 3600w on the high end and well none at all to a lot less of course. 5 to 7.5lbs for 3000w on the high end also.

higher plant counts don't mean much if all you're after is the final yield, they do cut down the electricity bill by as much as half (on average) since you don't need to veg as long if at all, their roll in yield is filling up the canopy evenly (more plants makes this easier), and also keeping the canopy dense instead of high(depending on how much your cultivar stretches and branches)which helps with yields since you have more dense buds which can be placed closer to the light and get your more yield.

19 plants for 3000w is a bit low on plants for my liking, I'd use a minimal of 6 plants per light however I've grown plants to fill a 4x4' or larger space just takes a whiles longer to veg them to the right size for flowering. I believe it's a good rule of thumb to dedicate 100+ w's per plant that will be vegged 3-5 weeks and flowered with adequate root space to grow to it's full potential. I'd give 6plants 7+ gals of soil each,9 plants 5-7gals of soil or coco each, 16 plants anywhere from 3-5(5gals per would be hard to get into a 3x3' with most pots), and for 25+plants I'd probably use anywhere from 2litres to 1gal of soil or coco. Respectively I'd veg 6 plants for around 5 weeks, 9 plants for around 3-4 weeks, 16 plants for 2-3, and 25+ plants for under 10 days possibly not at all.

All of the above plant counts, pot sizes, and veg times are to achieve more or less the same result.

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#583526 - 09/04/11 11:00 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

im not looking for quantity, looking for quality :grin:

thats why ive made the transition from outdoor organic, to indoor organic. i was just bragging to a friend of mine last night that i have live worm farming going on in my container girls in the flowering room :lol:

currently my canopy is very dense. more dense than i would ever like to see it again, but as i look at grows and thru books, i see very packed grow rooms, so i feel ok about it.

these plants were 18"-22" when they were moved into flowering.
now from top of medium they are stalling veg growth at a couple weeks flower, with a height of about 3'. +/-

i also have a couple smaller closets and some extra fans and with winter fast approaching, i think i could pull some mini scrog grows in them.
each closet is roughly 3.5x3.5'. im thinking a 400W hps, and a 400W conversion to flower about 20, 1/2 - 1gal plants.

im glad to hear im under, with my plants. the way i have everything situated right now, i couldn't fit more plants in under the light scheme i have now, so hopefully each plant is receiving its more than necessary amount of lighting :grin:

all plants are in 7gal pots. transplanting was handled at appropriate times, that their root systems have completely colonized the entire 7gal pots.

yeah and i really get to wondering. what is the difference going to be in 20 large full flowering healthy 3' plants, compared to 40 12" flowring plants :shrug: other than ease of maintainence...

maryanne, thanks for shedding your growing light on me!

Aloha :jah:

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #583550 - 09/04/11 01:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

just me said:
wow 4x8 = 6400 watt!

thats heavy!

isnt 100w/sqft, 3200 watts needed in a 4x8 space
my lights are hung only over the 4x8, but my room is 8x12
which i would need at least 9600watts right

a very acceptable watt:sq.ft. ratio is 50:1 right?

i will be getting a 6th light soon to even out light distribution, ventillation, and add light, bringing total to 3600 watts of hid hps lighting.

after this run, i think ive decided ill build two raised beds to hold a predetermined number of pots. each positioned appropriately, with rollers. and a walk  way down the middle while theyre in position, and can be rolled towards the center for outside edge plant maintenance. and potentially add 2 more lights. making 2 rows of 4 600Whps lamps.

i thought also a good rule of thumb was 100watts per plant? or is that not really followed anymore...or ever was :lol:

and next grow will definitely utilize the space between lights and walls. hopefully by adding more light and constructing different plant containers

:lol:  Yeah it would be 3200 watts, don't know why I saw 4x8 and multiplied 8x8.:lol: Must have been the hash.
And yes the old rule of thumb is 50 watts per square foot.  I just prefer more.
Sounds like you have a solid plan, all that's left is the experience.
Quote:

just me said:
and dont make fun of me for askin this :evil:

how much could i expect from my 19 plants under 3000watts?

i will take it with a grain of salt, but im curious, as everyone who does this is. and being my first real indoor grow

id like a ballpark to satisfy my current curiosity

A ball park figure off the top of my head is anywhere from 112 grams to 3000 grams, maybe more maybe less.
To many variables to predict final yield.

--------------------

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#583555 - 09/04/11 03:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:yesnod: too many damn variables!
when maryanne said possibly 5-9lb i :shocked:
i was telling myself building this room and knowing what was going in, up to 4lb would be acceptable. if i can break 4lb ill be incredibly excited

blue dream produces nicely. fat buds, great spacing, great spreading.
my jack herer are nugging up so thick and so close, theyll be spears for sure!
one jack split as a clone, then topped is coming up with 4 perfect 2'+ long colas. and barely any side branching or foliage :lol: looks funny
the LA Sweet will finish first i believe. it is already gorgeous  and resinous
and the Sage OG is bringing up the rear, slower to start flowering than any of the others, and much smaller spread out flower sites.
also the only strain that needed any tying once introduced to flowering

that hash sounds good, but i question any weed that makes me question my grows, etc :lol:

no paranoia weed for me. unless im camping, and have no actual worries, then i can smoke some freak out weed and just freak out in the safety of nowhere :lol: analyze all those things i couldnt in the comforts, because most of the analyzing led me to a point of discomfort with my comforts

--------------------

OfflineEnoch
Botanist in Training
Male

#584795 - 09/09/11 12:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

What's guys? I am a first time indoor grower and I just bought a 600 watt set with a MH/HPS convertible ballast. So I guess I could join this club now. I am excited about my first attempt at indoor growing. However, I am a bit worried about the heat that this massive light is putting out. I think I may have to invest in an air cooled hood. My set came with a bat wing reflector.

Has anyone here made their own air cooled hood for a 600 watt light? Does anyone know if a bake-a-round tube would fit a 600 watt bulb?

--------------------
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it."

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

Re: The 600 watt Club come on in....... [Re: Enoch]
    #585161 - 09/10/11 01:54 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

how large is your growing space?
not your light coverage, but your total closet/room space

if big enough you can ventilate plenty w/o an air cooled hood

i was running a 400w in a 3X3 with a 6"vortec exporting on a timer. when i added another 400w it was too hot for non air cooled lamps.

--------------------

Offlinejust me
GreenThumb
Male

#591105 - 10/07/11 11:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

first ever 600W harvest :grin:
first ever full indoor harvest
liking the 600's, but feel already i need all new bulbs, and more light :lol:

not anywhere near what i had hoped, but somewhere in the ball park of what i expected....
the LA Sweet, is hands down my favorite of them all

ive got too many OG Sage in the closet for next run, so ill be culling those out and adding more LA's

i find it sort of funny and troubling that the farm i work for, grows 10-14' tress yeilding anywhere from 2-10 lbs EACH...
1 plant occupying 1 hole outdoors in the PNW
is capable of producing as much bud, in a shorter amount of time, than an entire 12X8 600W HID growing space...

so...im gonna stay part of the 600W club, because i enjoy growing indoors too. but why i ever thought there was a comparison btwn outdoor and indoor marijuana cultivation

--------------------

Edited by just me (10/13/11 11:13 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale