Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePilz
Blue Meanies
Male

Loc: Iowa
Re: Global Warming [Re: THEBats]
    #58348 - 06/16/08 05:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

so what...and im sure all of you are contributing so much to society!...you know you arent you filthy pigfuckers,you know you are just 12 year olds sitting in your basement,acting like you know drugs while you wait for you moms to warm up your bath.

--------------------
R.I.P Albert Hoffman

'Littering and,Littering and,Littering and,Smoking the reefer'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblunt master
up in smoke
Male

Loc: NY
Re: Global Warming [Re: Pilz]
    #58405 - 06/16/08 09:22 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

has anyone seen the film, an inconvenient truth? its about global warming..its pretty crazy

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#58430 - 06/16/08 10:46 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pilz said:
so what...and im sure all of you are contributing so much to society!...you know you arent you filthy pigfuckers,you know you are just 12 year olds sitting in your basement,acting like you know drugs while you wait for you moms to warm up your bath.

you assume too much.  the only one here whose posts resemble that of a 12 year olds is yours.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #58432 - 06/16/08 10:54 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

hmm... well I was all excited to get in on this discussion with intelligent and relevant information, but instead we've degraded into third grade name calling. Way to go ladies

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Global Warming [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #58433 - 06/16/08 10:56 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
hmm... well I was all excited to get in on this discussion with intelligent and relevant information, but instead we've degraded into third grade name calling. Way to go ladies

please go right ahead.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#58436 - 06/16/08 11:09 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

well here's one to ponder; rising atmospheric and surface temperatures will not adversely affect the planet Earth. During the Jurassic period atmospheric CO2 levels were nearly 4000ppm (compared with a measly ~300 now) and average temps were over 5*C higher than current (in other words, 5 times MORE than the shift of the last 100 years), yet we had one of the most lush planets in the galaxy.

I love the environment, and I'm a huge proponent of it, but I get really buggered when people claim we need to stop polluting to save the planet. the planet will be fine, it's US that will be fucked.
We live on a giant chunk of dirt, and it's not going anywhere... but if we love our beautiful trees, grassy fields and wildlife, we need to get our asses in gear, and quick

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#58438 - 06/16/08 11:21 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
well here's one to ponder; rising atmospheric and surface temperatures will not adversely affect the planet Earth. During the Jurassic period atmospheric CO2 levels were nearly 4000ppm (compared with a measly ~300 now) and average temps were over 5*C higher than current (in other words, 5 times MORE than the shift of the last 100 years), yet we had one of the most lush planets in the galaxy.

I love the environment, and I'm a huge proponent of it, but I get really buggered when people claim we need to stop polluting to save the planet. the planet will be fine, it's US that will be fucked.
We live on a giant chunk of dirt, and it's not going anywhere... but if we love our beautiful trees, grassy fields and wildlife, we need to get our asses in gear, and quick

yea I feel our planet is fine.  But are we?  I feel we will change the planet at such a fast rate that many species, including us, will not adapt.  But life we still flourish on afterwards.  Still for the sake of human life we should stop what we're doing.

Also I think human life we be drastically changed by a nuclear war long before we are from our polluting. 

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (06/16/08 11:23 AM)

Offlinej0nnyb0y05
Sex, Nugs, And Rock N' Roll
Male

#58447 - 06/16/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pilz said:
you know you are just 12 year olds sitting in your basement,acting like you know drugs while you wait for you moms to warm up your bath.

lol nice comeback. you must be an intelligent person. from the looks of things these 12 y/o's are smarter than u are

--------------------
"One Day, One World, One Love." 4/20   

Offlinej0nnyb0y05
Sex, Nugs, And Rock N' Roll
Male

Re: Global Warming [Re: blunt master]
    #58450 - 06/16/08 11:50 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blunt master said:
has anyone seen the film, an inconvenient truth? its about global warming..its pretty crazy

as for the inconvenient truth...its somewhat true and somewhat exxagerated. i would trust that as much as reading scientific periodicals and papers. but good film nontheless, just wished they used less scare tactics.

--------------------
"One Day, One World, One Love." 4/20   

Offlineblunt master
up in smoke
Male

Loc: NY
Re: Global Warming [Re: j0nnyb0y05]
    #58480 - 06/16/08 12:29 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yeah basically al gore was like "everyones fucked because I didn't get elected president" hah it was in interesting film though, i enjoyed it

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Global Warming [Re: blunt master]
    #58583 - 06/16/08 02:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Global warming is a natural part of earths weather cycles.

They taught us this WAY back in the 70's. Well before we could actually measure the temperature change.

Our planet is moving from an ice age into a warmer age.

Any influence humans have is virtually insignificant.

Should we stop polluting the planet.....yes

Are we the cause of Global Warming......no

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

Invisiblewowitch420
whippits n ribs
 User Gallery

Loc: 512 TX
Re: Global Warming [Re: niteowl]
    #58588 - 06/16/08 02:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

global warming is definately a natural process, with many natural contributing factors. But our contribution to it in the past half century is obviously higher than normal. Natural global warming doesnt happen as fast as it is right now. Thats why during the  jurassic period things did well in the heat, because slow change led the species to adapt to the temperatures. As fast as its going we are in for a treat in the next 100-200 years.

I dont think we are able to stop it but we can at least slow it down somewhat

--------------------

heady nugz

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #58597 - 06/16/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i prefer not to think about global warming. that was i can just go about my life not worrying.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineFungi_x
The Goatse Man
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MICH
    #58618 - 06/16/08 02:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I was thinking today about how everything on this planet has its place some assholes call a "circle of life" and all organisms depend on each other. Well I then thought what is mans place? I think we are here to protect the planets life processes but we are doing a shitty job of it and burning up millions of years worth of stored energy up in hundreds of years.... can't be good.

The world as we all know it will end some time soon. No internet, no power grid.... no wall-mart. Get reading those survival books!

--------------------
Never Force users to vote before viewing poll results!
State By State Laws
Mandatory Minimum Sentencing!
Moderator Edit: Removed Flames
http://ipower.movielol.org/info.php

My Original Fucking Idea.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Re: Global Warming [Re: wowitch420]
    #58650 - 06/16/08 03:16 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch420 said:
global warming is definately a natural process, with many natural contributing factors. But our contribution to it in the past half century is obviously higher than normal. Natural global warming doesnt happen as fast as it is right now. Thats why during the  jurassic period things did well in the heat, because slow change led the species to adapt to the temperatures. As fast as its going we are in for a treat in the next 100-200 years.

I dont think we are able to stop it but we can at least slow it down somewhat

Those are also good points.

--------------------

OfflineBrugman
))<>((
Male

#58679 - 06/16/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
yet we had one of the most lush planets in the galaxy.

nuh uh, Venus totally has the lushest rainforests.

--------------------

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
Re: Global Warming [Re: Brugman]
    #58687 - 06/16/08 03:46 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Magrathea FTW!!!

OfflineezKiel
All About the Haze
Male User Gallery

#58739 - 06/16/08 04:58 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Pilz said:
Quote:

j0nnyb0y05 said:
Quote:

Pilz said:
My opinion on this subject is,i dont care.You see,by the time global warming is ever a threat,ill be long dead!

you see in my opinion your worthless to society because you dont care about it, go die

Um your an idiot,why should i care about something that probablywont effect me? seriously if it get 200degrees outside and im in a tomb then why should i care?....retard

Because you (arguably) might have children and grandchildren. Ideally you would want the best for them, enough so to overcome your selfish tendancies, and leave something worthwhile for them.

I'm of the opinion that we would be far better off with about 1/10th the world population. Not that I wish death on 9/10ths. Just in an ideal world there would be FAR fewer people.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: Global Warming [Re: wowitch420]
    #58953 - 06/16/08 09:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch420 said:
Natural global warming doesnt happen as fast as it is right now.

That sir is a very large assumption.

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Re: Global Warming [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #59034 - 06/16/08 11:26 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

it's not an assumption, we have hard data of past global temperature trends. Anyone who can read a graph can tell that wowitch is correct

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder